DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

3 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This reminds me of a conversation I had about Daniel Snyder. If the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal,  etc. starts writing a series of in depth stories about your behavior, they aren't lying. You can't say these types of things in print without mountains of proof. The lawsuit that Vince or Snyder would file if these things were fabrications would put them out of business. This shit is ironclad. 

This is absolutely 100 percent true. Now extrapolate that whenever one of the most reputable outlets in the world writes something about a politician or government official and they decry it as "fake news" or whatever. Or also keep in mind that it's really fucking easy to file a lawsuit that goes nowhere just to try and back up your claim of "fake news." 

It isn't just the major national papers that are this good. Any major daily newspaper in the country has these insanely high standards. 

Please support local journalism. 

• Like 16

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

70% of Crowd: Thank you Sir, we’re not worthy!  

This just shows how few people pay attention to the news much if at all. It's worsened over the last say 6ish years as the average trust in media institutions has fallen and for good reason. 

Just now, Chaos said:

This just shows how few people pay attention to the news much if at all. It's worsened over the last say 6ish years as the average trust in media institutions has fallen and for good reason. 

What's the good reason? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The asshole gonna step down or what? 

lol no.    

He will leave that company on his back, stretchered out with a cloth over his face.  Never before. 

Should he?   Oh yes.  He should've quietly retired after the first WSJ piece came out.  And arguably, years before. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Ace got that NDA in 2012 and got a PPV match vs Cena. At this rate, Vince is probably gonna book himself on SummerSlam.

Or just go full on crazy and be Flair's last opponent that weekend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

What's the good reason? 

The broad polarization on your heavy corporate media channels. Too much are driven along ideology or party lines or for clicks or whatever. Or even will cover something "in the moment" that maybe contradicts how they covered something months or a year or two prior.

That's why you're seeing a rise in stuff like substack and patreon at the moment. (Although, that stuff will probably take a huge hit with the recession).

I originally wanted to go into journalism before circumstances took me in a different path. I also gather news from a variety of sources and almost never from tv.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, John from Cincinnati said:

Mr. McMahon said in an interview with Playboy magazine published in 2001 that he had been unfaithful to Mrs. McMahon with multiple women in prior years but had put a stop to the affairs after realizing “the havoc you create in others’ lives, just from wanting to have a good time.”

This line from 21 years ago stood out more than anything.  I personally don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but if there is one I sure hope when his time comes he's feeling the fiery flames.  I was loving the joking mood from last month but this time I just feel horrible for all involved and frankly pissed off that this fucker has been doing this for so long.  It's a sign of how capitalism works at times and it really stinks.

I know this is a thing Natural does but you know what fuck it.  Fuck Vince McMahon.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The broad polarization on your heavy corporate media channels. Too much are driven along ideology or party lines or for clicks or whatever. Or even will cover something "in the moment" that maybe contradicts how they covered something months or a year or two prior.

That's why you're seeing a rise in stuff like substack and patreon at the moment. (Although, that stuff will probably take a huge hit with the recession).

I originally wanted to go into journalism before circumstances took me in a different path. I also gather news from a variety of sources and almost never from tv.

Whoever realized that most people don't understand the difference between reported news and opinion is one of the more influential Americans of all time. 

• Like 6

I give a monthly donation to Pro Publica, but I should probably do more. It's hard to find sources of journalism that aren't overwhelmed by institutional biases. I usually stick to Pro Publica and the PBS Newshour crew.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

Whoever realized that most people don't understand the difference between reported news and opinion is one of the more influential Americans of all time. 

I know the difference, but I know too many people who get their news from opinion. Also objecting opinion into news is very human and even happens in mostly objective reports. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I know the difference, but I know too many people who get their news from opinion. Also objecting opinion into news is very human and even happens in mostly objective reports. 

This wasn't a shot at you,  but more of a comment on your previous point. I don't think anything has changed how this country works over my lifetime than 24 hour news networks,  and how 75% of the "news" people consume isn't news at all.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

lol no.    

He will leave that company on his back, stretchered out with a cloth over his face.  Never before. 

Should he?   Oh yes.  He should've quietly retired after the first WSJ piece came out.  And arguably, years before. 

Hopefully Sponsors threaten WWE... That's probably the only way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This wasn't a shot at you,  but more of a comment on your previous point. I don't think anything has changed how this country works over my lifetime than 24 hour news networks,  and how 75% of the "news" people consume isn't news at all.

I was actually having this discussion earlier this morning with someone about how biases even predate the current climate. Look at some stuff from the yellow journalism era or the racial south. There's a story I vaguely recall in an American Lit class that shows excerpts from a Times Picayune story that's beyond alarming. There's other more recent examples too that exist out there. 

Edited by Chaos

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i meant for real.  Not a puppeteer. 

I know what you meant. Good luck getting that to happen and why would Vince let it happen? The only way Vince doesn't touch or breathe on WWE to influence it is if he's behind bars and none of this looks like that.

Yet.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

The previously unreported settlements include a $7.5 million pact with a former wrestler who alleged that Mr. McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and, ultimately, declined to renew her contract in 2005 after she resisted further sexual encounters, according to people familiar with the matter.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

*Exaggerated head bobbing nervous swallowing intensifies*

... duuuuude ...