DVDVR Message Board

POLL PREP!- 6/19-6/26/2022~! DIG IT!

DEAN

Starting early since a CONTENDER came in on Sunday on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood.

It is:

Marina Shafir/Reka Tehaka/Savanna Stone vs Delilah Doom/MYLO/Johnnie Robbie

• Like 3

As much as I would like to vote for MYLO since she is from Virginia and Delilah Doom's German Suplexes, I think I have to go with Black vs. PENTA.  I am a mark for PENTA dropping people on their heads from altitude and Black's Ernesto Hoost-esque kickboxing transitions to offense.

Mads and Jacob Fatu was indeed an excellent garbage match consisting of big men beating the living dogshit out of each other and one guy was nearly kayfabe set on fire.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

As much as I would like to vote for MYLO since she is from Virginia and Delilah Doom's German Suplexes, I think I have to go with Black vs. PENTA.  I am a mark for PENTA dropping people on their heads from altitude and Black's Ernesto Hoost-esque kickboxing transitions to offense.

Mads and Jacob Fatu was indeed an excellent garbage match consisting of big men beating the living dogshit out of each other and one guy was nearly kayfabe set on fire.

I'm assuming that Andrade vs Rey Fenix crushes everything like a bug, but they have to broadcast it first.

• Like 1

I am trying to go in cold so that I will mark extensively.  I have high expectations for Fenix vs. Andrade.

Shafir vs. Storm was chock full of hardway potatoes and deadlift suplexes.   I was happy with the outcome but it could have been a little more polished.   If Marina and Toni aren't in concussion protocol right now, they oughta be.  They both suffered for my amusement.

And I got my ladies mixed up.  It was Savanna Stone who had the great Germans in that CWFH match.  How Delilah Doom was able to make the tag after getting smershed I have no idea.  She should've been dead. 

I am not sure why, but there is something that bothers me about a woman working babyface, having colorful ring attire, and having a ring name like Delilah Doom.  That is a name for a heel, right?  Savanna Stone looked more like a Delilah Doom that Delilah Doom did.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordlow said:

I'm casting my anticipatory vote for Cobb vs Cash, to be honest. It's outshining the Fenix match in my imagination. ?

Cobb vs Cash is more interesting on paper and you know there's got to be a fire under Cash to perform after the run Dax has been on, but Meltzer framed Andrade vs Fenix as a make good to the wrestlers for not being able to be on the PPV for political reasons, and if they were granted a MATCH instead of let's say a bonus, you figure they'd make the most of that.

• Like 4