DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

32 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Just like Kendall rapping while being driven to the company on the day he'd (theoretically) be named CEO!

I'm going to be honest with you guys, Steph looks like she'd be a blast to hang out with and HHH is a lucky dude. They remind me so much of my brother and sister-in-law.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

I'm completely flabbergasted that they're letting Vince anywhere near a live TV tonight. It does not matter if he's in character or not. The entire company is opening themselves up to an absolute insane amount of liability. 

Genuinely thought it was a windup or me imagining it after my two pints to another mate's seven.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Those two video clips also reminded me how much I liked all of the behind the scenes videos with Steph and HHH. The one from Wrestlemania where Steph is leading some interviewer around and HHH is just being dragged around was good stuff.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I'm completely flabbergasted that they're letting Vince anywhere near a live TV tonight. It does not matter if he's in character or not. The entire company is opening themselves up to an absolute insane amount of liability. 

Since he's addressing the audience in character, I'm guessing he's not going to address the scandal directly.  I'm hoping he just says he's stepping back and attributes it to age, health, passing the torch, etc.

Of course, it's Vince, so who knows what he will say when they hand him a live mic?  I feel like this is his idea, not his lawyer's.  I don't see a whole lot to gain here.  The average fan probably isn't nearly as interested in the boardroom antics as some of us.  Some of the audience probably isn't aware of the scandal.  

I have no idea what to expect tonight.  He'll probably say something approved by legal and sanitized accordingly, but it's Vince so who knows.  VKM dreaming up something bonkers insane would not surprise me either.  

Hobo army?  Sure, why not.  

Evil plot dreamed up by Billionaire Ted and his brother from another mother Tony Khan?  Works for me.  

Vince asserting his innocence and blaming the whole thing on his evil twin brother, Vance McMahon?  Sir, I like the cut of your jib.  .

Interesting times, as they say.

33 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

2. Isn't Stephanie McMahon serving as interim CEO a conflict of interest?

How so.  Has Stephanie been accused of something that I am unaware of?

For that matter, Vince hasn't been charged with anything that would require him being removed from his position.  The board of directors obviously didn't have to remove while the investigation was ongoing (else they would have done it in April).  It's basically a PR move to reassure investors that the company takes the allegations seriously and is prepared to move forward with or without Vince.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Since he's addressing the audience in character, I'm guessing he's not going to address the scandal directly?  I'm hoping he just says he's stepping back and attributes it to age, health, passing the torch, etc.

Of course, it's Vince, so who knows what he will say when they hand him a live mic?  I feel like this is his idea, not his lawyer's.  I don't see a whole lot to gain here.  The average fan probably isn't nearly as interested in the boardroom antics as some of us.  Some of the audience probably isn't aware of the scandal.  

I have no idea what to expect tonight.  Whatever

How so.  Has Stephanie been accused of something that I am unaware of?

For that matter, Vince hasn't been charged with anything that would require him being removed from his position.  The board of directors obviously didn't have to remove while the investigation was ongoing (else they would have done it in April).  It's basically a PR move to reassure investors that the company takes the allegations seriously and is prepared to move forward with or without Vince.

No but her FATHER is. 

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

A lot of young wrestling fans are learning about R Budd Dwyer from twitter memes today.

Here goes Filter's "Hey Man Nice Shot" Spotify spins...

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Romance hack: Find someone you think is adorable and let them hound the shit out of you while you pretend you don’t like it. 

Lol, this came up at work recently because a department manager is pursuing someone "playing hard to get"  -his words, not mine - with... erm..... mixed results.

General feeling of the office is that she's more likely to think you're a stalker.  Or worse, you'll pursue her, get into a relationship, and the "hard to get" thing will be a harbinger of the mind games you'll be dealing with for the next 30 years.

1 minute ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Lol, this came up at work recently because a department manager is pursuing someone "playing hard to get"  -his words, not mine - with... erm..... mixed results.

General feeling of the office is that she's more likely to think you're a stalker.  Or worse, you'll pursue her, get into a relationship, and the "hard to get" thing will be a harbinger of the mind games you'll be dealing with for the next 30 years.

She's not playing hard to get, she's playing impossible to get. 

This should not be a thing that you think once you get out of your teens, and we need to do a better job of teaching teenagers that this isn't a thing (or a healthy one, if someone is actually 'playing hard to get' because they think it's a proper way to pursue a relationship).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Lol, this came up at work recently because a department manager is pursuing someone ...

Hi everyone.  Dolfan the HR Guy here.   

Don't do this at work!  

?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

This is like trump testifying about himself. Nothing he can do can make the situation better, his words can only hurt him. Honestly at this point it looks like the whole thing may blow over. He really should just quietly disappear and give it a chance too. I think it would take more women coming forward, or a wrestler coming forward to make this worse. I believe the women are faceless office workers, that makes it easy for fans to just brush aside any information they don’t like. If a wrestler comes forwards and says they were pressured into a sexual relationship to help their career, then he would be done. But as of right now it doesn’t look like investors or the folks at nbc universal and fox are overly concerned. Teflon Vince. 

52 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I just heard and haven’t read anything except the NBC News piece that I got it from. Is this really only a thing because the shareholders are mad about the amount of money it was? 

The article and the quote from Vince’s lawyer reads as if Vince wrote the check himself. It would be a whole other thing if it came from the WWE. 

But giving a paralegal a raise because she was in a relationship with Vince? That is something to be worried about. And there are also other NDAs being investigated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matt925 said:

This is like trump testifying about himself. Nothing he can do can make the situation better, his words can only hurt him. Honestly at this point it looks like the whole thing may blow over. He really should just quietly disappear and give it a chance too. I think it would take more women coming forward, or a wrestler coming forward to make this worse. I believe the women are faceless office workers, that makes it easy for fans to just brush aside any information they don’t like. If a wrestler comes forwards and says they were pressured into a sexual relationship to help their career, then he would be done. But as of right now it doesn’t look like investors or the folks at nbc universal and fox are overly concerned. Teflon Vince. 

Vince stepped down as CEO on at least an interim basis. That is a huge deal. 

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't do this at work!  

?

Sure, it's a terrible idea that opens both him and the company up to liability, but what you haven't considered is that he really, really wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't do this at work!  

?

@Dolfan in NYC Oops. I didn't make that clear.  It's not a work matter.  Just idle gossip.  The woman in question does not work in our firm or even our field.  No professional contact whatsoever.  It's just office gossip because we think the guy is an idiot and his hilariously bad, possibly inappropriate attempts to win her over amuse a few people.

He's probably being annoying more than creepy (I hope) so I think the worst case scenario will be she slaps him and tells him off, but he's kinda arrogant when it comes to his social life and his looks, so a small part of me is hoping it ends with a temporary restraining order with his name on it. Wouldn't ruin my day.  Not my problem and he didn't ask my opinion.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infinit said:

The fucked up thing is that Vince is going to get a hero's ovation tonight. 

Yes, he’s preaching to the converted. It may be just to make himself feel better before things get worse.