DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

9 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Vince having sex now is a lot like when he wrestled: he’s not very skilled, but with the right supplements, smoke & mirrors, and a skilled professional partner calling the spots, he can pull it off a few times a year. 

Someone on Twitter said it’s prob the same as how he took that Stunner.

• Haha 2

Me and my buddy were workshopping these via text;

”Get her up to my room, no need to rush her

Gonna tell her to bend over and show her my ‘Ace Crusher’”

“I’m superhuman, breaking bones with my powers

Need a job? Girl I got one waiting at Titan Towers”

“I’m a ladies man, all the ladies send nudes

Gonna give her a raise if she wrestles my ‘Dynamic Dudes’”

”Now we gotta go back, we’re late to sensitivity class, boys

”You’re paying hush money to Acclaimed and the ASS BOYS!!!”

Sorry. I blacked out for a second.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

All jokes aside, this bears out something I’ve been thinking about for a while now. This is a company run by a guy who hasn’t changed his approach or views on the business since he started in the 70s.  Meanwhile, wrestling, business, entertainment, and the entire world is so different.  You can’t keep doing things like you did in the 80s when times were different and the company was privately held.  It was only a matter of time before something like this caught up with Vince.

Honestly I been waiting for something like this since they went public. Surprised it took so long.

As for ghost-writing for Max Caster:

"Recently the 'E's had some shocking developments

From Cody's purple shoulder to Vince's purple ALL RIGHT FOLKS THAT'S ALL THE TIME WE HAVE GOOD NIGHT...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Vince has literally been listed as a risk factor in the WWE’s documentation to the SEC. What it means though is that if Vince goes there is a good chance the WWE goes along with him — see the time the stock crashed after the limo blew up.

But man… I cannot imagine a hedge fund saying “let’s shill out a few hundred million on WWE shares” without seriously considering Vince McMahon’s corporate risk behavior. 

Professional class investors do not care one bit about the state of the product. But they do care about stuff like this a lot.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

All jokes aside, this bears out something I’ve been thinking about for a while now. This is a company run by a guy who hasn’t changed his approach or views on the business since he started in the 70s.  Meanwhile, wrestling, business, entertainment, and the entire world is so different.  You can’t keep doing things like you did in the 80s when times were different and the company was privately held.  It was only a matter of time before something like this caught up with Vince.

Yes, yes, but Vince wanted the respect and access of being a publicly-traded entertainment company without any of the media or shareholder scrutiny that follows as a consequence. Is that really so much to ask?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They managed to survive Benoit while a publicly traded company. 

But this really is a different planet. I am very much guessing that Mattel and NBC and any other reputable sponsor and business partner has out clauses for a lot of this. Nobody wants to deal with executives who act in this way, except for the Saudis and their blood money so they can attempt to win hearts and minds via LIV Golf-style sports washing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

So… first Stephanie.

Now Vince.

Yep, Shane’s definitely the one behind this.  Dude must really have been counting on that Wrestlemainia paycheck.

Joked with my cousins earlier that this was the long game The Rock and Nick Khan had started. Rock got the xfl for pennies on the dollar i imagine (?), and now Nick has cleared the deck for Rock to swoop in and buy out the 'E "Vince buying wcw" style

/s 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Besides being public now, I don't think what you're saying is any different than what people were saying in 1991-1994 when you had the Zahorian trial, the enhancement talent lawsuits from guys getting hurt working with contracted talent, the Jesse Ventura lawsuit, the ring boy scandal, the steroid trial, etc. And all that was happening when WWF could least afford it business wise. Now, Vince could be removed tomorrow and it would not have as great an impact to the WWE as it would have 25-30 years had it happened. The only thing in my mind that would or should have changed is Vince's mindset of operating on plausible deniability and also the notion of we'll let our enemies take their pound of flesh and it will all be soothed cause we have McDevitt in our back pocket. Neither works anymore especially the former in a public traded company. As for the latter, I don't expect Jerry McDevitt to be pulling miracles out of his ass at the point. In the 90s (and 2000s), the blowback was brutal but Vince was willing to deal with that as long as he skated. Now? If there is any substantial ramifications from this, he is gone with the quickness. It's no longer enough to be found not guilty in a court of law.

• Like 3

I imagine as we all workshop our scenarios here, Vince is in his office re-writing Smackdown for the 17th time this week. Prichard knocks and asks if he's able to knock off a few hours early due to all the damage control they'll be doing tomorrow. Vince gives his fake announcer chuckle and says something along the lines of 'god damn pal damage control? The US government couldn't take me down why would you think a run in on a beautiful woman will? It's business as usual. Get back in your office and get me 13 Veer promos to approve. He's a male model now make sure you write in some good one liners about the funny faces models make.'

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

What would he want with a wrestling company? 

It’s 2027. WWE is a UWFI style promotion where wrestlers take on regular people who are compelled to fight by Emperor Desantis’s justice department as sentencing for imposing on Musk’s free speech by criticizing him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Oh God, Vince is joining the "Intellectual Dark Web," isn't he?

Welcome to the podcast, everyone. I’m Papa John and to my right is Roger Ailes, then the CrossFit guy, and then to his right is Les Moonves and in Les’s lap is that one guy from Intel and I assume there’s a Weinstein somewhere. Vince pull up a chair and start us off. Our topic is, scientifically speaking why bitches be that way?

• Haha 11
  • Sad 1

What really stimies me here is to go to all this trouble to get rid of Vince after all this time. You could give have given him something to create a heart attack any time in the last 30 years and not one single person would have batted an eye that Vince McMahon suddenly had a heart attack. We would all be like “of course he did.it’s miraculous it didn’t happen 20 years ago.”

even Columbo would be like “you know there was something bothering me about this…but then I saw the toxicology report and I was like oh…shit this guy had a heart attack.”

how bad are they all at business?

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1