DVDVR Message Board

6/15/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

Good looking card. I hate 3 ways, so thanks Jeff! Get well. I appreciate that I actually believe Jericho might lose his hair. I also appreciate seeing Ortiz get a chance to shine. So too Ethan Page - I expect a wonderful sacrifice to Mighty Miro this evening. Not expecting anything from a Tanahashi-Moxley face to face, but let's see. Here's hoping the Wardlow handi-cap is entertaining. And here's hoping Toni Storm beats the shit out of DMD. Stoked for Dax and Ospreay. Less stoked for all the post-posts from ppl who want to let everybody know they hate Ospreay. Tho, I might prefer that to reading about gross stinky fast food sandwiches.

• Like 2

Ospreay vs. Dax was a top 5 AEW match of the year so far I think. Ladder match was a blast, don't care about the selling. It's a ladder match. So fucking happy we finally get Jungle vs. Christian. Let's go.

• Like 8

Just now, Jiji said:

Ospreay vs. Dax was a top 5 AEW match of the year so far I think. Ladder match was a blast, don't care about the selling. It's a ladder match. So fucking happy we finally get Jungle vs. Christian. Let's go.

It will be surpassed by Orange Cassidy defeating Will Ospreay for the IWGP US Heavyweight title at Forbidden Door.

BOOK IT, GEDO!

• Like 2

Chris Jericho is gonna lose his hair!  He is so hardcore.  Jericho ALMOST does the Greg Valentine Forward Fall!  Suplex of Ortiz from the apron to the floor! During picture in picture, the JAS beats on Ortiz on the floor!  Yes, they are cheaters!  This match is good. Santana and Wheeler Yuta come to fight at ringside!  EDDIE KINGSTON HITS A URICAN!  FOR TWO!  WHAT THE FUCK!  FUEGO DEL SOL TURNS EVIL!  ORTIZ IS PINNED!  IT'S SAMMY GUEVARA NOT FUEGO DEL SOL!  THAT was FUN!  BLOOD AND GUTS!  BLOOD AND GUTS!  Awesome.  Wardlow channels Vince McMahon and uses Powerbombs like NDAs!  COME ON, WARDLOW!  HE'S GOT A NECKBRACE ON!  Poor Smark Mark Sterling.  DAX HARWOOD!  WILL OSPREAY!  St Louis is MOLTEN.  DAX is sooo fucking great.  He is so the new Arn Anderson.  OSPREAY JUMPS INTO THE CAMERA FRAME IN A PREPOSTEROUS DROP KICK FROM 90 YARDS AWAY!  Oh my God, I can't wait to see this on the INTERNATIONAL FEED tomorrow.  Great counter of a hiptoss into an Octopus Hold by Ospreay!  Five German Suplexes by DAX!  Totally gnarley Released German Suplex!  Dax misses a Cross Body Thing to get Ospreay on offense!   This match is fucking great.  So many great nearfalls.  Great fucking Lariat by Dax! Ospreay hits a great Lyger Bomb and hits a Cutter and then hits his finisher for the win!  What a great fucking match.  Soooo Orange Cassidy versus Will Ospreay?  Why Not?  Jon Moxley is ON THE STICK!  They set up two more matches!  They almost got me if they would just announce Danielson vs Zack Sable Jr or Aussie Open vs FTR.  Oh no!  Poor Ethan Page!  Page channels Larry Zbysko!  Page then channels Ted DiBiase!  Miro channels MIRO and starts beating the fuck out of Ethan Page!  In picture in picture Lambert does SOMETHING to help PAge and then Miro chases Lambert and Page hits a  Shoulder Block off the apron!  This match is great  Page keeps working the shoulder of Miro to keep Miro off of him.  Page hits a toprope shoulder block!  Ethan Page IS Road Warrior Hawk!  PAge then pisses off Miro and he lands real awkward on his neck.  Miro breaks Pages back!   That was great!  Dante Martin is now an Inhuman?  Dante Martin IS Black Bolt!  Toni Storm versus DMD!   Storm gets posted!  WE WANT BLOOD!  Brittney gets in a wad of offense while we are in picture in picture.  Baker look great in the tiny screen, hitting two suplexes.  As the picture gets big, Toni Storm goes on offense.  FLYING HIP ATTACK!  Britt Baker does total heel move of faking an injury!  Storm counters Bakers attempt at the Mandible Claw and hits a German and the STORM ZERO!  BAKER PUTS STORM OVER CLEAN AS A SHEET!  Put the belt on Storm already.  Stokely Hathaway!  WILMA!  Jay White versus Adam Cole would be good.  Jay White vs Hangman Adam Page would be good.  Jay White versus NICK COMOROTO!  I assume the Young Bucks get the belts.  Jungle Boy channels Sammy Guevara!  Matt Jackson with the Locomotion Suplexes to the ladder was great.  Everybody goes through a table!  The Young Bucks are so made for the main events of US wrestling programs.   I love that the Young Bucks use the picture in picture to stack a few tables.  More people go through tables!  The four table configuration is the KEY to the match!  Ah Luchasaurus crushes three of the four tables!  V TRIGGER! And we have NEW CHAMPIONS!  It's about time.  I assume the Jungle Boy singles run begins. AS CHRISTIAN ATTACKS JUNGLE BOY IN FRONT OF HIS MOTHER AND SISTER!  YES!  EVIL CHRISTIAN IS THE BEST CHRISTIAN! That was some quality wrestling tonight.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I'm so thrilled we're going to get Jericho hanging on to the vestiges of his hair like he's Gollum.

