DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

Just now, hammerva said:

So if the theory that Stephanie was the one leaking the information to the Wall Street Journal, does that make her the true Higher Power

I mean, Vince has clearly always wanted to be screwed by Stephanie

• Haha 12

9 minutes ago, (BP) said:

So they smeared Stephanie to protect the stock price with the intent of bringing her back and having her replace Vince? Sure, sounds stupid enough. 

No, it doesn’t. It’s a multi-billion dollar publicly held company not some Carny circus as Meltzer’s typically “unnamed source” (e.g. - he has no source & is monetizing gossip). The market didn’t care about this - the price was basically unmoved (it’s actually up 5% PM today on Vince stepping aside). But as I wrote the fact that it has held up so well this year (esp. against peers) while slowly unwinding the major McMahon family shareholder/influences likely means there is something going on in the background (e.g corporate acquisition) that is keeping the price so elevated. Will be interesting to see if that is what happens & this is him effectively stepping away permanently.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Steps back from Chair and CEO roles but still in creative?  No buys.

Who else you going to throw into the role?  Bruce Prichard, who - I think - just came back from medical issues.  Meltzer claims there's a lot of nervousness in the company that Prichard will have to take over for Vince and not be up to the job.

Paul Levesque has a serious heart condition and just got demoted for fantasy booking the super indy Vince gave him into the ground.  He might be my pick but I'm iffy on him and, with the heart problem, it's probably not the right time to give him that much responsibility.  Might never be.

Heyman?  Michaels?

One of the reason some business journalists are suggesting Vince might survive this is that there's a lot of nervousness about who is going to succeed Vince and how well they'll do in the role.   There are a lot of question marks to fill in when Vince steps down for good.  Investors and company execs both hate that.

I like Stephanie, but there's enough misogyny in wrestling that I don't thinks fans will accept her.  Even a lot of the social justice types on here think nothing of dragging Stephanie for very little reason.  Even if she can competently fill Vince's shoes, she'll end up taking a lot of abuse on social media.  I'm kind of hoping she and Trips just cash out and do something else with their lives.  

11 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

They wouldn't even need a desktop for the booking, I'm sure the laptop GM could come outta retirement?

Y'know what? Maybe not?

"eDGe, yOU'vE gOT tHe crAZy eYeS"

Vince stepping aside and Steph taking over the role of CEO and chairman is the exact same shit as Logan Roy naming Shiv as temporary CEO.

Fuck man. Every new bit of information plays the Succession music louder and louder in my head.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, A_K said:

No, it doesn’t. It’s a multi-billion dollar publicly held company not some Carny circus as Meltzer’s typically “unnamed source” (e.g. - he has no source & is monetizing gossip).

Can we please stop with the "Carny Meltzer" talking point?  We get it, you're an edgy iconoclast who eschews conventional wisdom and has no  use for the things we all accept as a given.

I think I hear Johnny Cash's greatest hits playing from afar.

• Thanks 10

13 minutes ago, A_K said:

No, it doesn’t. It’s a multi-billion dollar publicly held company not some Carny circus as Meltzer’s typically “unnamed source” (e.g. - he has no source & is monetizing gossip). The market didn’t care about this - the price was basically unmoved (it’s actually up 5% PM today on Vince stepping aside). But as I wrote the fact that it has held up so well this year (esp. against peers) while slowly unwinding the major McMahon family shareholder/influences likely means there is something going on in the background (e.g corporate acquisition) that is keeping the price so elevated. Will be interesting to see if that is what happens & this is him effectively stepping away permanently.

Multi billion dollar companies are carny circuses. It’s just in a lot of people’s best interests to pretend that any of this isn’t arbitrary bullshit. It’s stupid. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Destroying the fed with Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell?

AfraidScaryApe-max-1mb.gif

Do she and Brunzell come in wearing masks so no one recognizes them?  

Also, I think Johnny Ace, Bruce Pritchard, and probably Kevin Dunn should be worried about their jobs.  Roughly in that order. 

• Like 1

I think the WWE missed a great opportunity by not announcing a special tournament to crown the Interim WWE CEO.  I guess the winner of that tournament would have a PPV unification match with Vince when he is cleared of all wrongdoing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

And while this scandal certainly isn't on the level of Succession's cruise rapes and throwing dead bodies overboard at sea, it does make me want to know when we get to the moment Vince becomes "piss mad*"

*Disclaimer: UTI's in elderly people are seriously, seriously awful. After moving my mom to a nursing home we thought she had lost her mind. For THREE MONTHS she was delusional and hallucinations and instead of checking her for UTI, she was twice admitted to a psychiatric hospital/mental institution. UTIs are no fucking joke. If you ever see a sudden change in an elderly parent or relative's behavior, make sure they're checked for a UTI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I maybe missed something in this information dump. I know why Ace and Dunn would get fired, but why is Bruce about to be on the chopping block? Was he involved in the potential insider trading too or just based off general incompetence?

46 minutes ago, (BP) said:

So they smeared Stephanie to protect the stock price with the intent of bringing her back and having her replace Vince? Sure, sounds stupid enough. 

Smeared Stephanie to protect stock price?  I'm not convinced but it's possible.  (At work,) I've seen more ludicrous attempts to reassure investors.  If this was the plan, the rest of the plan was to keep the probe out of the media and keep Vince in charge.

Bringing Stephanie back is probably an improvisation to reassure investors.  Vince still runs large parts of the business like it's a mom and pop store.  There's no real plan of succession and only half-hearted attempts to groom someone to take over as leader of the company and creative director.  Probably a lot of people getting nervous about the prospect of a Vince-less future right now.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I maybe missed something in this information dump. I know why Ace and Dunn would get fired, but why is Bruce about to be on the chopping block? Was he involved in the potential insider trading too or just based off general incompetence?

If Frank and Karl are always potentially on the chopping block for their general incompetence or for just being in Logan's view at the wrong time, then so is Bruce.

• Like 1

This some GoT-level shit, and Nick Kahn seems to be amazing at it. Guess Steph had enough time with the family. 

Is Vince on Smackdown going to be him reminding the people how he heroically fought terrorism when he  had a Smackdown show after 9/11? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You know the family and the board of directors are all going "fuck fuck FUCK fuck fuck we can't let him on live air tonight, right? How do we stop this?"

Oh man, I want to be a fly on the wall so very badly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Is Ryan Satin going to be interviewing Vince on Smackdown on his knees?

Part of me wishing that Vince showed up on RAW just to hear how Corey Graves of all people  is going to dance around the issues.

Edited by hammerva