DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Well the publicity stunt worked as SmackDown did its best numbers since last September.

2.3 million? Lucky they are not in the weird twilight zone that is Wednesday nights on cable. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, A_K said:

2.3 million? Lucky they are not in the weird twilight zone that is Wednesday nights on cable. 

Those are just the overnight numbers, not the finals. Also, they're still the show's best numbers since September. Not of all time anything, but Sept. 2021.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Forward curvature of the spine. Often comes with old age.

19 hours ago, just drew said:

I imagine carrying that much extra musculature into his sixties probably didn’t have the best effect on his body. Not to mention the moon dust he’s been snorting for 50 years…

The next Ding Dong.

---

I wasn't sure whether to post that.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

Yes, and the last scene of Citizen McMahon shows workers dumping old containers of supplements into a furnace as we see the Ico Pro logo slowly melting on one of the containers...

I see Vince more as a Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood, instead of yelling about milkshakes he’d yell about protein shakes, and instead of beating someone to death with a bowling pin he’d beat them with a dumbbell. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

On 6/18/2022 at 5:32 PM, zendragon said:

Lord I was torn between making a Big Lebowski joke and Citizen Kane joke. what would be his rosebud?

No Holds Barred

In those lonely hours, 2am, nobody is around, Vince just screams at the walls about how the Hollywood elite denied him a well deserved Oscar.  

The writing team of McMahon, Bollea, and Cocaine were robbed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Mister TV said:

I see Vince more as a Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood, instead of yelling about milkshakes he’d yell about protein shakes, and instead of beating someone to death with a bowling pin he’d beat them with a dumbbell. 

spot on. Daniel Plainview is a great fictional comparison. 

• Like 1

“How ya doing everybody? It’s Bryan Alvarez here with Wrestling Observer Live. Obviously the top story is Vince McMahon beating Tony Khan to death with a bowling pin. Lots to get in to here. Dave, your thoughts.”

”Well, it’s funny, obviously we don’t know everything yet…ugh…I suspect we’ll know more after the next earnings call, but, ya know, everyone I’m talking to is saying the same thing, which is ya know, it’s not great. I do know for certain Vince saying he drank Tony’s milkshake was straight from Vince and not any of the writers.”

• Haha 12

28 minutes ago, (BP) said:

“How ya doing everybody? It’s Bryan Alvarez here with Wrestling Observer Live. Obviously the top story is Vince McMahon beating Tony Khan to death with a bowling pin. Lots to get in to here. Dave, your thoughts.”

”Well, it’s funny, obviously we don’t know everything yet…ugh…I suspect we’ll know more after the next earnings call, but, ya know, everyone I’m talking to is saying the same thing, which is ya know, it’s not great. I do know for certain Vince saying he drank Tony’s milkshake was straight from Vince and not any of the writers.”

Plus 10 minutes of Dave discussing whether it was a standard tenpin pin or a duckpin type.  And then 15 more on the history of bowling on TV.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I think it's pretty clear Vince is going to skate here. The worst of it (as far as publicity) is over. That CNN piece and all the other mainstream stuff just wanted to make puns about how fake wrestling is, instead of hammer one of the top corporate executives in America for being a sex pest. He's temporarily "stepped down" as CEO & Chairman. But you just know he was in his office all weekend working on the same shit he always did as CEO.

I know Gregg has done a great job explaining the hows and whys of the stock market and why this is a big deal to shareholders. But it's all kind of moot. No sponsors seem to care. No business partners seem to care. There's literally been no blow back on that front. The mainstream dropped the ball on holding a sex pest to account, just so they could get their fake wrestling jokes in. It'd literally be like news outlets downplaying Harvey Weinstein allegations to get jokes in about the movies he produces not being real.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

Its infuriating that Dave gave that 4 stars but Gedo saying “friendo” and murdering Kota Ibushi with a captive bolt pistol gets five stars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3