DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 6/22/2022

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

289434667_1057362814915165_5124234983001

Nice!

Wow, this is oddly one of my favorite late day bookings. Silas Young is such an underrated and talented dude. Here's hoping his hardnose style finds him a 'ROH' contract. Also, great to have Hangman working more frequently again. The World TItle and it's limited defense schedule is a curse to the workhorses. 

• Like 4

Has to be Claudio, right? I won’t accept anything else.

Massive asshole Christian has lots of potential, either as a wrestler or just a manager. He went all in.

Hangman don’t miss, another little banger with Silas. A bit surreal seeing Okada in street clothes in an American style brawl on TV, feels almost wrong.

I don’t dislike Marina Shafir but the ABSOLUTE silence during her entrances is painful.

Holy fuck how do people not die with that Toni Storm ass attack in the corner? It looks like straight up murder every time.

I think all the multi man matches in this PPV finally broke Excalibur, first time I’ve heard him stumble.

LMAO at the massive brawl at the end and they kept cutting back to Mox/Tana looking like they’re awkwardly about to kiss for ages.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

I have a bad feeling about Bryan Danielson's announcement. I think he's off AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door and Blood & Guts.

FV5q4T4XoAE5Um6?format=png&name=small

Gutted Bryan Danielson isn't cleared to compete. Get well soon, American Dragon. The mystery opponent has to be Claudio Castagnoli. Anyone other than would be a disappointment.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FV5q4T4XoAE5Um6?format=png&name=small

Gutted Bryan Danielson isn't cleared to compete. Get well soon, American Dragon. The mystery opponent has to be Claudio Castagnoli. Anyone other than would be a disappointment.

It almost has to be Claudio, given that Bryan Danielson mentioned Eddie Kingston. And it just continues the theme of all these people that Kingston hates coming into the company. First it was Punk, then it was Danielson, now it's Claudio.

Watch it be like, Jonathan Grisham or something though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Coin drop! THE RAINMAKER has arrived! Amazing moment, HUGE pop, loved all the crowd reaction shots. Felt like this show did a ton and building to the excitement for Forbidden Door, definitely had a WCW/NJPW vibe. We've got Okada plus Shingo and Hiromu on the card after all!  Absolutely loved Sting's team being called "The Dudes with Attitudes" again. 

Trios tag opener was super fun, nonstop action. I wonder who gets left out of Blood and Guts for Bryan's replacement since they have Kingston/Ortiz/Santana/Yuta/Moxley. 

Christian with a pretty epic heel promo. I appreciate the attempt at long term storytelling from Double or Nothing last year and he waited over a year for revenge, even if it didn't quite make sense that Jungle Boy took so much from Christian, considering Christian main evented the next PPV after that anyway. I wish Luke Perry was still around, he'd be great getting involved in this.

Hangman/Silas was good stuff while it lasted, thought Silas looked pretty great and definitely hope to see him kept around.  Toni/Marina short but solid as well, agreed on the Toni Storm corner butt smash being the new most brutal move in the biz.

Great main event and awesome show-closing chaotic brawl. Very much looking forward to Forbidden Door after everything on this show, feels way more stacked suddenly. Only wish Archer could still find himself a spot on the card, considering he's the AEW guy that's going to the G1. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Remember how I always complained that MJF was just a lame Twitter troll come to life?

Christian Cage showed how you do that kind of promo properly. Damn damn damn.

That aside, I very much enjoyed Toni Storm vs Marina Shafir and cannot wait to see what DEAN says about it.

9 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Coin drop! THE RAINMAKER has arrived! Amazing moment, HUGE pop, loved all the crowd reaction shots. Felt like this show did a ton and building to the excitement for Forbidden Door, definitely had a WCW/NJPW vibe. We've got Okada plus Shingo and Hiromu on the card after all!  Absolutely loved Sting's team being called "The Dudes with Attitudes" again. 

Trios tag opener was super fun, nonstop action. I wonder who gets left out of Blood and Guts for Bryan's replacement since they have Kingston/Ortiz/Santana/Yuta/Moxley. 

Christian with a pretty epic heel promo. I appreciate the attempt at long term storytelling from Double or Nothing last year and he waited over a year for revenge, even if it didn't quite make sense that Jungle Boy took so much from Christian, considering Christian main evented the next PPV after that anyway. I wish Luke Perry was still around, he'd be great getting involved in this.

Hangman/Silas was good stuff while it lasted, thought Silas looked pretty great and definitely hope to see him kept around.  Toni/Marina short but solid as well, agreed on the Toni Storm corner butt smash being the new most brutal move in the biz.

Great main event and awesome show-closing chaotic brawl. Very much looking forward to Forbidden Door after everything on this show, feels way more stacked suddenly. Only wish Archer could still find himself a spot on the card, considering he's the AEW guy that's going to the G1. 

Santana. Hasn't been seen since Anarchy in the Arena. You get the "Can Kingston and Cesaro get along enough to beat the JAS?" intrigue going in.

Edited by The Natural

Claudio was my first thought when Bryan started talking up his replacement. I'd mark even harder if Hero shows up though.

I thought Penta/Black was good stuff. Miro's promo at the end was more tremendous shit from him.

Speaking of great promos, Christian showed just what a valuable asset he is to the organization.

While I think Silas is a really underrated guy and a hometown favorite, him coming out here seemed a bit out of left field. Especially since they've got a roster full of people who could have done the job and used the tv time.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure YUTA isn't announced for Blood & Guts, right? That's why he and Sammy are in the Forbidden Door six man match.

And Santana was definitely there last week and this week.

• Like 2