DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/20 - 6/26/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Gross!  A FATAL FIVE WAY!  It's annoying like a little battle royale!  Liv Morgan hits a Manami Toyota Rolling Cradle!  My wife notes that Alexa Bliss isn't very good.  I tell her that she is perfectly fine but everybody else in the match is just better than she is.  This is kinda fun,  BUT the PSYCHOLOGY is FLAWED!  FLAWED!  Dean IS Jim Cornette!  Carmella is going for THE STRAP~!?  Okay.  GO FIGURE!  Big Time BECKS IS GOING CRAZY!  Matt Riddle has wrapped up his ribs!  Omos is gigantic!  I assume this will be Omos' best match because Riddle is built to carry Omos. Riddle is selling as hard as he can for the two Bear Hugs of Omos.  Omos SHOULD have a more impressive Beel Manuever.  Omos wins with a two handed chokeslam!  That was perfectly fine.  Jeez, The Usos versus the Street Profits AGAIN?  Are there only five guys who wrestle on RAW?  Oh, it's a singles match.  Jay Usos versus Angelo Dawkins.  Dawkins is a fat man who will do some damaging highflying, so this could have some memorable parts.  Instead they just kind of have a little match and it's not very long.  That was also perfectly fine.  Chad Gable versus Bobby Lashley is an odd match up.  This is good.  Lashley does some wrestling and then Chad Gable bumps like a total psycho.  Lashley does a BEAUTIFUL Davey Boy Smith Delayed Vertical Suplex.  Gable looks very Angle-esque procuring the ankle lock.  Gable hits a very nice Moonsault.  Nice batch of counters until they land on Lashley sinking in a Full Nelson for the submission!  Postmatch, Otis attacks Lashley!  Oh, it's a second singles match.  This is a WWE thing- the impromptu gauntlet match.  Otis beats on Lashley for a while and is Speared and Chad Gable runs in and they double team him to make it easier for Austin Theory to win!  LASHLEY WITH THE FLASHPIN!  I love a WWE Impromptu Gauntlet match even though Lashley shouldn't have gone over, if we're being truthful to ourselves.  Which we aren't because we are watching professional wrestling.  That was fun.  AJ Styles takes on Ciampa!  This is good.  Ciampa has an odd role in the WWE.  AJ Styles wins rather quickly.  Miz attacks Styles postmatch!  Styles crushes him with a Styles Clash!  That was perfectly fine.  BECKS ATTACKS ASUKA ON THE RAMP!  Asuka with a Flying Hip Attack!   These two can just pump out a good match without even thinking.  Man, they are fuckin laying it in.  So now that Asuka is back- is she better than Becky Lynch?  I think she's close.  She is fucking great.  Almost as fucking great as Becky Lynch.  This match is fucking great.  Jeez, AUSKA GOES OVER CLEAN AS A SHEET!  That match was fucking great.  BIG TIME BECKS LOSES IT!  One great match and bunch of angles- eh, I'll take it.

• Like 2

Lashley/Gable is one of those matches I never knew I wanted to see until tonight. Despite the size differential they both have similar styles and really meshed well together.

I wish Ciampa/Styles had gone longer but what we got was good.

• Like 1

The 5-way was pretty fun with everyone getting their moments. Was actually kind of nice seeing Corey give a quick explanation of them dropping the dumb mask Carmella was wearing the past year.

Omos/Riddle was a decent squash.

The bits I caught of AA vs. Lashley seemed nice. I liked Theory losing quick via flash pin.

The Owens vs. Elias/Ezekiel bits amused me.

Asuka/Becky was good. Glad they actually started off straight up fighting with how the two have been feuding the past 2 months. Was nice to see Asuka win clean and poor Becky breaking down even further.

• Like 1

I haven't watched Raw in months. Did they actually say they were in Lincoln or is this another city Vince has a fucking phobia about anyone mentioning because it isn't sufficiently major league for him?

