DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 6/29/2022!

DEAN

Amazing spectacle of a main event. Definitely delivered the Blood and Guts. Felt horrible for Santana, he went down after his initial flurry and never got back up again the entire match and had to be left out of the rooftop celebration. Didn't love the dissension in the finish as I liked the initial visual of Claudio coming to save Eddie, but enjoyed Kingston and Claudio seeming to get along afterwards in the celebration at least. Dug the I Prevail feud video and a nice little spot for Ruby to get included. I wondered if they're reworking the commentary after Forbidden Door with Taz replacing JR and then JR only doing the main tonight.

I'm still more of a fan of "Where is My Mind" but cool to see Orange get his old theme anyway. Real fun opener. Sad to see the end of Jurassic Express with Evil Luchasaurus but Christian is getting mega heat.  Huge pop for FTR's entrance is always great to see and then the implosion of the Acclaimed/Gunn Club. 

Looking forward to the Royal Rampage! Old school GAB 89 style two ring battle royal

• Like 8

VIOLENCE.....I LOVE IT!

Everything hit tonight. 

JANE

That FTR pop

Heel Christian and Heel Luchasaurus

B&G was a fantastic symphony of brawling, weapons and RUTHLESSSS AGRESSSSSIONNNN (lol). They really need to get a sponsor to present the next B&G commercial free though.

Hope Santana is OK. 

Looking forward to seeing who wins the Royal Rampage on Friday. Will be cool if they do the old school double ring double elimination style battle royal.

