DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 6/29/2022!

DEAN

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Orange Cassidy won a big match, against a physically larger opponent, in Detroit, with a bodyslam.

Who does he think he is, Hulk Hogan?

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Orange you glad it was a good match

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Orange you glad it was a good match

Okay, what the fuck is going on here?

18 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Okay, what the fuck is going on here?

Spoiler

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Banana.

Banana who?

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Banana.

Banana who?

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Banana.

Banana who?

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Orange

Orange Who?

Orange you glad I didn’t say Banana.

F0-B254-F8-A3-B1-400-F-BF5-F-C1-B1-F6-F6

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Has anybody heard about Santana's injury?

Alvarez said he pretty much shredded his knee, possibly tearing multiple ligaments

Edited by Zimbra
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Alvarez said he pretty much shredded his knee, possibly tearing multiple ligaments

That ain't good.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, zendragon said:

Didn't she make TV backing up Marina? not that's its much but its something

Yes she was Marina’s second in the Storm match. But I am in agreement with those calling out AEW for having Nyla and Sonny prominently in their Pride ads while not featuring them on TV.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

To me it was rather Clockwork Orange with Alex and his Droogs

That’s what I got, with the suspenders as well. The hats were more fedora than bowler but otherwise that was the look I think they wanted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Has anybody heard about Santana's injury?

49 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

34 minutes ago, DEAN said:

That ain't good.

Fuck. It looked bad and so it's come to pass.

I had a blast, thanks @The Natural

Craziest match I've ever seen live. I always get so nervous when they climb up to the top of the cage, so I was having proper palpitations for a while there. Can we talk about what a freak Claudio is for wrestling forty minutes and then having the strength and mental focus to climb to the top of the cage and giant swing Jericho. We all know the guy's not real, but that's fucking insane.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

What are we expecting the main at Grand Slam to be?

- Mox/Punk

- Punk/Kingston

- Mox/Kingston

- Punk/Danielson

- Something else?

I don't know but I'm getting tickets again when they go on sale.  I didn't even have a clue about who'd be on for last year when I got them but I just had a great feeling about it.  If people are able to get tickets for that I can't recommend it enough.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I forget…does Arthur Ashe Stadium not have air conditioning, heat, or both?

I had to look it up and it technically has neither, but it has some kind of air cooling system but is basically open air with a retractable roof.

I wanted to refrain from comment until I'd seen the whole thing, so here goes;

1. Ethan Page does not need a mouthpiece. Dan Lambert is a legitimately great "heat machine" manager, and would really help someone get to the next level. Ethan Page is no longer that person. Stick Lambert with Anthony Ogogo, maybe. 

2. "Jane" is a fucking banger. It adds so much to Orange Cassidy's presentation. Tazz correctly predicted how the crowd would react to that guy. Not that it's hard, but still...

Pretty good match. At some point you're gonna have to add Ethan Page to the "people we have to do something with" list. He's so, so good.

Great finish. What a reaction. The Best Friends' getup absolutely rules.

3. Christian Cage is so effortlessly good at this heel shit. His promo was despicable without having to scream into the camera. Take notes, MJF. The Luchasaurus thing rules. I love the overhaul. 

4. Wardlow needs to murder Scorpio Sky and whoever Lambert brings from ATT. I could see them drawing out his TNT title win until All Out, but that would be a mistake.

5. Holy shit. Who would've that that "Ass Boys; heat machines" and "Max Caster; tv taping mvp" would be a thing in 2022? Caster has gotten this whole thing over to a ridiculous degree. Rod and Tod Ass have such punchable faces. 

6. Danhausen is a jewel. That guy will earn the value of his contract and then some over the next couple years, and not a penny of it will be earned in the ring. And that's okay. FTR as top babyfaces is also a wonderful development.

7. Billy Ass choosing the Acclaimed over his actual sons makes total sense. Like when Dusty Rhodes used to talk about how awkward it was when Eddie Graham would refer to him as his "wrestling son," when Eddie actually had a son that wrestled. I wonder if that's why Mike was so mad all the time. 

8. PRetty fun promo from Singh, Lethal and Dutt. 

9. A recurring theme for tonight is "people WWE had in to the PC for tryouts who went on to draw actual dollars for another promotion." Jade Cargill is at the top of that list. She is a STAR. Is she a great in ring worker? No. Does that matter? Not even a little bit. The UE guys are great workers and they couldn't draw money with a green crayon (that's the only shot, I swear). Leila Gray joining the Baddies makes sense.

Statlander is such a standout. She has a chance to be a great homegrown champion for them if they pull the trigger at the right time. Have her take the belt off of Jade and move Jade up to the big prize.

10. In my attempt to be more positive, I will refrain from comment on the Young Bucks promo, particularly when they referred to themselves as "the best tag team in the world" when they weren't even the best tag team in the building.

11. Holy shit. Every part of Blood & Guts ruled much ass. The JAS entrance was the right kind of heelish. Kingston and P&P got an unbelievable reaction. The conspiracy theorists amongst us will note that P&P didn't rock the matching "Dead Presidents" face paint. 

It took me exactly two matches to turn me from "meh" to "holy shit" on Claudio. Mox's entrance is maybe the best in wrestling. Dude is clearly having the time of his life.

12. Sammy Guevara is a madman. I love that starting "B&G" is his thing. He and Claudio had some communication issues, but he is the exact right kind of guy to make Castagnoli look like a monster. Daniel Garcia is such a great stooge heel. Enough hard edge to make him credible. I got serious early Kurt Angle vibes from that huge du-rag. Did Stevie Ray have a yard sale? Suckas gotsta know. 

13. It is as damning an indictment on the current WWE system that in less time than it took them to take Shinsuke Nakamura from "superstar" to "just another guy," AEW turned Wheeler Yuta from "dude who ate pins for the Best Friends" to "future pillar of the company." William Regal told a story on someone's podcast about how he wanted to sign Garcia, Yuta and Ricky Starks to nXt. He was told that WWE wasn't interested in continuing in that direction with nXt. Jake Hager; big match monster is another quirky, wonderful thing about AEW. There was no way to see that coming, and yet it's here. The moment he and Claudio had was truly awesome.

14. I loved the finish. That tells such a great story. That Claudio was able to come in and immediately do what Eddie had tried to do for months is such a poignant story beat to draw from later. 

I'm falling asleep. I'm sure I'll have more to say later.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 7/1/2022 at 1:04 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't know but I'm getting tickets again when they go on sale.  I didn't even have a clue about who'd be on for last year when I got them but I just had a great feeling about it.  If people are able to get tickets for that I can't recommend it enough.

Hard seconded. The single greatest live experience I've had in any genre - concerts, sports, the circus, you name it. If you can get there, be there. The guys in my section told me they had more fun there than at the Giants Stadium 'Mania!

• Like 5