DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon is a horny old man

Zimbra

1 hour ago, Brisco said:

The first email, sent to board members on March 30, alleged that Mr. McMahon, 76 years old, initially hired the woman at a salary of $100,000 but [b]increased it to $200,000 after beginning a sexual relationship with her.[/b]

Hahaha, straight out of 'Seinfeld': "I'm giving you a raise!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Whatever the final fallout of all this is, I really, really hope it doesn’t make tv execs think how messy and sleazy wrasslin is, and let’s just not deal with any of it. 

Random TV Exec “What is a sleaze thread and who started it?”

Edited by odessasteps
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

What is a sleaze thread and who started it?

“I didn’t start it, but I was there and had a hand in the festivities...gather round, kids. Get ready to learn about Tommy Rich’s balls, peroxide, Latina floppies and bacon strips!”

Edited by The Great ML
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Whatever the final fallout of all this is, I really, really hope it doesn’t make tv execs think how messy and sleazy wrasslin is, and let’s just not deal with any of it. 

1 minute ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

When was the sleaze thread?  I think I posted here around 2005 and I don’t remember it.  I do vaguely remember finding it with the Wayback Machine.  Was the board a seizure-inducing green and yellow back then?

I was still in college. So before 2003. 

As someone who writes about business for his job and did a deep dive on the WWE’s stock for a MBA he never finished up:

On the face of it, something like this would immediately lead to the termination of the CEO and any executive who knew about this without hesitation at any publicly traded company.

But the WWE is a publicly traded company but highly rigged. Vince and his family and trusts have shares that give them 10 times the voting power of normal shareholders. I forget how much of a stake they have but it is well over 50 percent the last I looked. Essentially, whatever Vince wants with the company he can get in many ways. 

But there is only so much he can do. He has the power to dump anyone on the Board of Directors. But man that would be a terrible look. Nobody in their right mind wants to be involved with anything close to MeToo. I guarantee NBC Universal or what have you is doing everything it can right now to separate its ties.

• Like 10

• RIPPA pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Dog said:

Nick Khan about to finish that Mortal Kombat graphic.

came here to make a similar post, but yours is already better. 

it's always only been a matter of time before something like this happened. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

As someone who writes about business for his job and did a deep dive on the WWE’s stock for a MBA he never finished up:

On the face of it, something like this would immediately lead to the termination of the CEO and any executive who knew about this without hesitation at any publicly traded company.

But the WWE is a publicly traded company but highly rigged. Vince and his family and trusts have shares that give them 10 times the voting power of normal shareholders. I forget how much of a stake they have but it is well over 50 percent the last I looked. Essentially, whatever Vince wants with the company he can get in many ways. 

But there is only so much he can do. He has the power to dump anyone on the Board of Directors. But man that would be a terrible look. Nobody in their right mind wants to be involved with anything close to MeToo. I guarantee NBC Universal or what have you is doing everything it can right now to separate its ties.

I believe Vince owns Class B stock that has mega-multiplied voting power, and if he sells any of his stock it loses that power. He owns maybe a third of all shares but 75%+ of voting?

Issues with his TV deals and other revenue streams probably are the biggest concern for him right now, business-wise. Hard for Nick Khan to unlock revenue streams when he represents a leadership full of sex pests.

• Like 5

I'm supposed to believe it's a coincidence that is this happening a week or so after the biggest carny of all, jay ee double eff, gets a leadership role in the company?

The end game of Global Force is in motion

• Like 5
  • Haha 7