DVDVR Message Board

6/15/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

That Dax vs Ospreay match. ??? I think Dax might be my favorite worker currently.

Loved the ladder match. And sometimes even when you know a moment is coming, it still delivers. And that was a great turn by Christian. Christian vs Jungle Boy is going to be a money feud.

Also like that the women are still represented on the PPV even tho there's no AEW vs NJPW component. Leaving women off completely would have been a mistake. Hoping for a Toni win.

Did not like the layout of the Wardlow deal. But that's nit-picky, it was mostly fine.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

I popped for The People's Court music and I want an Judge Wapner is All Elite banner.

I'm sorry...but I think Judge Wapner is dead

Another freaking super fun show!

More thoughts later ?

Good Lord! What a show! Little bit of everything.

My favourite thing? Going Full 1980s NWA with the "Fuego del Sammy" and "MMA guys turn on their taskmaster to help out a fellow working class Midwesterner" angles. (Maybe using MMA guys isn't 100% 1980s, but the broad strokes are). I popped hard for that.

And I got legit goosebumps and chills for seeing the lion mark and hearing Go! Ace! on AEW TV. Was not expecting that at all! It's not like those were surprises or anything. But: Genuinely thrilling, nonetheless.

Two list-worthy matches on one show! (Unless you are against the go-go-go style or have an irrational hate-on for the Young Bucks. But, hah hah, nobody here hates all action matches or Matt and Nick, right?

Ospreay vs Dax was such very excellent pro wrestling. The Platonic ideal of a TV match. Ospreay worked so unselfishly, too. Both guys came out of that looking great. 

Rob Halford and the guy from Slayer don't need no damn wigs. Ortiz just hacking away his own hair was truly badass!

The Wardlow video intro and "Plaintiffs one and two have been eliminated" and "This case is dismissed" announcements were solid gold. Tremendous stuff!

Matt Hughes can barely walk now. That was sad to see. But, again, I loved the olde schoole angle there.

The commentary team were on fire today, with stuff like explaining Ospreay's crazy schedule and calling back to Bucks vs FTR. Added a lot to the show.

(Ospreay probably pronounces it "shed-yule" in character)

Great pop for Orangey Boy's return. Cassidy vs Ospreay! Oh, boy! @The Natural gonna have to change his mind soon.

FTR/BF vs UE? OK! LFG!

I also loved Rocky's shirt.

Tip of the hat to.good ole for not saying Tana is from The Orient.

"Mai Noru" Suzuki got a legit lol out of me.

Despy!!!

The entrances for that match are going to be long but very fun, considering "Judas" and "" Kaze ni Nare"

I expected Russev to just squash Ethan, but in my opinion "Don't make me mad. You wouldn't like me when I'm mad." is a really good way to structure a competitive Redeemer match.I

I think Storm should be allowed to wear the Owen belt now.

Storm vs Thunder is a natural match-up.

I legit yelled the F word six or seven times during the main event, before the first picture in picture. That shit was crazy!

Who do the Bux face at Forbidden Door? How long till they face FTR again?

What was @just drew's opinion on that match and will he be willing to share it?

Who will Switchblade call out????

I just got a request to switch my Forbidden Door Monday lessons to Thursday. Which means I can watch FD "live." 

I am so happy. That's some pretty good timing right there!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Did not like the layout of the Wardlow deal. But that's nit-picky, it was mostly fine.

I'm at least as annoyed about Wardlow pinning guys whose shoulders weren't on the mat as people here were last week about the Japanese flag being on the All-Atlantic title.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I kinda hate Sammy joining JAS. Rehashed Inner Circle vibes. Feels like it knocks Garcia down the pecking order, too. And it probably means less room for Daddy Magic because they’ve got Sammy/Tay taking up air time, now that I think about it. Subtraction by addition.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Matt Hughes can barely walk now. That was sad to see. But, again, I loved the olde schoole angle there.

If you read anything about Matt Hughes' personality or life outside of fighting, it's the least the fucker deserves. I hope he rots in hell. He can rest in piss tomorrow tonight, the bozo.

• Thanks 11

1 minute ago, mystman said:

The most disappointing thing about Dynamite was the announcement for Thunderosa vs. Storm at Forbidden Door.

I'm sure it'll be a great match, but I was hoping for Mayu. 

Cyberfight wrestler on a NJPW cross-promoted show? No way.

I had no idea who Matt Hughes was and googled him to figure out why he can't walk or move at all and was regaled instead by his history of trophy hunting and domestic abuse. Thanks wikipedia! Thanks TK for putting this guy on your tv the same week you had to send one of your own guys home for bad behaviour!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I had no idea who Matt Hughes was and googled him to figure out why he can't walk or move at all and was regaled instead by his history of trophy hunting and domestic abuse. Thanks wikipedia! Thanks TK for putting this guy on your tv the same week you had to send one of your own guys home for bad behaviour!

Yeah, bringing in that piece of shit is way more egregious than any jeff hardy nonsense.

• Like 3

Just now, EVA said:

I’ll just note that Christian turned on Jungle Boy, not Luchasaurus. I wonder if they might put him as Christian’s heater. A change up might do him good.

But where is Tomko these days? 2v2

• Thanks 1