DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/13 - 6/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Vince comes out and says nothing while his theme song ("No chance, that's what you got") plays over and over. Then he books his supposed top ticket in with the guy he would have had in Theory's place if Theory wasn't already there, and puts Lesnar in to squash them all and laugh at the end of a fine match because GODDAMMIT PAL THAT'S GOOD SHIT! 

It's so Vince. If he's stepping down, I can't imagine anyone booking it any different.

I watched the opening segment with Vince McMahon, expecting him to actually Go There and cut the most egoistical promo ever about how he's "Mr. McMahon damnit and if he wants to pay a paralegal hush money, he will!" Then call Johnny Ace out to the ring to fire him on live TV.

Instead, it was the WWE rubes in Minneapolis singing along with his entrance theme and he barely did anything. I changed the channel after that because it would be a typical WWE show where Roman Reigns never loses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Well it took a while but I think we found Natalya's best work in the last 15 years

Why none of this was in any of Natalya's promos, I don't know. I know why they weren't in Ronda's because SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BE THERE and she's the champion.

9 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Not sure what they're gonna do with the women tags, maybe quietly retire them. 

Do they even have enough women for a tag division at this point? They could always team Ronda Rousey with someone and have Ronda sleepwalk through her promos with those belts too.

Also, it may be in another thread, but Sasha Banks got released. Not sure about Naomi.

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I could be way off base but I have been assuming Reigns beats Rock next year then loses to Steiner the following year, as kind of the most straightforward trajectory

That sounds cool but could also just be Lesnar because they don't trust anyone else. 

They have enough women. But nowadays they been reducing titles. 

It's obvious of the new 3, Riddle, Bron, Theory...that Theory is the next guy. Probably even the final Vince guy.

I've said this before but the women tag titles were a good idea in the pre-brand split WWE and much less of one now, it's probably best to let them lay dormant for now until the roster is reunited at some point in the future.

19 hours ago, username said:

I've said this before but the women tag titles were a good idea in the pre-brand split WWE and much less of one now, it's probably best to let them lay dormant for now until the roster is reunited at some point in the future.

I think NXT being demoted back to development from "It's the third brand, we swear" hurt it a bit too. Bayley and Sasha not being able to follow up on saying they were gonna bring the belts there occasionally had loads of potential and felt like a more organic way of getting main roster people there as opposed to HEY EVERYONE, YOU WANT TO SEE CHARLOTTE. WE'RE NOT ASKING.

man.... now I'm sad about NXT again