DVDVR Message Board

6/15/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

Yea, I'm not sure if TK is just worried about FTR "outshining" Jurassic Express, but it seems to me like there are any number of good transitional champion options aside from the Young Bucks (if they were to win the titles tonight) to get the titles on FTR within the next 3-4 weeks. The Gunn Club, for example, aren't world-class wrestlers, but man are they getting great heat right now.

With the Christian/Jungle Boy stuff going on, you have an easy "out" for the Express to lose the titles in a screwy fashion to Gunn Club (or Team Taz) and then for that team to drop the titles to FTR on a big TV show. Then, at the next PPV, FTR can defend the titles against Jurassic Express or the Young Bucks or Team Taz or whoever. I hate to use the word "pussyfooting" but it seems like TK is pussyfooting around the inevitable for no good reason. The Express have had a good, respectable run, but its a run that has run its course (see what I did there?). 

5 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Yea, I'm not sure if TK is just worried about FTR "outshining" Jurassic Express, but it seems to me like there are any number of good transitional champion options aside from the Young Bucks (if they were to win the titles tonight) to get the titles on FTR within the next 3-4 weeks. The Gunn Club, for example, aren't world-class wrestlers, but man are they getting great heat right now.

With the Christian/Jungle Boy stuff going on, you have an easy "out" for the Express to lose the titles in a screwy fashion to Gunn Club (or Team Taz) and then for that team to drop the titles to FTR on a big TV show. Then, at the next PPV, FTR can defend the titles against Jurassic Express or the Young Bucks or Team Taz or whoever. I hate to use the word "pussyfooting" but it seems like TK is pussyfooting around the inevitable for no good reason. The Express have had a good, respectable run, but its a run that has run its course (see what I did there?). 

They had a three-way at the PPV, with all that build of Christian and Jungle Boy. They could easily have protected JE by having either Starks/Hobbs or Swerve in the Glory win by pinning the other, non JE team. Everything over the last couple months was pointing that direction. But no...

BTW, fuck you all and your food talk. I'm dealing with noro or gastroenteritis for the 4th day now and am sick of eating plain rotisserie chicken, saltines, and Gatorade. Now I want a halfway decent beer battered fish sandwich.

• Sad 7

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, fuck you all and your food talk. I'm dealing with noro or gastroenteritis for the 4th day now and am sick of eating plain rotisserie chicken, saltines, and Gatorade. Now I want a halfway decent beer battered fish sandwich.

Get well soon, mate. Love, Paul xxx.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

As for traveling to Baltimore (which I know you know of) they're known for crab cakes.  I've been a sucker for Jimmy's Seafood but they were also a mile away from us for five years.  But there's multiple places in and around Baltimore that have a darn good crab cake.  And if you're up for digging for gold then steamed crabs are a must.  Pair it with a Guiness Blonde on a warm day and you're in for a damn good time.

I'm from Baltimore!  But I haven't been to Jimmy's since a very personally depressing Thanksgiving meal there in 1988.  ?  Food was good, but the circumstances -- some very East Baltimore style family drama -- were not!  

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

What about pit beef?

I think I had the aforementioned Chaps pit beef on a Route 40 roadside stand and found it to be pretty good.  @NikoBaltimore, is Rt 40 still questionable no-tell motels as far as the eye can see?

If you're in Philly, you should go to Gaul and Co Malt House, and get the Wiz or Witowski.....- chipped kielbasa cheesesteak, fried onions and cooper american wiz.

As far as Cheesesteaks go, Dalessandro's is the top spot for me.  It's 20 mins from my house and always the best.  Pat's or Geno's pales in comparison and i always tell anyone coming to Philly to get a cheesesteak to avoid them.

• Like 3

Just now, Technico Support said:

I'm from Baltimore!  But I haven't been to Jimmy's since a very personally depressing Thanksgiving meal there in 1988.  ?  Food was good, but the circumstances -- some very East Baltimore style family drama -- were not!  

I think I had the aforementioned Chaps pit beef on a Route 40 roadside stand and found it to be pretty good.  @NikoBaltimore, is Rt 40 still questionable no-tell motels as far as the eye can see?

