DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

I don't watch any cable news unless there's something breaking and I want to watch live, and for those they usually use local TV affiliates. The nightly network news and PBS Newshour are all decent to very good. 

But our best newspapers are THE BEST newspapers. The legacy outlets are still incredible. Regional dailies have suffered, but they also still churn out some really important reporting. The Miami Herald broke the Jeffrey Epstein stories, for example. 

• Like 2

It's delicious to me that Vince's hunger for money and mainstream acceptance may be the thing that ultimately exiles him from his life's work. He was probably used to doing this shit for decades before the company went public, had these huge TV deals, etc. Now, he can't get away with it anymore with all the extra scrutiny they're under, scrutiny that is a direct result of this insane level of growth that he himself initiated. Chef's kiss.

FWIW, I hard agree with those who say the sponsors and partners will be the ones to decide his fate.

Tell me again how the Saudis feel about adultery?

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It's delicious to me that Vince's hunger for money and mainstream acceptance may be the thing that ultimately exiles him from his life's work. He was probably used to doing this shit for decades before the company went public, had these huge TV deals, etc. Now, he can't get away with it anymore with all the extra scrutiny they're under, scrutiny that is a direct result of this insane level of growth that he himself initiated. Chef's kiss.

FWIW, I hard agree with those who say the sponsors and partners will be the ones to decide his fate.

Fine with it if a man does it, but if it's a woman, stone her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The royal family can do whatever they want. I honestly don't think the Prince will care much about this because he probably has NDA's of his own.

So does anyone think Vince will pull a Wolf of Wallstreet tonight and be all I'M NOT FUCKING LEAVING?

• Like 2

Mickie James taking this opportunity to dunk on them rings really hollow.  Wasn't she indignant about the trash bag thing, to the point of angry-tweeting Nick Khan, only to take a payday from them not too long after?  Longtime carnies gonna talk out both sides of their mouth, though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Mickie James taking this opportunity to dunk on them rings really hollow.  Wasn't she indignant about the trash bag thing, to the point of angry-tweeting Nick Khan, only to take a payday from them not too long after?  Longtime carnies gonna talk out both sides of their mouth, though.

I think it's cool to let Mickie be appalled at Vince McMahon being a sexual predator in spite of any paydays she might have received from the company, really. 

She's got to work to eat in this society. On the other hand, Vince McMahon has no excuse for using his paycheck power to coerce women into sex. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They can have multiple wives. And just like in every hierarchy everywhere, the Saudi family that runs the country does not have to adhere to the rules that are set for the general population. 

The Saudis do not care one bit about this. It's sportswashing. They want this in people's minds: "Hey, they can't be so bad, they hosted a show with The Undertaker against Roman Reigns, I shouldn't get upset about them murdering a Washington Post journalist." It's the same thing they are doing with the LIV Golf Tour, with an exciting upcoming event in a few weeks at the Trump golf club in New Jersey! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I think it's cool to let Mickie be appalled at Vince McMahon being a sexual predator in spite of any paydays she might have received from the company, really. 

She's got to work to eat in this society. On the other hand, Vince McMahon has no excuse for using his paycheck power to coerce women into sex. 

Sure, but my point is she'd probably take another payday from them as soon as this heat died down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Sure, but my point is she'd probably take another payday from them as soon as this heat died down.

Without getting too political here, I'll say that I wouldn't judge her for that or critique her as a hypocrite, and the reason is because she's got to work somewhere, right?

Let's put it this way: Workers work at corporations who are headed by CEOs, etc., and those CEOs vote for political parties that have vastly different political beliefs than many of the everyday workers they employ. Those workers are not hypocrites for taking jobs from these companies while also speaking out against the policies or beliefs these companies support. It's systemic. What are they going to do otherwise, starve? 

I will never hate on a worker for taking a payday from a toxic company because TBH, they probably wouldn't if they had a wealth of other options. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

The royal family can do whatever they want. I honestly don't think the Prince will care much about this because he probably has NDA's of his own.

You think Saudi princes are making people sign NDAs? They killed and dismembered a Washington Post journalist and everyone on earth who could do something about it decided it wasn't that big of a deal. A bonesaw is much more effective than an NDA.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Not really. I think she's entitled to make a joke like that. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Without getting too political here, I'll say that I wouldn't judge her for that or critique her as a hypocrite, and the reason is because she's got to work somewhere, right?

Let's put it this way: Workers work at corporations who are headed by CEOs, etc., and those CEOs vote for political parties that have vastly different political beliefs than many of the everyday workers they employ. Those workers are not hypocrites for taking jobs from these companies while also speaking out against the policies or beliefs these companies support. It's systemic. What are they going to do otherwise, starve? 

I will never hate on a worker for taking a payday from a toxic company because TBH, they probably wouldn't if they had a wealth of other options. 

Oh yeah, for sure.  I don't mean to generally call everyone a hypocrite for working for a company with different political beliefs.  I was calling out one specific person's specific circumstances.  Cool?  Cool.  Sorry for sidetracking the topic at hand.

3 minutes ago, supremebve said:

You think Saudi princes are making people sign NDAs? They killed and dismembered a Washington Post journalist and everyone on earth who could do something about it decided it wasn't that big of a deal. A bonesaw is much more effective than an NDA.

LOL yeah, I meant to respond to that as well.  They don't need NDAs.  That's what the various sharp objects are for.

Edited by Technico Support

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I have 100% no issue with taking a scumbag's money from them and using it to better my life, or the lives of other people.

And if I trash said scumbag publicly and they still want to give me money after I do so, even better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

55 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh yeah, for sure.  I don't mean to generally call everyone a hypocrite for working for a company with different political beliefs.  I was calling out one specific person's specific circumstances.  Cool?  Cool.  Sorry for sidetracking the topic at hand.

I suppose that's where we disagree because I don't believe that Mickie's circumstances are any different than any other worker's. But we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that, yeah. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

There will be plenty of destinies for him to seize in wrestling.  Even if he already did it about 10 times already on the subject.  

So I guess Vince will be on Smackdown tonight

If you run a play that gains 10 yards, run it again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Loki said:

From Chris Harrington's old site: : Christian, Charlie Haas, Jackie Gayda, Mark Jindrak, Rhyno, Spike Dudley, Molly Holly, Luther Reigns, Maven, D-Von Dudley, Bubba Ray Dudley, Muhammad Hassan, Kenzo Suzuki, Dawn Marie, Christy Hemme, Matt Morgan, Lance Storm, Jackie Gayda, Joey Matthews, Chris Jericho, Akio, Eddie Guerrero (died)

Poor Jackie Gayda got released twice.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Fine with it if a man does it, but if it's a woman, stone her.

Hey, they’re allowed to drive themselves to the stoning site now. Progress!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I said before in this thread I thought it would take more women coming out, or a wrestler coming out to sink him. I think this does it. If the wrestler or any other woman publicly comes forward at this point that’s the absolute end of him. But I think that’s enough. He really shouldn’t appear on tv again. For his own sake, and ours.