• Like 9

MOTHERFUCKING JANE!  BY JEFFERSON STARSHIP FROM THE ALBUM FREEDOM AT POINT ZERO!  Detroit is molten for the heel stylings of Dan Lambert.  Ethan Page is great beating a mountain of heat on Orange Cassidy- being a TOTAL DiBiasian Dick.  The crowd is behind Cassidy and hate the fuck out of Page!  Cassidy gets a hope spot and Page cuts him off by kicking him in the stomach.  Page would been a GREAT territorial heel.  Orange Cassidy is our Ricky Steamboat and he has the babyface fire to get the crowd to freak out like maniacs!  Dan Lambert is great as Jim Cornette- if only he would bump, he could be a great heel manager.  He is no Mark Sterling.  I can only imagine how much better this match will be on the INTERNATIONAL FEED!  Page is awesome as we come back, crushing Cassidy's comeback with a KARATE KICK and the move that Thunder Rosa beat Toni Storm with.  Cassidy counters the Ego's Edge with Putting His Hands In His Pockets!  Lambert channels Cornette and is aghast!  The arch type of Ethan Page is that of Tay Conte's dad.  Since he lives it Michigan and his daughter is there to see him for the first time live, he must teach her to work hard and not be a slacker, to NOT BECOME ORANGE CASSIDY!  Orange Cassidy channels the Great Muta and mists Lambert with orange juice and Orange Punches Page twice and hits a slacker half-assed Michinoku Driver for the win.  LIVE THE GIMMICK!  Christian Cage is FUCKING GREAT!  MJWHO?  Christian Cage and Jungle Boy's mom would make a cute couple!  TELL EM, CHRISTIAN! MOTOR CITY SWEATHOGS!  Serpentico and Luchasaurus continues the Guys Not On The PPV theme of the first hour.  Cage is the second great manager of the evening!  Postmatch,  Serpentico is chokeslammed!  WHERE IS LUTHER!?!  WHY IS HE ALONE IN DETROIT!?!  Well!  Next week Wardlow gets the title!  What?  No Austin Gunn greeting the town they are in?  WHAT THE FUCK!  HOLY SHIT! FTR!  HOLY SHIT!  Anthony Bowens is GREAT reacting to FTR walking down the aisle.  THIS should be good.  Austin Gunn is a TOTAL HEAT MACHINE.  Detroit is a fun crowd!  Danhausen is shined up by the Ass Boys and Max Caster AND THEN he is the very nice, very evil Ricky Morton!  The Ass Boys beat the shit out of him during picture in picture. (From here on out, I will shorten my gloating about the INTERNATIONAL FEED that you rubes don't get by shortening I AWAIT THE INTERNATIONAL FEED as) IATIF.  Austin Gunn is so fucking good.  Dax makes the hot tag and German Suplexes Austin a hundred times.  Danhausen MAKES THE HOT TAG!  Anthony Bowen is FAKING IT! HE MISSES DANHAUSEN WITH THE CRUTCH AND HITS AUSTIN!  DANHAUSEN GETS THE PIN!  There is dissension in the Ass Boys/Acclaimed camp!  SEVERAL STARS!  Who is the new Baddie?  They should draft Leila Grey.  She is the OVW Women's champion.  HEY! LEILA GRAY IS THE NEW BADDIE! YAAAAY!  Or maybe not.  She has to defend her belt against Freya the Slayah and Haley J anyway.  Awesome!  Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI versus the Young Bucks on Friday!  Whoa!  Nyla vs Toni Storm!  Rampage looks good.  And there will be a battle royal too.  Jericho Appreciation Society is wearing RED?  So I guess there will be no blood.  Oh wait, Jon Moxley is in this so OF COURSE there will be blood.  It's right there in the name of the match!  Jon Moxley entering the arena in Detroit is awesome.  DETROIT IS MOLTEN!  Claudio is very Blackpool Combat Club in attitude.  Sammy is flying around completely out of control.  DANIEL GARCIA IS SECOND!  I could dig Claudio versus Daniel Garcia.  Claudio is all strong during the picture in picture.  IATIF.  Wheeler Yuta hits a million German Suplexes and Tay Conti is AWESOME looking so worried over her man being suplexed to oblivion!  Jake Hagar enters to be SECRETLY AWESOME!  He and Claudio stare at each other and the crowd in Detroit rises.  JON MOXLEY ENTERS THE FRAY!  Oh man,  Garcia is going to bleed before Moxley bleeds!  AWESOME! BLOOD!  Tay Conti is GREAT screeching about Claudio beating the fudge out of Sammy.  Wheeler Yuta is the all star of the match.  WHEN WILL MOXLEY BLADE?  IATIF!  Somebody else is bleeding but the screen is too tiny!  Cool Hand Angelo maybe?  MOXLEY GOES HEADFIRST INTO THE CAGE!  I assume Mox has enough of an excuse to make his forehead a Wagner Plasma Sprayer.  And he DOES!  Angelo Parker has the MOST blood!  Daddy Magic will tap a vein but WHEN?  WHEELER YUTA IS BLEEDING!  Angelo Parker is approaching Cactus Jack during the King of the Death Match level blood.  Daddy Magic is a late entry into the Bleedingest Of the Match!  Santana is out with a knee injury.  OH MAN, ANGELO PARKER IS BLOOD SUCKING FREAK OF THE MATCH!  Daddy Magic is fucking SUPERSTAR for BLEEDING THAT MUCH and GOING STRAIGHT INTO THE THUMBTACKS!  Daddy Magic is catching up with Angelo Parker- bloodwise.  IATIF.  Will Jericho blade?  JERICHO WITH THE WALLS OF JERICHO ON MOX ON THE TACKS!  RUBY SOHO TAKES OUT TAY CONTI!  JERICHO AND EDDIE ARE ON THE TOP OF THE CAGE!  SAMMY FLIES OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE!  They have another Picture in picture!  DADDY MAGIC TAPS OUT TO THE CLAUDIO'S SHARPSHOOTER!  STEALING THE WIN!  That was fun.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Cool Hand Ang is dead, right?

First thing I thought when seeing him hanging was Jay Briscoe in the Age of the Fall debut.  Just a disgusting image.  And yes it is clear 2.0 is taking bets who can run the razor the best in these matches.  Right now they are even 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, elizium said:

Mox got too over eager and fucked up the MASADA skewers by breaking them. AEW needs to sign Atticus Cogar in order to make amends to me

The way they were reacting i thought Matt shoot low blowed him cause he was fucking up the skewers 

• Like 1

What was the deal with the bottle of rubbing alcohol? It looked like it fell out of the cage somehow and Tay tried to pass it through the fencing to Jericho but it either didn’t fit or they spilled it all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

What was the deal with the bottle of rubbing alcohol? It looked like it fell out of the cage somehow and Tay tried to pass it through the fencing to Jericho but it either didn’t fit or they spilled it all. 

My guess is that someone was supposed to go through a flaming table.

Also, how the hell did Parker get out of the cage?

• Like 4

When Eddie got tackled by Hager he clearly dropped it and must have rolled under the ring.  And bottle was too big to squeeze through and spilled too much for it to matter 

They do need to figure that middle part because i guess it was too wild between it that people were having hell of a time getting one ring to another.   Hager almost killed someone trying to throw them to the other ring

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

My guess is that someone was supposed to go through a flaming table.

Regal acted so devious when JR wanted to know what was going on.  Like him and Eddie were planning on ways to set someone on fire before the match

• Like 2