'88?  Oh, man, has it changed since then.  I still fondly remember my dad taking 12-year-old me through the kitchen from the dining area to the bar.  He knew the owner so we'd head there and chill out before going back to the dining area.  With the father passing his sons took over with Johnny being the head guy now.  He's too egotistical for my liking but he knew how to market it for maximum profit.  The food's still really damn good and despite the area if you're in town is worth checking out.

As for Chaps it's still a glorified roadside stand and the questionable motels are still in full force.  It's amazing how there's parts of Baltimore that have been gentrified yet those two areas really haven't changed that much.  And for better or worse I like it that way, especially now that I moved back to Harford County.

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

If you're in Philly, you should go to Gaul and Co Malt House, and get the Wiz or Witowski.....- chipped kielbasa cheesesteak, fried onions and cooper american wiz.

As far as Cheesesteaks go, Dalessandro's is the top spot for me.  It's 20 mins from my house and always the best.  Pat's or Geno's pales in comparison and i always tell anyone coming to Philly to get a cheesesteak to avoid them.

I heard about Dalessandro's and have been guilty of doing Pat's every time.  Tried Geno's one time and that's all I needed.  But I really need to try that place next time I head up.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JLowe said:

They had a three-way at the PPV, with all that build of Christian and Jungle Boy. They could easily have protected JE by having either Starks/Hobbs or Swerve in the Glory win by pinning the other, non JE team. Everything over the last couple months was pointing that direction. But no...

I think the rationale is that (and I could be wrong) they're going to build to FTR/Bucks 3 at All Out with all the tag titles on the line. IWGP, RoH, AEW, maybe AAA and have that be their ultimate coup de gras. The Bucks were always going to win tonights match, with or without the Hardys.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

'88?  Oh, man, has it changed since then.  I still fondly remember my dad taking 12-year-old me through the kitchen from the dining area to the bar.  He knew the owner so we'd head there and chill out before going back to the dining area.  With the father passing his sons took over with Johnny being the head guy now.  He's too egotistical for my liking but he knew how to market it for maximum profit.  The food's still really damn good and despite the area if you're in town is worth checking out.

As for Chaps it's still a glorified roadside stand and the questionable motels are still in full force.  It's amazing how there's parts of Baltimore that have been gentrified yet those two areas really haven't changed that much.  And for better or worse I like it that way, especially now that I moved back to Harford County.

I heard about Dalessandro's and have been guilty of doing Pat's every time.  Tried Geno's one time and that's all I needed.  But I really need to try that place next time I head up.

You won't be let down by Dalessandro's at all.  It's high quality.  Another great spot is Lil Pete's by DayDreams Strip club(don't judge me, lol)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

You won't be let down by Dalessandro's at all.  It's high quality.  Another great spot is Lil Pete's by DayDreams Strip club(don't judge me, lol)

My friends and I always are down for having an excuse for a dude's night.  I have vacation tomorrow but down the line I'll have to keep these spots in mind.  Thanks.

And in an effort to stick on topic in the "Road To" video Ethan and Miro did a decent job making the All-Atlantic title sound important.  So if we're able to see what this means to the wrestlers then that might help give a damn about this whole thing.  Dare I say Ethan might have had a better promo than Miro this time.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well, if you can survive three cuts of steak, sides, and a half bottle of Johnny Walker like Taz apparently can...

The dining on the Team Taz private helicopter sounds great. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The dining on the Team Taz private helicopter sounds great. 

Powerhouse Hobbs Shows Off Incredible Body Transformation - WrestleTalk/

That's that Team Taz dining right there.

Edit - This will now turn into an appreciation post for Powerhouse Hobbs. My god what a transformation.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 8

I'm really looking forward to watching Wardlow mow through 20 nameless, faceless drones. Crowd is gonna be hot for it. If it's royal rumble style, I hope the last one to enter is a name to set up Wardlow's next feud.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Dellessandro’s is within walking distance of my place. But Roxboroughians prefer Chubby’s or Barry’s. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Dellessandro’s is within walking distance of my place. But Roxboroughians prefer Chubby’s or Barry’s. 

I've only had Chubby's once, and i'll admit that while not my #1 option on that corner, I still really enjoyed it.

Now I'm hungry at work.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sailor Sandwich: How to make a Richmond favorite. - Seasoned Cooks

THAT is a Sailor sandwich? How can you survive that? 

I tried to tell y'all it was a mammoth-looking sandwich!