DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 6/24/2022

So, which match do you think is going to steal the show:

Cash vs Cobb

or 

Andrade vs Fenix

?

We are also.getting Deeb & Mercedes teaming up and Hook being awesome... so either of those dark horses might run away with it.

You know who the real winners are here, though, right?

Spoiler

We are. We are the winners. With "we" meaning "people who love to watch good pro wrestling. 'Cuz that is what we are going to do,in a little less than eleven hours.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'm excited for the Deeb/Martinez team to make TV, that should be a nice little showing.

It's also very cool that Cash is getting his singles match after we've gotten a few Dax solo shots.

Fenix/Andrade should be rad, not my guys but I doubt it'll be a bad time

• Like 2

Rampage being on so late (for my old ass) means that I usually watch it with the boy on Saturday morning.  I really love the feeling of some Saturday morning wrestling.  Takes me back.

• Like 8

No idea if this is actually true, but in my headcanon Andrade is mad about being left off the ppv because of the CMLL/AAA issues and is coming in with something to prove. So I'm expecting that match to be great.

Also I accidentally got spoiled on the one more match that they're adding to Forbidden Door on this show, which is bad, but I think it's a really cool match, so that's good!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

No idea if this is actually true, but in my headcanon Andrade is mad about being left off the ppv because of the CMLL/AAA issues and is coming in with something to prove. So I'm expecting that match to be great.

Also I accidentally got spoiled on the one more match that they're adding to Forbidden Door on this show, which is bad, but I think it's a really cool match, so that's good!

They're adding a match tonight on Rampage?

6 minutes ago, Log said:

They're adding a match tonight on Rampage?

That's what I've heard. It's a match that will be on the Buy-In pre-show, so like, not main event level stuff or anything.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Did Martinez turn heel?  I don't keep up with the youtube shows so I missed out on the justification for her teaming with Deeb.

It's more like they were thrown together and are trying to one-up each other and win but obviously don't trust the other. 

• Thanks 1

Realistically, I'm going to be blind drunk and probably blasting angry or dumb music all night tonight so I'll likely catch up on Saturday. Both those matches sound pretty good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Did Martinez turn heel?  I don't keep up with the youtube shows so I missed out on the justification for her teaming with Deeb.

I time coded them for you. Take 15-20 mins and watch. It's good stuff, especially the first two:

Spoiler

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I time coded them for you. Take 15-20 mins and watch. It's good stuff, especially the first two:

Reveal hidden contents

As always, you are a scholar and a gentleman.  Gonna watch when I get home from work  Thank you!

• Like 1

HOLY SHIT!  This match is fucking awesome.  Andrade is fucking awesome.  Rey Fenix is fucking awesome.  Dueling Three Amigos is so fucking cool.  JESUS!  Rey Fenix is fucking CRAZY!  THEN! Rey Fenix bumps GIGANTIC to the floor and we watch picture in picture like a bunch of rubes.  I await tomorrow and the sweet sweet INTERNATIONAL FEED.  Why is Andrade not the AEW champion?   Man, Rey Fenix is so spectacular.  Andrade takes a Cutter like RVD takes a DDT.  Andrade counters Rey's highwire spot.  Rey counters Andrade's double knees by allowing him to drive them into the ringpost!  We go back to picture in picture like a bunch a JERKS.  Rey misses a Swanton and Andrade gets a two!  So this is the best match in the history of Rampage.  We come back to Rey Fenix hitting a fucking GNARLEY Spanish Fly.  Man, this match is fucking great.  GREAT fucking Shiryu Tope by Rey Fenix.  IT'S FUCKING RUSH!  So fucking great.  All that and Jose is shirtless!  HE'S SO BUFF!  Oh man, Death Triangle vs Rush and Andrade (and bring in Dragon Lee to even it all out) is a feud I could back for several years.  YAAAAY!  So fucking great.  Rush jobs to his shirt!  He has IRON CUFFLINKS!  Man, that was good.  

Awesome!  Kanemaru and El Desperado versus Shane Strickland and Keith Lee!  Awesome!  Deeb and Martinez versus fucking Sierra!  She is fucking great.  And Laynie Luck is good.  Martinez procures the nastiest armbar you will see.  Laynie Luck takes a very Glamour Girls level ass beating.  What a great tag team.  Sierra didn't get to do much but they should definitely sign her.  TULLY and the Gates of Torment!  So ROH is definitely about to get TV.   So the Buy-In is going to be Rampage level.  And they send out Hook!  DKC hits KARATE CHOPS! Hook hits a sweet Judo throw. Hook with the Steiner crossfaces.  Hey, hook sold some!  Poor Excalibur.  He needs to breathe.  Roppongi Vice winning the ROH and IWGP tag titles would hilarious/awesome.  BOOK IT, TK!  JEFF fucking COBB!  SPORTS ENTERTAINER OF THE WEEK!  Jeff Cobb is wrestling Cash Wheeler like fucking Vader.  In picture in picture, Jeff Cobb CLUBBERS!  Jeff Cobb hits a standing Moonsault because Jeff Cobb IS Vader.  Jesus, this match will be so awesome tomorrow on the INTERNATIONAL FEED because Cobb is ragdolling Cash Wheeler.    Cash has an impressive babyface comeback culminating in a Tiger Driver.  Great counter to the Tour of the Islands into a roll up by Cash.  Cash counters a Doctor Bomb into another roll up.  This match is good.  Man, Cobb is so fucking good.  What a great power wrestler.  He has GOT to wrestle Hobbs and Wardlow!  ANOTHER MELEE!  I just noticed that Chgris Jericho is wearing the greatest jacket int he history of wrestling.  IT"S PANDEMONIUM!  That was GREAT episode of Rampage.  Nothing will beat Rey Fenix versus Andrade.  AEW RULES THE GODDAM WORLD.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I just marked out for an hour straight. I am kind of tired now. 

Hot damn, Cobb vs Cash was a MANLY battle! SEotW Cobb just overpowering Cash, yeeting him, surfing on him, standing moonsaulting him. Too aewsome. Then Cash just throwing rights to come back. 

You start out with an all-action spectacular, and end with pandemonium. That's how to do it.

Andrade sprinting straight into the (square) ring post them sliding down was insane. And the SUPAHFLY and Roosh in the snazziest of white suits.

I wouldn't mind me one of them there new t-shirts.

"What's up baby? I love to fight!" ?

I want Deeb and Luxury Auto to go full on Hokuto teaming with Kandori. They are about 80% of the way there already. They just need to throw in some slap tags and find a Kong and Nakano to face off against and bring out the full measure of mutual respect. 

Tully! Toa! Other dude! Oh yeah. Wait. What? vs Gresham and Moriarty? For real? Oh hell yeah. Thank you.

Hookamania! Indeed.

That main event was the best G-1 match we aren't getting this year.

Great O-Khan with his trousers on!

Lee yeeting Despy is gonna be so great.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1