DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Kane rubbed shoulders with Hitler and Vince has a close working relationship with the country that did 9/11, so that works. 

Bloody hell, Hitler?! He's a lot older and a bit more of a fascism apologist than I realised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, (BP) said:

“How ya doing everybody? It’s Bryan Alvarez here with Wrestling Observer Radio. Obviously the top story is Vince McMahon beating Tony Khan to death with a bowling pin. Lots to get in to here. Dave, your thoughts.”

”Well, it’s funny, obviously we don’t know everything yet…ugh…I suspect we’ll know more after the next earnings call, but, ya know, everyone I’m talking to is saying the same thing, which is ya know, it’s not great. I do know for certain Vince saying he drank Tony’s milkshake was straight from Vince and not any of the writers.”

Ooh, you're so close to getting this right. I think it would go more like...

Dave: Yeah...It's not good, but, um, well, oh, do you know what today is? (Alvarez flatly replies "No.") Today is the 14th anniversary of Jillian Stewarts being inducted to roller derby hall of fame.

Bryan: Ok...Well what about this whole Vince murder thing?!

Dave: Wait, before we get to that, we need to talk about the death of Herman Foster. He was 84 years old. Yeah...and...you know...he was mainly enhancement talent for years back in (enter obscure promotion here)...

30 minutes later...

Bryan: Yes. Terrible. Well can we get to talking about Vince killing Tony Khan?!

Dave: Well, you know, ummm, it's not great and the word in the back is that people are concerned, but, umm, you know, we're just going to have to wait and see, but it's not good. Yeah...it's really not good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roman said:

How can you delete someone else's post?

How many things has Vince has put on TV over the years get this same reaction?  

Edited by supremebve
I swear I know how to type in English
  • Haha 1

To be fair, Vince never meant to hire him in the first place.  When discussing restarting the XFL, his trusted advisors told him, "Vince, to get this shitshow off the ground, we'll need all of our luck."  He just misheard them.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

To be fair, Vince never meant to hire hm in the first place.  When discussing restarting the XFL, his trusted advisors told him, "Vince, to get this shitshow off the ground, we'll need all of our luck."  He just misheard them.

boo-boo-this-man.gif

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I think it's pretty clear Vince is going to skate here. The worst of it (as far as publicity) is over. That CNN piece and all the other mainstream stuff just wanted to make puns about how fake wrestling is, instead of hammer one of the top corporate executives in America for being a sex pest. He's temporarily "stepped down" as CEO & Chairman. But you just know he was in his office all weekend working on the same shit he always did as CEO.

I know Gregg has done a great job explaining the hows and whys of the stock market and why this is a big deal to shareholders. But it's all kind of moot. No sponsors seem to care. No business partners seem to care. There's literally been no blow back on that front. The mainstream dropped the ball on holding a sex pest to account, just so they could get their fake wrestling jokes in. It'd literally be like news outlets downplaying Harvey Weinstein allegations to get jokes in about the movies he produces not being real.

Just wait. There are usually a few waves to these kinds of stories. Arguably the best reporters from the most important business news outlet in the country is on the story. He is not someone who writes a “one-and-done” story. If there are more NDAs to come, he’ll write about them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I guess we'll wait and see what the investigation finds. For now, it seems a little too early to say one way or the other.

Arguably, from a legal standpoint, if this is the worst that comes out, it's not quite as bad as the steroid trials because Vince could've faced actual jail time for that. Even the tanning salon could've been worse for him, but no charges were filed against him there either. Thus far, no female victims are coming forward with actual allegations against him or Laurinaitis.

I feel like if anyone gets jettisoned out the airlock for this, it will be Laurinaitis. Speaking of:

Dutch Mantell pretty openly talking about Laurinaitis sleeping with the Divas while he worked there. Wouldn't name names. Mantell saying he didn't do things like that for the following reasons:

"Did I do it do it? No. First of all, I was too frigging old. Second of all, you got to actually work at it a little bit. I didn't feel like working."

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

John Laurinaitis is now on administrative leave, and Bruce Prichard has been named interim head of talent relations, pending the conclusion of the investigation, per PWInsider.

In case you needed any confirmation that Stephanie is there in name only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man…Bruce may be the only person not named Dixie Carter who would be worse than Johnny Ace at being head of talent relations.

BTW, is Borash still at WWE?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Just wait. There are usually a few waves to these kinds of stories. Arguably the best reporters from the most important business news outlet in the country is on the story. He is not someone who writes a “one-and-done” story. If there are more NDAs to come, he’ll write about them.

I guess we'll see. But the story has completely blown over in the public discourse.

Wrestlenomics put out a series of tweets detailing a bunch of other nasty Vince scandals and one stuck out to me. When Vince was on The Donahue Show and former ref Rita Charlton was on confronting Vince about his alleged rape of her, Donahue took questions from the audience. The first woman asked ' but isn't all that wrestling fake anyways'? As if caring if a rape happened or not was immaterial to making sure everyone knew that she knew wrestling is fake. That's how all the media outlets are treating this.

That's where I'm at with it. People are enamored by the "but it's fake" talking point. It's more important to the average non fan to show that they know this is all fake than it is to stay on task and talk about whatever the serious issue is. Vince has already been on TV twice and been cheered. The ratings for Smackdown were up. No business partner or sponsor is going to care that an old man hooked up with an employee and paid her a bunch of his own money. ESPECIALLY when there is no fan or public backlash or outrage. And when it even IMPROVED business.

Dude's going to get away with it just like everything else he's survived the last 40 years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I feel like if anyone gets jettisoned out the airlock for this, it will be Laurinaitis. 

You know someone from WWE (or specifically Vince) is going to pull a Shep Proudfoot on the witness stand.

"Never heard of him...don't vouch for him!"

• Haha 1