DVDVR Message Board

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier (07/02/2022) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

286501704_10160162177181276_343592280065
UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier 
July 2, 2022
Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

UFC Middleweight Championship: Israel Adesanya © (183.5) vs. Jared Cannonier (184.5) (fifth defense) - Adesanya, DEC (unanimous)
UFC Featherweight Championship: Alexander Volkanovski © (144.5) vs. Max Holloway (144.5) (fourth defense) - Volkanovski, DEC (unanimous)
Sean Strickland (185.5) vs. Alex Pereira (184.5) - Pereira, KO (punches), R1 (2:36)
Robbie Lawler (171) vs. Bryan Barberena (170.5) - Barberena, TKO (strikes), R2 (4:47)
Pedro Munhoz (135.5) vs. Sean O'Malley (135) - No Contest (accidental eyepoke)

ABC / ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Brad Riddell (155.5) vs. Jalin Turner (155.5) - Turner, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (0:45)
Jim Miller (170.5) vs. Donald Cerrone (170.5) - Miller, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (1:32)
Ian Garry (171) vs. Gabriel Green (170) - Garry, DEC (unanimous)
Brad Tavares (185.5) vs. Dricus du Plessis (185) - Du Plessis, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN / ESPN+ / Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Uriah Hall (186) vs. André Muniz (185.5) - Muniz, DEC (unanimous)
Jessica Eye (126) vs. Maycee Barber (126) - Barber, DEC (unanimous)
Jessica-Rose Clark (135.5) vs. Juija Stoliarenko (136) - Stoliarenko, SUB (armbar), R1 (0:42)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Juija Stoliarenko
Performance of the Night: Jalin Turner
Performance of the Night: Alex Pereira
Fight of the Night: Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena

Attendance: 19,649
Gate: $10.4 million
Buyrate

• Like 1

I am old, so I am most intrigued by the old man fight between Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone. 

Poor Jessica Eye.  Get your head kicked off by the Bullet and before you know it, you are just a prelim fighter.

Edited by J.T.

In my eyes, Alexander Volkanovski and Max Holloway are 1-1. Volkanovski won the first and Holloway the second. The trilogy fight is by far the fight I'm most looking forward to. Fan of both but rooting for Blessed.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am old, so I am most intrigued by the old man fight between Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone. 

Second or third for me. Cerrone hasn't won a fight since May 2019 and stopped in four by strikes. Fancy Miller making it five.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Poor Jessica Eye.  Get your head kicked off by the Bullet and before you know it, you are just a prelim fighter.

Jessica Eye was fighting regularly on the prelims prior to challenging for a title. TBH most of the folks who have challenged Valentina come straight from the prelims or lower profile ESPN+ cards and return shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

IF the first fight was any indication, we're in for a gruesome night. Stoliarenko aka Arm Bar Goddess just popped poor Rose Clark's elbow something nasty.

If anything will make you walk away from professional fighting it's discovering how much money you can make in movies just hangin' out. Glad Cerrone found something new.

• Like 1

Just now, jaedmc said:

If anything will make you walk away from professional fighting it's discovering how much money you can make in movies just hangin' out. Glad Cerrone found something new.

I was thinking that this should probably be it for him win or lose, especially given how the Lauzon fight kept falling apart. At this point of your career, do you really need a several month long training camp for a fight with no real significance? Dudes in their prime don't even want to do something like that.

After seeing Jessica Eye retire, I was thinking Cerrone might do the same if he lost.  Hell of a career, long time fav. Loved his run towards the title in 2014-15 when he was on fire, fighting every few months or so. Crazy that was only the 2nd time Cerrone had been submitted.  Jim Miller is the man.

Not sure what to make of that Munoz/O'Malley fight. I mean, Munoz wasn't  really losing. Sure it was point scoring with the leg kicks, but for almost a round and a half O'Malley wasn't really stopping it either.

...But never mind that shit Lawler/Barberena is already ridiculous.

• Like 1