DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

As I mentioned on another board:

This probably got to be part of why Stephanie took her leave of absence, right? I mean it makes sense.

Is this what finally does Vince and possibly Johnny Ace in? If so, who takes over? Nick Khan? If it’s him, I bet he’ll broker a deal with NBC Universal or someone to sell the company.

Also, side note…I find all this (the stuff with Vince and Johnny Ace that is) to be super creepy and to a point, a bit disturbing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, onelegbrynn said:

As I mentioned on another board:

This probably got to be part of why Stephanie took her leave of absence, right? I mean it makes sense.

Is this what finally does Vince and possibly Johnny Ace in? If so, who takes over? Nick Khan? If it’s him, I bet he’ll broker a deal with NBC Universal or someone to sell the company.

Also, side note…I find all this (the stuff with Vince and Johnny Ace that is) to be super creepy and to a point, a bit disturbing.

I’ve run into several “journalists” online of varying levels of credibility who swear they’ve been told that Triple H sent the emails and Stephanie knew beforehand and timed her leave accordingly.

Take that fwiw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Nick not learning about the whole sordid past until right now would be amazing.  

YOU HELPED JIMMY SNUKA COVER UP WHAT???

Like Nick Khan would be shocked from shit like this. He used to work for one of Hollywood's biggest talent agencies. He probably helped cover shit up on a daily basis.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

I’ve run into several “journalists” online of varying levels of credibility who swear they’ve been told that Triple H sent the emails and Stephanie knew beforehand and timed her leave accordingly.

Take that fwiw.

Triple H and Stephane McMahon are both on the board of directors still.

My whistleblower dark horse; Conrad Thompson. He’s gotta still be mad about Vince cancelling Undertaker’s Starrcast appearance. CT don’t play around. Ric Flair couldn’t pay his mortgage, so Connie took possession of his daughter. I refuse to believe any other explanation of that unholy union. Vince fucked with CT’s money, so Con fired up the laptop and started sending emails sponsored by bluechew…

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

The reporters who broke this are interesting. The first is an investigative reporter who won a Pulitzer in 2019 for breaking the Donald Trump hush money payments. The other writes more corporate stories but got his start in Connecticut. 

• Like 6

My hunch as to how it got to the Wall Street Journal is that the woman in question has a really strong woman attorney who the first reporter knows. 

The article also says someone wrote everyone on the board about this. Even though Vince has all of the voting power, the board of directors still has be law some independence and investigative mandates. 

Also, I am not sure of how the board governance works. But the board might be able to fire Vince. 

This is an interesting story to follow. In virtually every instance of something like this happening the CEO / Chairman would be ousted. But the way WWE is structured, there's not much they can do if Vince fights it. The question is, how stubborn is he? Is he willing to tank the company to stay in power? Lose out on sponsors and business partners and shareholders? Go back to lean and mean years where they're taking water coolers out of the office? Or is 76 years old a good enough time to call it a day, retire, and find a hobby?

Vince has zero interests outside of WWE. He doesn't watch movies or tv or sports or go golfing or any of that shit. If he bows out and has to sit on his ass he'll go nuts. So buckle up, this crazy old man will probably try to fight it.