DVDVR Message Board

6/15/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

16 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I don't think they were in there.

FVVhqgMXsAEGKdZ?format=jpg&name=small

from what I've seen identified: J Fowler, Mike Outlaw, SK Bishop, Luke Langley, Campbell Myers, Rahim Suede, Camaro Jackson, Kenny Alfonso, ATM, Dan the Dad, Merc, Anaya, Niles Plonk, Marcus Muncherson, Jay Marston, & Bill Bain.

SK Bishop, Camaro Jackson, Dan the Dad, & Anaya all worked Elevation this past week. 

Davey Vega (who worked Rampage last week) worked Dark Elevation tonight and then also played the Barber appearing briefly in the Ortiz/Jericho match.

Moses the Deliverer was also id'd, to the left of Sterling. He and Muncherson were just in Winnipeg last week and had a really fun three way with Kevin O'Doyle

• Like 1

If a Hair v Hair match goes to a time limit draw? Hmmm

That post-match segment was pretty good. Kept heat on the Kngston/BCC v JAS angle and announced another match for FD.

I'd like to see Regal get a fulltime commentary gig either one of the Youtube shows or maybe whatever happens with ROH

Dax is such a consummate pro-wrestler could be a great single even if some of the "I'm a classic pro wrestler stuff" can be a bit too cute by half. But he makes me care about him as a character with the promos, that's something that guys like Trent, KOR, Bobby Fish ect are missing even if their work is technically sound.

Boo Adam Cole doing anything, YAY King Switch on my TV anytime 

Figured the Bucks where going over with how strong JX started the match

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Technically it was a bodysuit and not pants so you're covered. ?

Sadly, years and years of Seinfeld viewing have conditioned my brain to think about this instead when it comes to bodysuits... sorry, Jamie. 

1251759-B-7-B23-44-F0-A0-ED-3-E20-C7-B82

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I've seen a bunch of people saying that Ospreay carried Dax. These people are fools.

Know who the first person who would tell them they are fools is?

Will Ospreay.

Where Ospreay deserves kudos is that he gave Dax a lot of the match and the result was that he came out looking stronger even in defeat. To me that's the definition of a perfect match in that really both guys won.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Salads said:

Amazing that Shuta, a guy best known among even devoted fans for his non-speaking (/non-moving?) role in backstage segments from a 2019 Japan-only tournament gets a hearty pop when mentioned.

This says a lot about how powerful social media is amongst wrestling fans now, and probably everybody else too. Those silly promos with Moxley made a young boy who didn't do anything in them at all except stand and listen and in one, act wore out and beat up, then fall over. 

There was a part in the match commentary where Regal's voice changed and it sounded like he was gonna rip somebody to pieces. Scary! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

Storm-Baker was great, stiff, and credit to Britt for finally going all out in a match that she's not booked to win AND taking a clean pin. I love Thunder Rosa but I'm fine with Storm taking the title...but maybe not a Forbidden Door? Side note: does Rebel do anything?

She's the make-up lady

Who Knew Jericho likes to watch?!

I think ring announcer called the first handful of eliminations in the Wardlow match at the wrong time (getting knocked off the apron) and then had to do it again. Speaking of which Sterling v Wardlow could be a good sort of place holder feud for Wardlow until he goes for a belt if Sterling keeps finding monsters and challenges to throw at him.

Cool to see Miro's now a face! 

• Like 2

Was wondering last night watching him in the background, anyone expecting any escalation on the Kip stuff at some point with Miro back? I didn't have much to say about Kip one way or another pre-disappearance, but now that it's all boxed up and I can't have it I want it.

Danielson was right. FICKLE.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Salads said:

Someone described Ospreay as vanilla last week and I was wondering how anyone could look vanilla next to Aussie Open. This week they make their run in wearing plain white t-shirts. I don't know why that stood out so much to me. Lots of logos to choose from guys.

See I think they look great standing next to Ospreay (I didn't know who they where until last week) all three remind me of the rich asshole kids who go to USC soley because of daddies money

• Like 1

I’m really happy for FTR in general and Dax specifically.  By all appearances, they both love the art of wrestling and aren’t just “money and miles” types.  It’s funny WWE wanted them back right away.  I can’t imagine them ever going back to get booked 50/50 vs The Street Profits or whoever, even if it is for a bigger check, when the alternative is getting to have actual matches with real, talented workers from all over.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I’m really happy for FTR in general and Dax specifically.  By all appearances, they both love the art of wrestling and aren’t just “money and miles” types.  It’s funny WWE wanted them back right away.  I can’t imagine them ever going back to get booked 50/50 vs The Street Profits or whoever, even if it is for a bigger check, when the alternative is getting to have actual matches with real, talented workers from all over.