Sammy back with Jericho feels right for the time being. He's not a good babyface even if his moveset should suggest otherwise.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jiji said:

I'm so thrilled we're going to get Jericho hanging on to the vestiges of his hair like he's Gollum.

He may be losing the hair match vs God, but I didn't really expect him to give it up. He'll find some new feat of engineering to make it look like there's not a lot of empty real-estate. 

You think Miro is going full babyface? Force of nature above such trivial human matters? Or just a one off?

Whatever direction they go with him, I hope this bullshit 4way match evolves into a 3 month feud between Miro and Pac beefing over the gold.

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

You think Miro is going full babyface? Force of nature above such trivial human matters? Or just a one off?

Whatever direction they go with him, I hope this bullshit 4way match evolves into a 3 month feud between Miro and Pac beefing over the gold.

I still think that four way ends with Ishii (ugh) getting the title and it's a way for AEW to have a presence on New Japan programming.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I popped for The People's Court music and I want an Judge Wapner is All Elite banner.

A lot of cool surprises, i thought for sure it would have been a Best Friends/Chaos/FTR vs. United Empire 10 man but OC vs. Will sounds great. Thought OC vs. Yano was the lay up but this should rule!

FTR vs. The Bucks to unify the belts in a rubber match perhaps?

Totally intrigued for how their setting up whoever is gonna challenge Jay for the IWGP belt. With less than two weeks to go thought they'd have more announced by now but Kingston in the ring with Suzuki again is gonna ruuuuuule!

Man we couldn't get one Baka-hashi from Jericho tonight? That segment was a such a cluster but when you have 10 days to announce X amount of matches I guess you gotta be economical. I think Jericho mentioned wanting Suzuki at WrestleKingdom so maybe we get some seeds.

• Like 3

When Jericho came out I was so sure they were making the AEW title match a three-way.

Don't tease Okada v Hangman and not deliver. Jay White and Adam Cole combined don't equal one Rainmaker.

I'm pretty sure the Hardys were supposed to win those belts, but we're definitely getting Bucks - FTR III at All Out. Cool.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

A lot of cool surprises, i thought for sure it would have been a Best Friends/Chaos/FTR vs. United Empire 10 man but OC vs. Will sounds great. Thought OC vs. Yano was the lay up but this should rule!

FTR vs. The Bucks to unify the belts in a rubber match perhaps?

Totally intrigued for how their setting up whoever is gonna challenge Jay for the IWGP belt. With less than two weeks to go thought they'd have more announced by now but Kingston in the ring with Suzuki again is gonna ruuuuuule!

1. Aaron Henare, Aussie Open, Cobb & O-Khan versus Rocky, Trent, Chuck Taylor & FTR. Boom, there's your United Empire vs CHAOS/Best Friends & FTR match.

2. I don't know about unify the belts, FTR will probably lose the ROH titles because of the Bucks, and then FTR will win the AEW tag titles from the Bucks in the rubber match. Just me arm-chair booking.

3. IWGP title won't be defended. It's either a tag match, a triple threat with no Okada, or a four way on a show where you already have a four way for a title. I'm still saying tag team match is happening, and the coin drop happens next week on Dynamite.

3 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

'm pretty sure the Hardys were supposed to win those belts, but we're definitely getting Bucks - FTR III at All Out. Cool.

pre-Double or Nothing, the plan was for the Hardys to get a run. After that DoN match, people backstage started to have doubts. Supposedly.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

I missed the hair match and Wardlaw segments.

The main event was a really fun crash and burn. Fun spots. I liked that there were not too many spots (if any) where a guy had a chance to grab the belts but instead decided it best to leap off into a table instead. The Young Bucks are not for me in actual tag matches. But they are built for something like this. I loved the turn at the end and the shot of Jack’s family having to watch. Good asshole heel work.

I liked Toni Storm versus Britt a lot. Really solid stuff. This was one of Britt’s best showings. Sometimes she looks a bit awkward in the ring but she was pretty good throughout this. Storm is really good. 

So many of the segments with the NJPW stuff did nothing for me and/or were confusing messes. 

Osprey versus Dax was pretty good. This is the first I have ever seen Osprey and he is a great self-possessed douche. Dax and him really clicked for a lot of that match. I just hated the ending because Osprey did not look like he struggled at all at the end. He did not sell any damage or even fatigue. Good on him for having good cardio but Dax put him through some stuff, sell it at least a little bit.

The segment that followed was a decent showdown and I liked how they kept Where Is My Mind playing during the evening out of the odds with OC segment. I am actually really interested in that match.

Miro versus Ethan Page was solid for what I was able to see. I have a toddler who demanded a specific colored race car before he fell asleep I had to find.

The Mox showdown segment was a mess. Mox is a great promo. I do not know one thing about NJPW but he put over the Ace something fierce…and then came the JAS and then Lance Archer and some other dude and Jericho going over about 5 minutes of exposition to set up a match with guys who were not even there on TV before Kingston comes out and etc. And we already had a similar segment just a few minutes earlier.

The Hangman/Baybay/Switchblade segment was also a mess. Went on too long and it set nothing up. Jay White hasn’t been around enough on AEW to be able to pull any sort of “I have power” cards. It could have been presented a lot better if he said he knew what Cole was up to but he was a step ahead. Just one line like that as opposed to what we got.

If you know who the NJPW guys who kept on getting mentioned, I am sure you liked it. If you didn’t then this was really sloppy. 

• Like 4