DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 6/29/2022!

DEAN

Just now, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Doh. LCL & MCL is what I meant.

I've torn my ACL and needed surgery to repair it. And my kneecap did dislocate when it happened. So I'm unfortunately all too aware of which ligaments go where lol.

So here's a question, how do they diagnose with human medicine? Because in veterinary medicine they do what's called a positive drawer test, where the vet grasps the femur with one hand and the tibia with the other and literally pulls the femur forward, trying to make it slide like a dresser drawer. If it slides forward, the ACL is torn, if not it is still intact. You can sometimes see it on an x-ray, but not usually, so the drawer test is the most accurate way to diagnose dogs.

The kids are all about the polished video breakdowns of things now, right? We need someone to go over Eddie's five stages of grief during the finish of the match.

Denial: What do you mean you got the submission on Parker? I had Jericho. I had him right here? Why did the bell ring? On top of a cage, in Kawada's move. Jericho. He's a coward! I had him.

Anger: You screwed me again Claudio! Just like before! You stole my moment! You knew how much this meant to me! You Swiss asshole!

Bargaining: I mean, we both did it at the same time, right? I had Jericho. I beat him this way already. Maybe this is just our win together. Maybe I can accept that. We all knew he was going to quit.

Depression: Oh no, no, it's not. Who am I kidding? You did it. You came up here. You saved me from the Walls. You did it. You swung him around. My back hurts. Just, no, I don't want to get up. My back hurts and you did it and this was my moment, my chance, and now it's gone forever.

Acceptance: Fine. Fine. I'll fistbump you. Fine. I hate you. You did it. I'll fistbump you. But I'm Eddie Kingston so I'm still in depression and I'm never going to really accept this bullshit.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, chriskbrown50 said:

Indeed he did - as someone else said Dark Luchasaurus is the new Tomko (and improved). 2 promos in 2 weeks and this whole feud is set to be fire. Christian is channeling some of old Brett and Owen Hart heat. 

THAT'S MISTER VIBORA TO YOU~!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Jane: 

Also Jane, Orange Cassidy, and Wet Hot American Summer: 

Get it now?

And no, Trent's look didn't mean anything. He always looks like that.

Now I want this to be Orange’s new entrance:

Edited by Log
  • Haha 1

By the way was there any explanation why the JAS was dressed they were?   I figured the red was some Detroit Red Wings thing but maybe there was even more ulterior motives to that.     I would love to hear the conversation from Jericho trying to tell Jake Hager that it is a good luck for him  

Just now, hammerva said:

By the way was there any explanation why the JAS was dressed they were?   I figured the red was some Detroit Red Wings thing but maybe there was even more ulterior motives to that.     I would love to hear the conversation from Jericho trying to tell Jake Hager that it is a good luck for him  

Nope. Shinsuke Nakamura meets Magic Mike.

• Haha 1

The one match I really wanted to see was the Original Wargames. The hype for that match was insane in my mind. So getting a Wargames match like last night on free TV was actually incredible. I had a few oh my gosh moments and wondered out loud what AEW's new bosses thought about that on live TV. Time will tell but that was way more than Dusty getting juice on TBS on Saturday night. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Regarding Tay's dress/skirt, props for dressing EXACTLY like the type of character that would be with Sammy's character. After it happened I was like, yeah, Sammy would be with a woman who would have to pull her skirt back down in a fight.

LOOOOOOOOOOL Sammy and Tay as the couple you see on an episode of COPS is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chriskbrown50 said:

I had a few oh my gosh moments and wondered out loud what AEW's new bosses thought about that on live TV. Time will tell but that was way more than Dusty getting juice on TBS on Saturday night. 

There was blood when the network brass were at the L.A. show - which also had an MJF F-bomb into a live mic - so I'm under the impression that if it were any kind of issue, or becoming any kind of issue, it would have come up by now.

I'm obviously biased or I wouldn't be here, but I don't think there's ever been anything on AEW TV that matches the reprehensibility of WBD's shows about sex tourism or the morbidly obese

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elizium said:

So here's a question, how do they diagnose with human medicine? Because in veterinary medicine they do what's called a positive drawer test, where the vet grasps the femur with one hand and the tibia with the other and literally pulls the femur forward, trying to make it slide like a dresser drawer. If it slides forward, the ACL is torn, if not it is still intact. You can sometimes see it on an x-ray, but not usually, so the drawer test is the most accurate way to diagnose dogs.

MRI.

They do those same twist and pull and slide tests to determine if they think it's partially torn or fully torn, trying to avoid an MRI. Which are expensive even with insurance. In my case I have strong leg muscles so the leg didn't move much on any of the twisting. The doctor in attendance that night said he didn't think there was structural damage because of it. So I was dumb and kept working on it. Kneecap dislocated again in my next match and I just called and scheduled the MRI without another consult. And it was a torn ACL plus the added bonus of a torn minuscis from the kneecap doing damage when it dislodged.

They sent me to rehab a couple times pre surgery to strengthen the areas around the knee as much as possible to make for an easier post surgery rehab. And even my PT did the slide and twist test was like 'Ive seen the tear in the MRI and even I would think there's no tear' when he was dong the drawer test.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Back up over a million! The Claudio effect

HELL YEAH! CLAUDIO! CLAUDIO! CLAUDIO!

• Like 7

16 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

REGAL WITH THE HEENAN REFERENCE! "Lose if you have to, win if you can, but always cheat". I nominate Yuta as the new Prince of German Suplexes. So many great germans. Pops it purposefully and with menace. 

whoa whoa whoa. That is totally a Jesse Ventura line. although i've seen it attributed earlier, the Body is the first one i remember hearing it from directly and repeatedly.

heel Christian has always been the best Christian.

the B&G match was pretty great, but 6-on-6 is too many. 4-on-4 is the right mix, although 5-on-5 can be fine if done right too. 

loving the addition of Claudio to the roster. 

Last night was the rare instance of a Dynamite dragging to the finish line instead of cramming a ton of stuff in the last minute. Otherwise, the B&G match was pretty spectacular. Loved the pacing with the heels getting some heat in the middle phases, but not killing all the face heat with every new entrant. Parker's stooging intro particularly stood out. Even Santana's obvious injury didn't seem to hinder the momentum. The finish seemed like exactly the finish they would've done with Bryan in there too, so I don't think they missed a beat there. Not quite as tight as Anarchy in the Arena, but an amazing spectacle nevertheless. Claudio in AEW rules as much as I imagined.

Also good to see Taz moving into a bigger announcing role. He's known for his goofy stuff, but he's one of the most underrated announcers ever going back to the brand split SD days. He has that genuine enthusiasm for wrestling and always seems to vibe with whoever he's in the booth with. If JR and Tony want a lighter workload, Taz is the right guy until they can phase Caprice Coleman in.

Since TK reads the board, please do a wholesome segment where Taz amicably parts ways with Starks and Hobbs and they wish him well as he has to relinquish his manager's license to do full-time commentary per internal regulations.

• Like 5

Caught up on the rest of the show. Not a ton to say but I really liked Cassidy vs Page. Page came in with a game plan, ready for OC and it made Cassidy and what he might possibly do to get back into the match more interesting than the usual format.

• Like 4