DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

The Vince segment tonight felt like he had something completely batshit planned and people (wisely for the WWE,  not wisely for those of us who want a car wreck) convinced him to not say or do anything that could get him in trouble but still make an appearance.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Did he say anything? I skipped what I thought was an entrance and saw nothing more.

1. Said hi to blonde at corner of ramp on way to ring (not a great start)

2. Foley cheap pop mentioning city. (A little better)

3. Then, Now, Forever, Together(emphasizing "Together"... nothing stupid yet)

4. Threw mic(someone did not catch it, big thud) and left ring, shaking same blondes hand on way out. (Dammit, Vince) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Vince McMahon getting a hero's welcome and fans cheering for him saying absolutely nothing is proof that WWE fans are nothing but sheep and part of the problem.

Not sure how McMahon is allowed to go out on TV live tonight in the midst of everything going on.

Still not sure how Stephanie is allowed to be interim CEO as well in this case, and Vince apparently gets to stay in charge of WWE creative, or so the news stories are saying. Theater of the absurd, but that's WWE for you.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Did he say anything? I skipped what I thought was an entrance and saw nothing more.

He said absolutely nothing of note or importance. Just WWE corporate tagline nonsense.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

i watched via YouTube on a non-WWE channel. it was like a 1 minute announcement. He said absolutely nothing of value. complete waste of time.

31 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i watched via YouTube on a non-WWE channel. it was like a 1 minute announcement. He said absolutely nothing of value. complete waste of time.

Except now we’re all in this together. *matt925 buckles up*

It wasn't exactly a hero's welcome. The crowd shots showed a lot of folks who weren't popping for the old leaf crushing maniac, and I heard a lot of boos amongst the cheers. I'm also pretty sure a lot of those folks have no idea about what's been happening and were just popping for " No Chance" as a living version of Waylon Flowers' Madam puppet croaked some shit into a mic.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

So what happened on CNN? I’lll look for it later obviously but I’m curious. And I won’t get to see Smackdown either. 

It was just a little 4-5 minute piece about what's going on, mentioned the steroid trial, Linda being in the Trump administration, etc. Meltzer was on there talking about how the McMahons treat it like it's still a "boys will be boys" environment and that obviously doesn't fly in 2022.

The best part was the last 10 seconds where the one CNN guy mentioned Vince would be on Smackdown later tonight, and Jake Tapper kind of smirked and rolled his eyes and said "Of course he is".

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Vince McMahon getting a hero's welcome and fans cheering for him saying absolutely nothing is proof that WWE fans are nothing but sheep and part of the problem.

Not sure how McMahon is allowed to go out on TV live tonight in the midst of everything going on.

Still not sure how Stephanie is allowed to be interim CEO as well in this case, and Vince apparently gets to stay in charge of WWE creative, or so the news stories are saying. Theater of the absurd, but that's WWE for you.

He said absolutely nothing of note or importance. Just WWE corporate tagline nonsense.

10 hours ago, twiztor said:

As opposed to all those other times the things that have come out of his mouth have had such value...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Forward curvature of the spine. Often comes with old age.

I imagine carrying that much extra musculature into his sixties probably didn’t have the best effect on his body. Not to mention the moon dust he’s been snorting for 50 years…

• Like 3