I know it wasn't your intention per say, but this is kind of a shitty thing to say about the WWE roster. The roster is talented as fuck. Even in NXT 2.0 there are many talented prospects who show good potential. Its WWE's booking and business practices that are shitty. The Street Profits are at worst a good team. FTR didn't leave because they couldn't have good matches with talented wrestlers and teams. They left because WWE didn't give enough shit about the tag division as a whole, and it pissed them off. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

Nailed the ratings-top call a month or two ago, and the painful slide that will continue from here - didn’t call that for the larks of it. There is fun stuff for the fanatics & the niche-lovers, but the roadmap for the big picture is fucked. Jericho front centre, tag titles back on Bucks, Guevara character all over the place as if it were 2000 WCW .. deeply regressive decisions that will not build a foundation. With the enormous slash in ad spend on the way + fall in discretionary consumer spending on live events nothing for the company should be taken for granted: these falls can start from innocuous basis. He seriously needs to get someone in there with him to tidy things the fuck up and start de-risking some of these crazy narrative decisions. They had a good thing going back in the autumn but now staring down the barrel of, what, a c. 25-40% fall in viewership in a given week since the first week NXT went off the air? They need to wake up. 

Edited by A_K

3 hours ago, zendragon said:

If a Hair v Hair match goes to a time limit draw? Hmmm

In Mexico, if an apuestas match goes to a draw then both guys lose their hair/mask. I believe one of the Dandy/Satanico matches ended that way and both guys got their heads shaved afterwards.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A_K said:

Nailed the ratings-top call a month or two ago, and the painful slide that will continue from here - didn’t call that for the larks of it. There is fun stuff for the fanatics & the niche-lovers, but the roadmap for the big picture is fucked. Jericho front centre, tag titles back on Bucks, Guevara character all over the place as if it were 2000 WCW .. deeply regressive decisions that will not build a foundation. With the enormous slash in ad spend on the way + fall in discretionary consumer spending on live events nothing for the company should be taken for granted: these falls can start from innocuous basis. He seriously needs to get someone in there with him to tidy things the fuck up and start de-risking some of these crazy narrative decisions. They had a good thing going back in the autumn but now staring down the barrel of, what, a c. 25-40% fall in viewership in a given week since the first week NXT went off the air? They need to wake up. 

Let's think about this. What's more likely -- that one of the highest-rated shows on cable, with next-to no competition on this given night, inexplicably tanked and no one watched ... or that this is part of the plan to make MJF seem like a major draw and continue his angle with Tony Khan? The rating was worked.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I know it wasn't your intention per say, but this is kind of a shitty thing to say about the WWE roster. The roster is talented as fuck. Even in NXT 2.0 there are many talented prospects who show good potential. Its WWE's booking and business practices that are shitty. The Street Profits are at worst a good team. FTR didn't leave because they couldn't have good matches with talented wrestlers and teams. They left because WWE didn't give enough shit about the tag division as a whole, and it pissed them off. 

Yeah, sorry if I didn't make it clearer.  My intention was to put down WWE's booking in general, where if you're not in their top handful of guys, you're just running on the hamster wheel.  Especially, as you said, when it comes to tag teams.  It wasn't my intention to put down any workers and I pulled the name The Street Profits out of my ass because I just needed the name of another team they could go 50/50 with. 

I'm happy for these guys because they are more "body of work" types and they're getting to actually do great matches against a variety of incredible opponents from all over instead of being plugged into meaningless, neverending programs just designed to fill time with "content."  Dax, a tag wrestler, isn't having an amazing singles match against a top guy from another company while working in WWE. 

Also, they were this close to dressing like court jesters in WWE.

• Like 2

Son of a bitch!!! I did think that a big part of Jungle Express' continued success as champions was the fact that they had 3 way matches as their big defenses. Now that Jeff screwed up THIS 3-way, the titles were really up for grabs. Also, the other Son of a bitch!!! goes to Christian Cage. The second that the titles come off of JE's waists, he pounces on poor Jungle Boy! You will pay for this! Don't let Luchasaurus find you any time soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Last night's rating is why you keep MJF instead of Eddie Kingston. It's also why you don't gift-wrap top stars to WWE.

Jesus Christ. You're smart enough to know last night's viewership was an aberration and not something normal.

• Like 5