DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/23/22 - Nashville, TN

*Taped for BTI: Black Taurus (w/ Crazzy Steve) def. Andrew Everett (8:14) after the Power Bull.

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 23, 2022 from Nashville, TN

*Show opens with Honor No More coming out for a promo, arguing that they didn't really lose at Slammiversary. America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm) interrupt to argue with them. The Good Brothers & The Briscoes join AMW in brawling with Honor No More. 

*Mia Yim def. Chelsea Green (w/ Deonna Purrazzo) (13:04) with Eat Defeat after Mickie James came out to prevent Deonna from interfering.

*Bhupinder Gujjar & Shark Boy def. Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice (3:51) when Gujjar pinned Zicky after the Gargoyle Spear. After the match, Violent by Design (Deaner & Joe Doering) destroy both teams. Deaner calls out Josh Alexander. They set up Josh vs. Deaner now and Josh defending the worlds championship against Joe Doering in the main event of Against All Odds. 

*Josh Alexander def. Deaner (4:27) via ankle lock submission.

*Sami Callihan def. Jack Price (1:25) after the Piledriver in a squash. After the match, Moose attacked Sami and put him through a table.

*Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, & Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis) def. James Storm & The Briscoes (16:15) when Bennett pinned Mark after the Proton Pack. After the match, Honor No More brawl with The Briscoes & The Good Brothers. They end up smashing Mark Briscoe's ankle in a steel chair.

Edited by DreamBroken

Andrew The Giant takes on Black Taurus!  Andrew Everett looks pretty good in this.  Black Taurus is motherfucking awesome.

Spoiler

GREAT K-DRILLER by Black Taurus.  Just totally nasty.

This show flew by quick but set up everything for Against All Odds real fast too. Mia/Chelsea was good. I'm liking the Deonna/Chelsea pairing a lot so far. Callihan and Moose going to Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun rules, I can only hope that means actually bringing in Raven too. Madison Rayne's fractured nose was a freak accident spot like Rhea Ripley's concussion. I was hoping for more babyface Gisele Shaw, but this is a pretty good spot for her too. Another solid Honor No More six man in the main event, always glad to see James Storm back in the mix for however long it lasts. I liked that they actually explained Chris Harris not wrestling as much as I wish we had another AMW run. 

• Like 2

Vincent channels Dennis Hopper from Apocalypse Now!  That's great!  MATT TAVEN DIDN'T KILL RING OF HONOR!  HE SAVED IMPACT!  So the Good Brothers are faces when battling Honor No More?  Strange.  Chelsea Green!  Put the belt on her!  Mia Yim!  Put the belt on her!  This match is good.  Green is good on offense.  Yim is great on offense.  Cool spot where Yim gets dropkicked to the floor- which I don't think I've ever seen before.  Yim is very Toni Storm-like in her nasty offense.  ALLRIGHT!  Deonna Purrazzo and Micky James go back to beating on each other!  Teenage boys across this great land of ours REJOICE!  MORE BARNYARD BRAWLING!  Yim wins!  That was good.  Awww, the Bhupinder Gujjar and W Morissey tagteam ended before it could really start.  In comes SHARK BOY!  It's Zicky Dice!  He had a strange straight technical wrestling match with Uncle Mikey in CWFMemphis last week.  That was really good.  He is more of a comedy guy in IMPACT!   Gujjar comes in and Dice and Johnny Swinger bumps all over the ring for him.  Gujjar does the second rope Spear to pin Dice!  Joe Doering and Cody Deaner comes out and beat on everybody.  Then they beat up Josh Alexander!  Doering beats on IMPACT! security!  And unfortunately,  Mark Sterling works for AEW and can't organize a lawsuit against Doering.  Heartbreaking.   They ECW it into Alexander versus Deaner.  Cody Deaner was BORN to be pinned.  Actually, I think on BTI a couple of weeks ago,  Deaner actually won by hitting his finisher- of which I have no recollection.  Josh Alexander is fucking awesome.  I can't wait for his match against Konosuke Takeshita next month.  Deaner goes on offense and Deaner is your cousin who inhales gasoline for kicks.  Awesome!  Alexander has residual bleeding!  Deaner gets German Suplexed a bunch.  Deaner makes the GREATEST FACE right before he taps to the ankle lock.  Josh Alexander is awesome.  OH NO!  It's Sami Callihan as a face!  Ewwwww.  Moose comes out and puts him through a table.  Our main event is the Briscoes and James Storm against Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven and Mike Bennett.  This should be good.  James Storm is your odd man out as the other five have wrestled each other a million times. If one goes to cagematch.net, Matt Taven brings up 28 results when you put in "briscoe" in the search through his match listing.  Honor No More bumps like lunatics for Storm and then both Briscoes land on them.  Honor No More has secretly upped the match quality of IMPACT! since they invaded.  Storm assumes the Ricky Morton role.  Taven and Edwards battle it out for Best Guy in Honor No More.  I'm thinking that Taven is edging him out this week.  Edwards is awesome in the corner, CHEATING!  Mark makes the hot tag!  No one is more fun than Mark Briscoe a house a-fire- hitting a Shotay and kicking Edwards in the face and hitting a SWEEt EXPLOIDAH in Mike Bennett. Then NEARFALLS!  Honor No More hits a GREAt triple tagteam for two.  Honor No More does another intricate double team to pin MARK!  Postmatch, Honor No More attacks Team IMPACT!  WILL CHRIS HARRIS BREAK HIS PROMISE?  Oh right, Mark Briscoe has a wee little baby, so that's why they dropped the belt and Mark gets STINGED with the chair around his ankle.  That match was great.  That was good episode of pro wrestling.  

• Like 2