DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/20 - 6/26/2022

Dolfan in NYC

On 6/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

7l0qj0s2pv691.jpg

I haven’t been watching WWE for a bit but stumbled on this. IM BACK. Totally into this. I’m a Zeek Freak.

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Oh yeah!  Asuka is awesome.

I also hear Asuka is back and being awesome. I’m in.

Tonight 

WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER vs. Ricochet.

Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Men's Money in the Bank Qualifying match.

Aliyah vs. Shotzi, Women's Money in the Money in the Bank Qualifying match.

Edited by Blue Dragon

It's Sami Zayne versus Shinsuke Nakamura again!  Zayne is great selling an assbeating.  Zayne breaks from his recent style and hits a Exploider into the guardrail.  Nakamura kicks Zayne in the head to knock him out of El Generico mode.  Actually, Zayne hits a Michinoku Driver- as he IS El Generico again.  Fun CHEATING by Zayne- as we go into a myriad of nearfalls.  El Generico kicks Nakamura in the head and wins the match!  That was weird.  That was good but weird.  It's Jinder Mahal and Shanky against the New Day again.  The New Day comments on WWE Booking Style of driving match ups into the ground.  Shanky has a face turn!  It morphs into the New Day and Shanky getting beat on by WAR MACHINE!  I mean THE VIKING RAIDERS!  After rampaging a few weeks in NXT 2.0!  Sonya DeVille is the secret Wrestling Machine of the WWE Women's division.  Raquel Rodriguez needs to turn heel already.  Her smiling is unnatural and creepy.  This handicapped match appears to be an angle to heat up Shayna Baszler and Xia Li versus Rodriguez and Lacey Evans.  Either way, PUT A BELT ON SONYA.  It's GUNTHER versus Ricochet!  GUNTHER will fucking beat the fuck out of someone.   This is like Matt Sydel taking on Wardlow.  Jesus!  GUNTHER is beating the living fuck out of Ricochet.  MAN!  That SUWA Dropkick is fucking GNARLEY.  That was a squash.  Let's hear it for Ricochet for taking a MAN-SIZED ass beating.  That was fucking harrowing.  I don't expect matches like that in the WWE.  It's Tamina!  She's usually in one of those idiot story lines that I fast forward through.  She was in a forgotten tag team with Natalya not too long ago.  It;s Shotzi (Blackheart!)  and we all wonder if Shotzi will do something insane in this.  Tamina does a very odd Psicosis Bump.  Shotzi does SOMETHING to win.  That was perfunctory. That was more of a Smackdown dark match.  Speaking of drivnig a match up into the ground- it's Sheamus versus Drew McIntyre!  Oh, they are changing it up.  I'm not going to NOT fast forward through the set-up of this.   It's a non-title match!  This match is mysterious!  This match has some Clubberin'!  I love this match!  Sheamus and Drew punch each other in the face and the Usos LAND ON THEM!  I love this shit.  Put THE STRAPS on these two!  Sheamus is our FACE in peril!  He sells an ass beating like a very bloated Ricky Morton.  I love Sheamus CHANNELING a corpse in the corner.  These guys have GOT to stay together, as Drew is Randy Orton and Sheamus is Matt Riddle and they make the hot tag.  All kinds of booking and run-ins happen and Drew CRUSHES the Usos!  Oh man, this is fun.  They have GOT to keep McIntyre and Sheamus together,  They are such beefy Rock n Roll Express.  One fun Main Event and one horrifying ass beating.  I'll take it..  

• Like 3

Sami/Nakamura was good once again though I kind of agree on the odd choice of finish.

Viking Raiders back as monster heels would be neat if we actually had face champions for them to terrorize.

The handicap match was an odd choice but worked well enough.

Shotzi/Tamina was ok I suppose. I assume Aliyah was injured?

GUNTHER/Ricochet was a competitive squash but a pretty damn nice one.