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

I haven't watched Raw in months. Did they actually say they were in Lincoln or is this another city Vince has a fucking phobia about anyone mentioning because it isn't sufficiently major league for him?

They said "The University of Nebraska", and as far as I heard, never Lincoln.  So take that for whatever it's worth. 

Yeah, they mentioned University of Nebraska a few times. I got a good laugh from a "WRESTLEMANIA IN NEBRASKA" sign in the crowd.

The show was good for the most part. Why they had to do a 5 way with Asuka and Becky I don't know. I mean Dana Brooke could have gotten in on this match along with Nikki A.S.H or Doudrop or something. Not sure why they went with Carmella. It's been done before. I have nothing against Carmella. I just want to see some variety in my matches.

Omos vs. Riddle was pretty good...well for an Omos match. I really thought Riddle had a chance. I guess that giant ladder they had for The Big Show will be brought out of storage for Omos in the MITB. 

The stuff with Elias and Ezekiel was gold. I didn't expect it to be that funny but it really was. And Kevin Owens continuing to lose his mind over it was amazing. I really hope the third brother "Elrod" does show up next week. 

Bobby Lashley vs. Theory is a feud I didn't think would work, but here we are. I'm surprised they aren't doing a baby oil match of some sort since that's been a key plot point for the last week. Alpha Academy continue to deliver when asked. I really wish they were in the tag title mix.

What is Ciampa's motivation? Is it just to attack people randomly to get on television every week? I feel sorry for him because he has to be at the top of the future endeavored list. I'm pretty sure Vince doesn't get him. OK HE HAS A BEARD...MAKE SURE HE DYE'S IT. Aside from that it was a fun little match with AJ. AJ vs. The Miz could be an entertaining feud. 

Finally the match I wanted to see to begin with...Asuka vs. Becky. Becky going for the attack right away was great. Why don't they do that more often. I hate this person...I'm gonna wait in the ring for them to do their full entrance. Anyway the match was really good. It's a shame Becky had to lose, but it works with her current angle of her going crazy. I think Asuka has to be the odds on favorite to win MITB now. Her or Liv.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

The show was good for the most part. Why they had to do a 5 way with Asuka and Becky I don't know. I mean Dana Brooke could have gotten in on this match along with Nikki A.S.H or Doudrop or something. Not sure why they went with Carmella. It's been done before. I have nothing against Carmella. I just want to see some variety in my matches.

I thought using Asuka and Becky made sense. It was Liv and Alexa who already are in MITB who I thought should have been switched out for others like Doudrop, Nikki, or Zelina. I'm fine with Carmella winning. She was a good a opponent for Bianca last year. I don't think Dana, Nikki or Alexa would be able to provide as solid-good a match. If they hadn't run Bianca vs. Doudrop so many times during Wrestlemania season she would have been my most preferred opponent. 

I wonder if the reason why Judgement Day is going to Main Event is because of whatever happened to Rhea Ripley.  If not then holy shit is that stupid.   Finn must really need the money to think that turning heel in order to go to the C show was fine.   Also it sucks for Damian Priest who it seems they were trying to put on the next level.   Nope off to T-Bar land for you

