Jump to content

Vince McMahon is a horny old man


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Well, at the time I read that Dupree was Pattersons' favorite (I guess Sylvain Grenier was, as well), but I have no real idea if they were his favorites like Johnny Ace was Mrs.Baba's favorite or just on a more platonic level?

Don't mean to dig deeper into this hole but I think Patterson just liked any wrestler who was of French descent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, porksweats said:

Don't mean to dig deeper into this hole but I think Patterson just liked any wrestler who was of French descent.

Totally plausible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok Piper is notoriously full of shit. Is there any thing else to those storys than an obviously bitter Lanny Poffo shoots (which never a name attached to the guy allegedly got his push this way)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, zendragon said:

ok Piper is notoriously full of shit. Is there any thing else to those storys than an obviously bitter Lanny Poffo shoots (which never a name attached to the guy allegedly got his push this way)?

May I refer you to the current BTS Titangate pods? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

the way this thread is devolving I wouldn't be surprised if Coach TK was back

It's really not devolving. I brought up a valid point. People are saying the worst is over. No, not it's not. Patterson did a ton of crooked shit and you are crazy if you think Vince didn't know about it. Male talent probably never came out in droves for fear of being blackballed. 

 

I don't doubt Piper being crazy but more than just Roddy and Lanny Poffo had similar stories regarding Pat Patterson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 5:09 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

They let a sexual predator who prayed on female performers remain in his position of controlling the performers yesterday. That's crazy. That's the sort of thing you act immediately on. Right?

Yeah, this right here.  Vince "stepped down" (in quotes because if he's not still pulling corporate strings, I'm the pope) from his corporate position when it came out that he used that job to commit sexual assault (and fuck off if you want to call it anything else -- forcing a woman to fuck you by holding a job over her head is just as bad as doing it with a knife or a gun).  Now it that it's come out he also used his creative role to do so as well, he needs to be removed from creative immediately. 

Meltzer recounting on the weekend show how a writer told him Vince would suddenly tell them to come up with something for random Diva Search contestant #12 was just skeevy as fuck.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah,  the fact that someone who has paid 8 figures to cover up his sexual misconduct is still in charge of anything is pretty fucking disgusting. They basically said,  "he's not the CEO any more,"  with a sly wink towards everyone on earth,  "so it's all fine."

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Yeah,  the fact that someone who has paid 8 figures to cover up his sexual misconduct is still in charge of anything is pretty fucking disgusting. They basically said,  "he's not the CEO any more,"  with a sly wink towards everyone on earth,  "so it's all fine."

Right!?  "He's not the CEO anymore but remember how he exchanged a push for blowjobs, and later demoted the woman who decided to stop sucking his shriveled old dick?  Yeah, he can still do that."

Edited by Technico Support
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a bit of irony, the link on F4W about the interview with WSJ reporters is below a CYN story.

Here are the key pieces:

Quote

Mann added even though the company said the McMahon relationship was consensual, they started hearing about other issues that were not. He said that power dynamics where doing something you don't want to do, but feel you have to because you want to keep your job can be dangerous for other subordinates and that public companies have taken stances against not allowing those actions to be swept under the rug.

"When you see that in this case, it was a total secret from the Board, or at least some members of the Board for a long time, we find it interesting and that makes us wants to make go digging and find out more," he said.

Palazzolo said, "If you're seeing your chief executives not only permitting this kind of conduct, but engaging and leading the way with it, that's a problem all the way down."

When asked what information surprised them in their investigation, Mann said the $7.5 million payout to a former wrestler "was fairly eye-popping."

"That's a figure in the murky world of NDAs that clearly suggests a big secret being kept. That was one of the red flags that signaled to us that we needed to get to the bottom of what it was and what that was for," he said.

When asked why their second report hasn't broken bigger in terms of mainstream media outlets, they weren't sure. They said they heard a lot of "look at the character he plays" and "this shouldn't be a surprise" following their stories.

They said with relation to WWE's various business partners, this story "can't be something they aren't paying attention to. Anyone doing business with the company is paying attention."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm only on the first sentence,  but I already have a huge issue that people constantly overlook in situations like this... there is no such thing as a settlement for a consensual relationship. If you feel the need to pay someone once your sexual relationship is over(not counting divorce, because a marriage license is essentially a business contract) it wasn't consensual. That person might hate your guys after the fact,  but if you have to pay them not to say anything it is not consensual on some level. You did something that you know was wrong and decided that you'd be better off if no one found out... that shit ain't normal. 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I'm only on the first sentence,  but I already have a huge issue that people constantly overlook in situations like this... there is no such thing as a settlement for a consensual relationship. If you feel the need to pay someone once your sexual relationship is over(not counting divorce, because a marriage license is essentially a business contract) it wasn't consensual. That person might hate your guys after the fact,  but if you have to pay them not to say anything it is not consensual on some level. You did something that you know was wrong and decided that you'd be better off if no one found out... that shit ain't normal. 

How about semi-consensual? No?

A little off topic: Dolfan kinda inspired this since I saw the posting of Vince's promo in Memphis in the AEW thread.