Drew/Sheamus vs. Usos was good stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

It's Sami Zayne versus Shinsuke Nakamura again!  Zayne is great selling an assbeating.  Zayne breaks from his recent style and hits a Exploider into the guardrail.  Nakamura kicks Zayne in the head to knock him out of El Generico mode.  Actually, Zayne hits a Michinoku Driver- as he IS El Generico again.  Fun CHEATING by Zayne- as we go into a myriad of nearfalls.  El Generico kicks Nakamura in the head and wins the match!  That was weird.  That was good but weird.  It's Jinder Mahal and Shanky against the New Day again.  The New Day comments on WWE Booking Style of driving match ups into the ground.  Shanky has a face turn!  It morphs into the New Day and Shanky getting beat on by WAR MACHINE!  I mean THE VIKING RAIDERS!  After rampaging a few weeks in NXT 2.0!  Sonya DeVille is the secret Wrestling Machine of the WWE Women's division.  Raquel Rodriguez needs to turn heel already.  Her smiling is unnatural and creepy.  This handicapped match appears to be an angle to heat up Shayna Baszler and Xia Li versus Rodriguez and Lacey Evans.  Either way, PUT A BELT ON SONYA.  It's GUNTHER versus Ricochet!  GUNTHER will fucking beat the fuck out of someone.   This is like Matt Sydel taking on Wardlow.  Jesus!  GUNTHER is beating the living fuck out of Ricochet.  MAN!  That SUWA Dropkick is fucking GNARLEY.  That was a squash.  Let's hear it for Ricochet for taking a MAN-SIZED ass beating.  That was fucking harrowing.  I don't expect matches like that in the WWE.  It's Tamina!  She's usually in one of those idiot story lines that I fast forward through.  She was in a forgotten tag team with Natalya not too long ago.  It;s Shotzi (Blackheart!)  and we all wonder if Shotzi will do something insane in this.  Tamina does a very odd Psicosis Bump.  Shotzi does SOMETHING to win.  That was perfunctory. That was more of a Smackdown dark match.  Speaking of drivnig a match up into the ground- it's Sheamus versus Drew McIntyre!  Oh, they are changing it up.  I'm not going to NOT fast forward through the set-up of this.   It's a non-title match!  This match is mysterious!  This match has some Clubberin'!  I love this match!  Sheamus and Drew punch each other in the face and the Usos LAND ON THEM!  I love this shit.  Put THE STRAPS on these two!  Sheamus is our FACE in peril!  He sells an ass beating like a very bloated Ricky Morton.  I love Sheamus CHANNELING a corpse in the corner.  These guys have GOT to stay together, as Drew is Randy Orton and Sheamus is Matt Riddle and they make the hot tag.  All kinds of booking and run-ins happen and Drew CRUSHES the Usos!  Oh man, this is fun.  They have GOT to keep McIntyre and Sheamus together,  They are such beefy Rock n Roll Express.  One fun Main Event and one horrifying ass beating.  I'll take it..  

I remain in awe of your ability to watch so much wrestling each week and write thoughts on it that are more than "that was cool".

4 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

I remain in awe of your ability to watch so much wrestling each week and write thoughts on it that are more than "that was cool".

It's called RETIREMENT!  YEAH, DADDY!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

That makes sense because I remember reading you when I was nerd in high school and now I'm a near 40 year old nerd so it's been a few years.

Well, I'm not QUITE that old yet.  My heart exploded so I can't work anymore.  ENTRESTO~!

• Like 2

Good for Shotzi to get a win! I looked it up on Cage match her last TV win was tagging with Tegan Nox!  I think her new finisher is Hallowicked's Never Wake up thus Cole calling it that she just couldn't lift Tamina. 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rhea is dealing with a concussion she gave herself on this spot last week.

Does WWE have a stated time table these days on if someone gets a concussion? Is it say something like a minimum 30 days? Obviously very serious, but not sure I've heard what their current policy is outside of them being a lot more careful the last 5 years or so. 

I keep seeing it called a “brain injury” which is odd to just not call it a concussion. Yes, that’s what a concussion is, but seemingly never  called that, at least in sports coverage. You could prob argue if we did, maybe we’d take them more seriously.

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I keep seeing it called a “brain injury” which is odd to just not call it a concussion. Yes, that’s what a concussion is, but seemingly never  called that, at least in sports coverage. You could prob argue if we did, maybe we’d take them more seriously.

A number of writers across the sports spectrum (Saw a few hockey writers, myself) began referring to it as a "Brain injury" rather a concussion as it would draw more attention to how serious it was and decrease phrasing like "He escaped serious injury, only suffering a concussion"  but it never really caught on.