Edited by hammerva

Sorry I'm late.  My oldest son turned 20 today!  TWENTY!  I am not a spring chicken anymore.  We will truly celebrate with the myriad of brothers and sisters tomorrow but it still delayed my wrestle watching by two hours somehow.  Grayson Waller HAS HIS RIGHTS SUPPRESSED!  Instead of letting him tell everybody what he thinks of him,  Solo Sikoa beats on Waller's WhineHole!  Grayson Waller is great like a zillion other Australians trained by the Eagles.  Sikoa has some good looking punches (it appears) and Waller leans into them.  Decent looking Lariat by Sikoa.  Waller gets some offense in after a while, a lot wasted in the picture in picture.  The crowd gets behind Sikoa's comeback but Waller cuts him off and then Waller SHOWBOATS TO THE CROWD and Sikoa punches him in the face and shoulderblocks him on the outside.  The exposed turnbuckle is enough to bring down Sikoa?  It didn't even hit him in the head.  Kinda stupid but a clean finish, I guess.  That was good.  Yulisa Leon and Valentina Feroz!  I had to freeze the screen because I can never remember their names.  And it's Chance and Carter now?  Which is Leon and which is Feroz?  Chance and Carter are still perky and spunky no matter what they are called this week.  They have lots of neato double teams- a regular sweeter and more beautiful version of the Midnight Express!  This match is fun!  Great finisher by CHANCE AND CARTER!  Postmatch, they dance like they are at a wedding reception!  It's Joaquin Wilde and Cruz del Toro!  It's Roderick Strong and that guy!  Ah, he is Damon Kent.  He has some cool suplexes.  Nice backbreaker into a Lariat by Strong and Kent.  Cruz del Toro is all nifty.  Oh no, Jonny Two Dimes costs Wilde and del Toro the match!  He might get fired!  Hey, I recognized Edris Enofe!  This should be good.  It's Cameron Grimes.  He hits a really good toprope cross body.  Enofe gets all fired up and challenges Grimes to kick him thus leading to him getting in a bunch of offense including a pretty spectacular Tope Con Hilo.  Grimes cuts him off with a move I've seen a thousand times but I don't know the name of.  It looked great, but I don't know what it's called.  He then hits a feet first meteora for the win.  Wrong guy won.  Enofe is gonna be a star at some point.  Von Wagner has the brow of a Neanderthal which is a good trait for a hoss fight with Brooks Jensen.  Wagner works the arm.  THEN he concentrates on the hand that commentariat reminds us that he had in a cast but didn't need- to cost Wagner a match last week or something.  I sort of remember that.  I THINK Jensen has a good offense but it's so edited on impact, you can't really tell.  WWE editing is so fucking annoying.  Wagner wins with a Tommy Dreamer Spicolli Driver.  That was good.  Alba Fyre and Lash Legend have hash to settle.  Lash looks pretty good in this.  Alba Fyre carries her by laying it in, giving Legend something to work against.  Your finish is bullcrap, I say!  BullCRAP!  Tony D'Angelo and Carmello Anthony is our main event   For THE STRAP~!  Nice backbreaker by D'Angelo during picture in picture, as NXT is all about good backbreakers tonight.  They tell a story about D'Angelo disrespecting the North American champion.  CARMELLO CHEATS TO WIN!  SANTOS ESCOBAR SCREWS THE DON!  That was good.  Nothing great tonight, but it was good.

• Like 2

Solo/Waller was solid.

Leon/Ferroz vs. Katana/Kayden was nice though it felt weird with Leon not working the power style  she had built herself on previously.

Legado vs. Strong/Kemp was good fun. Kind of like Strong enraging Kemp as a tactic.

Jensen/Wagner was fine. Knowing Jensen's father is Bull Buchanan leaves me confused with Jensen's look and style. Too used to kids pulling bits from their parents.

Alba/Lash was surprisingly fun and one o lash's better performances.

Tony/Hayes was good. I liked the finish with Santos screwing over Tony.

Crowds seem hot for Riddle.  Kinda wondering if they should pull the trigger on him.  I'm fairly interested in the prospect of 2023 with Riddle & Cody as top babyfaces.  No idea what they'll do till then, though, or if they can get there with some momentum left for Cody and Matt.

Kinda interested in the lms at SummerSlam, but not interested in the feud leading up to it or the fallout.  WWE's been booking both guys into increasingly tight corners, so this might be the point they can't get themselves out.  Neither guy really needs the belt and neither guy is going to work anything resembling a full schedule again, so not sure what they can really do afterwards that would draw.  Going to be fascinating to how this plays out.  Don't imagine Brock wants to job to Roman again, but I can't see Roman losing a lms decisively.