If Vince wasn't like ancient, do you think he would have cut this type of shoot promo on WWE TV nowadays? However, WSJ as the target and not Phil Mushnick. This totally caught me off when I saw it four or five months ago. Keep in mind, he is this passionate a year plus after the trial. You would think the shit was still going on. Who is he trying to win over? Who thought this should be on TV? That's a rhetorical question btw.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not Vince's age that prevents him from cutting an on-air promo on the WSJ, it's modern sensibilities and the fact that Mushnick's gripe with wrestling and the WWF in particular is just apples-to-oranges with what's currently going on. If he did it, the stock would (hopefully) be tanking and board members would openly be calling for his head.

Was wrestling television, especially attitude-ERA WWF, kinda trashy? Yeah. But the solution to that is not to watch it, and if you're a parent, keep your kid(s) from watching it. This is the highly-visible chief executive of a publicly-traded company abusing his position and power to coerce sexual favors from women in his employ, and compel their silence afterward.

It's also a PG era and the company openly markets to children. Vince going up and acting the heel and saying "those sluts all wanted a taste of the grapefruits" or whatever the fuck would go over like a lead balloon. And we saw with Sasha/Naomi what happens when he tries to make himself and WWE the babyfaces.

Edited by Cristobal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

WSJ hasn't compared Vince to Hannibal Lecter (yet) 

Keyword: Yet.

Just now, Cristobal said:

It's not Vince's age that prevents him from cutting an on-air promo on the WSJ, it's modern sensibilities and the fact that Mushnick's gripe with wrestling and the WWF in particular is just apples-to-oranges with what's currently going on. If he did it, the stock would (hopefully) be tanking and board members would openly be calling for his head.

I totally think that was the original idea (but more concise) for his Smackdown appearance. Then, someone put the kibosh on that.

Vince saw fit to have Cornette target Mushnick on Raw two years later, but Vince didn't interject himself at all other than applaud Cornette. I believe Vince wants or wanted to do shit like this all the time, but someone tells him to stand down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's interesting to see just crazy they got about Mushnick and the Hannibal Lecter thing at the time, as documented in the BTS titangate stuff. You can tell it def stuck in Viinces craw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never seen him legit that pissed off to the point where he is ardently defending himself. On a scripted TV show.

You also can see him kinda visibly wounded when he announces Savage left the WWF on that one Raw in late 1994.

Shaken Vince worries me a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm only on the first sentence,  but I already have a huge issue that people constantly overlook in situations like this... there is no such thing as a settlement for a consensual relationship.

While that is usually true people do pay to keep their "clean" image intact or even rarely because they don't want a spouse to find out about it. I don't know that Vince would fall into either of those categories though, his image is far from clean and I am rather sure Linda knew what the score was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If Shaken Vince is worrying, I hope you haven't seen pictures of him while Linda conceded that second senate run. 😆

$12 million is pocket change compared to the $100 million he lost on her runs for senate. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Keyword: Yet.

I totally think that was the original idea (but more concise) for his Smackdown appearance. Then, someone put the kibosh on that.

Vince saw fit to have Cornette target Mushnick on Raw two years later, but Vince didn't interject himself at all other than applaud Cornette. I believe Vince wants or wanted to do shit like this all the time, but someone tells him to stand down.

That promo made me want to vomit. He's ranting about Mushnick exploiting Pillman's death when those sleazy fucks put his widow on their show the day after he died as a ratings stunt.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2022 at 1:39 AM, sabremike said:

That promo made me want to vomit. He's ranting about Mushnick exploiting Pillman's death when those sleazy fucks put his widow on their show the day after he died as a ratings stunt.

And don't forget that he outright asked her if drugs played a part and was also like, "well, what are you going to do to support your family now that your husband is dead" as she's about to have a fucking breakdown on the air.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 11:32 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

That would be a recipe for a shitstorm cause now it's clear there are more problems in WWE than Vince. Add in the fact that pro wrestling has largely been dependent on people being left up to their own devices. If you thought suits getting involved with WCW at the end was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. The LAST thing people want is folks looking at the toxic culture within WWE that isn't Vince.

I assume that the "people" in the above pullquote is execs in WWE, because I for one would love to see anybody, however they are dressed, who has some authority looking at that toxic culture and holding it up for more outrage and condemnation and punishment from a unknowing(?) general public.

I thought Pat Patterson was not involved in the ringboy scandal, but was humiliatingly asked to step away because of his sexuality, thereby involving him in the minds of the public in it anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I assume that the "people" in the above pullquote is execs in WWE, because I for one would love to see anybody, however they are dressed, who has some authority looking at that toxic culture and holding it up for more outrage and condemnation and punishment from a unknowing(?) general public.

I thought Pat Patterson was not involved in the ringboy scandal, but was humiliatingly asked to step away because of his sexuality, thereby involving him in the minds of the public in it anyway.

I hope Pat Patterson was not involved, but there is not one single person in the professional wrestling industry who deserves the benefit of the doubt on something like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From listening to the Titangate pods, it seems like Pat’s most vocal accuser (Murray Hodgson) being exposed as a con man and making up his story went a long way to allowing Pat to return, as opposed to all the stuff with Terry Garvin and Mel Phillips.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...