DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 6/29/2022!

DEAN

23 minutes ago, Matt D said:

That was sort of the set up for #30 with Sterling, Bates, and Shafir.

Ah, true!  I forgot about that, thanks!  But then the payoff was Jade making "dangerous MMA fighter" Shafir look like a chump.  The equivalent of Rocky knocking out Clubber with a jab in round one.

So counting Cody doing it twice, that's now three times they did a sort of Rocky 3 angle and failed to pay it off correctly.  Somebody send TK a DVD.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Matt D said:

Just hypothetically... what if Cesaro does this:

Reveal hidden contents

Who is this Cesaro guy? 

Seriously, that seems too obvious and not really on-brand for Claudio. More likely one of P&P do it instead... that or Eddie powers through his hatred of Claudio and everyone works as a team until the match ends.

Have they touched on the Eddie/Claudio/Bryan heat at all? I don't remember any in-depth profiles about their history... seems like a missed opportunity.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

EDDIE KINGSTON ADDRESSES HIS ENEMIES: part 194 in a 1,438,272 part series.

I wish I could remember the full quote but I think after  "God, I know you keep trying but I'm still here" nobody else on that list should be a surprise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Who is this Cesaro guy? 

Seriously, that seems too obvious and not really on-brand for Claudio. More likely one of P&P do it instead... that or Eddie powers through his hatred of Claudio and everyone works as a team until the match ends.

Have they touched on the Eddie/Claudio/Bryan heat at all? I don't remember any in-depth profiles about their history... seems like a missed opportunity.

I hear you, Pete. I think it'd be obvious in a week. I got the vibe yesterday no one was thinking about it yet. I certainly wasn't. It wasn't until I saw a blip about how Eddie said he didn't trust Claudio and then the possibility registered. Every day that passes from the debut people think more about a potential swerve because it's wrestling, but for now everyone's still focused on the joy of having Claudio in the BCC and all the potential dream matches that they want him to have. You tell me that that it's not on-brand for Claudio to be a sports entertainer? Part of the joy of him being in AEW right now is that he can lean a bit more into the comedy bits/skits on the side too. It just really pulls the rug out on everything. I don't think they'll do it though, because Tony comes off as the sort of guy who doesn't want to deviate too much from his plans and this was absolutely never the plan, but I think it could get molten heat, and if I was Jericho, for instance, I'd be in Khan's ear all day trying to get him to do it.

As for the heat? I think it's been there at the margins. Remember, they ended the PPV with Kingston outside the ring in a "how dare you bring him in!"/"can they coexist" sort of way.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Who is this Cesaro guy? 

They have with Eddie and Bryan at least. They haven't had much of a chance with Eddie and Claudio for obvious reasons. 

As much as I like the idea of Claudio in the BCC, I really was pulling for a new incarnation of Swiss Money Holding.

Then I remembered that would add another wealthy and entitled douchebag gimmick to the roster after they just trimmed one off by turning Matt Hardy face and giving the Home Office stable to Andrade,

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

As much as I try to avoid having expectations and just let myself be surprised and enjoy what happens, I have an idea of what might play out in the main event but if they don't go that way, I'm sure I'll still like it.

Hopefully we get some story progression and maybe some new chapters written, as after Double Or Nothing things seemed to continue with a lot of the same feuds. For example, having Hangman and Adam Cole still going at it. Punk being injured through a wrench into that for sure but with their super deep roster, there's no reason to keep having people feud forever.

Also, I’m interested to see if there’s any kind of follow up on Rocky Romero getting a clear 3-count on Dax at FD or if they just try to ignore that happening.

Also of possible interest: None of the United Empire guys are booked for New Japan’s road shows next week, so technically they’re free for another couple of weeks until the G1 kicks off. Could we see them hang around?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, Blood and Guts first, or last?

That's a great question. I think B&G should be first. They should've booked a strong main event to end the show...and I'm not sure Orange/Ethan is it.

There have to be some new angles/feuds kicking off tonight, right?

I think if they have some big angle that's going to happen tonight that's not Blood N Guts related, then it can go on first.  If not, I kind of think that you have to close with it.

Out of the past week, it does seem like Lucha Bros and House of Black are finally moving away from each other. I can see Miro being pissed about getting misted and going after Black. Also, looks like Lucha Bros may move on to Rush and Andrade.

With that taken care of, are there really any current feuds besides JAS/Eddie and friends? I guess Wardlow is still going after Scorpio. What else am I missing here?

6 minutes ago, Log said:

There have to be some new angles/feuds kicking off tonight, right?

I think if they have some big angle that's going to happen tonight that's not Blood N Guts related, then it can go on first.  If not, I kind of think that you have to close with it.

Out of the past week, it does seem like Lucha Bros and House of Black are finally moving away from each other. I can see Miro being pissed about getting misted and going after Black. Also, looks like Lucha Bros may move on to Rush and Andrade.

With that taken care of, are there really any current feuds besides JAS/Eddie and friends? I guess Wardlow is still going after Scorpio. What else am I missing here?

The ROH stuff (Mercedes/Deeb, Lethal/Joe, Tully's group and Moriarty/Gresham).

Baddies vs Kris/Willow/Athena (plus new one)

Debatable if Darby/Sting are satisfied with their revenge (but with Cole and O'Reilly out...)

Heel Christian (Luchasaurus)

Ass Boys going after Danhausen

Keith Lee/Swerve dissension and Hobbs/Starks wanting another shot at them (and maybe Butcher/Blade too?)

Dark level stuff (Fuego turning down the factory, the set up for next week's DO vs Wingmen match, Garcia going after the Pure title)

Some stuff, I guess.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Also, I’m interested to see if there’s any kind of follow up on Rocky Romero getting a clear 3-count on Dax at FD or if they just try to ignore that happening.

False. The ref dropped down and counted to one. Stopped because Dax's shoulder came up. Started a new count (while also yelling very loudly ONE on that second time his hand hits the mat), Dax kicked out at 2 and a half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3