DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/13 - 6/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Vince McMahon enters the ring but doesn't make anyone kiss his ass.  Sad, really.  It's Madcap Moss and Happy Corbin!  Corbin throws good elbows.  Moss does a nice Psicosis bump.  The fact that McMahon is a creepy sex pest kinda puts a pall over the proceedings.  Or maybe the crowd doesn't really care about this match.  This match is perfectly fine.  Didn't really build up to a hot finish.  There you go.  SHANKY!  This should lighten the mood.  Bollywood dance moves are so different for we who are used to Western dance moves.  It makes me wish I was younger so I could break them out at the next wedding reception.  My daughter is getting married in August so I could work on it!  Jinder Mahal is a big dude but is overshadowed completely by the awesomeness and biggity of Shanky.  Kofi Kingston bumps LIKE A FREAK for Shanky.  Shanky should definitely buy him a steak postmatch.  Kofi doesn't go all out on the Beel, which is understandable.  Xavier Woods starts playing the trombone and I have to STUDY Shanky's moves.  I'VE ONLY GOT A MONTH AND A HALF!  Jinder Mahal doesn't want Shanky to dance and TAGS IN!  He is kicked in the head by Kofi and loses the match!  That definitely took my mind off McMahon and Johnny Ace tag teaming a paralegal for a minute.  Raquel Rodriguez and Shayna Bazsler (or is it Baszler) have a match!  This match is STIFF!  Shotzi and Alieyah don't actually understand how to watch television.  This is the deadest crowd I've seen in a while.  Man, that was quick.  They hinted at a much longer, better match.  YAY! GUNTHER!  AMERICA SUCKS!  RESTORE THE PRESTIGE!  Oh wait, I just remembered World War one and Word War Two.  U-S-A!  U-S-A!   I don't think I've seen Roman Reigns wrestle since seeing him live at the Richmond Coliseum a long time ago.  I just got to bore the hell out of my wife explaining the Anoa'i family to her.  She feigns interest because we have been married for 28 years and she is used to me.  She will go on about the British Sewing show.  It''s adorable.  Man, they are giving this some time.  Matt Riddle has a fun offense and takes us to the first commercial with a crazy spinning toprope plancha!  As we return, Matt Riddle is assuming his comfortable role as face in peril.  Will he fight out of it and WIN THE STRAP~!?!  He makes a comeback and Reigns cuts him off by getting his knees up!  Riddle does the La Parka/Jeff Hardy corner spinning thing for TWO!  Uranagi by Reigns for TWO!  This CAN'T go the whole 25 minutes.  Or CAN IT!  Riddle hits a NICE Powerslam.  Riddle goes facefirst into the ringpost so of course there will be blood!  Riddle hits the Orton DDT to set up the RKO!  Reigns powers out of it and  hits a SUPERMAN PUNCH! FOR TWO!  This match is fucking great.  I really can't tell who is going to win.  RKO! RKO! RKO! for TWO!?!?  Reigns catches Riddle with a Spear as Riddle is coming off the second rope FOR THE WIN!  That match was fucking great.  Matt Riddle is fucking awesome.  That was some quality wrestling.  It's ALEX HAMMERSTONE!  Oh wait.  

• Like 3

Absolutely ZERO interest in another Lesnar vs Reigns match. They’ve been done to death over the past few years. I get that Orton and Cody are injured but wouldn’t this be a great time to … oh, I don’t know … maybe elevate someone else?

That being said, Roman vs Riddle was a really, really good match! I did think there was a slight chance of Riddle winning tonight and I totally popped on the RKO near fall!

Edited by onelegbrynn
  • Like 5

I disagree with Dean’s assessment of the Minnesota crowd being down for any of this show. I thought this was one of the hotter crowds for a WWE TV show in recent memory.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DEAN said:

This is the deadest crowd I've seen in a while.  

Yah, we Minnesotans are quiet, passive aggressive people. We’ll make you some hot dish but you’ll feel uncomfortable about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Brisco said:

I disagree with Dean’s assessment of the Minnesota crowd being down for any of this show. I thought this was one of the hotter crowds for a WWE TV show in recent memory.

They were definitely into it during the main event.

Did Vince actually say anything? I ff past his entrance and the show opened with Corbin/Madcap. I skipped that match.

New Day vs. Jinder/Shanky was alright for Kofi's bumping and Shanky dance moves.

Raquel/Shayna was solid while it lasted but felt like it could have used a couple of more minutes.

Nattie's promo for her match with Ronda was decent stuff.

Roman/Riddle was damn good. The crowd was hot for everything and Riddle was perfect as a fired up babyface throughout. Was good to see Roman win clean.

Brock coming out sucked, but for whatever reason the crowd is still excited for him vs. Roman. I hate them ever so slightly for that.

• Like 2

Well Vince didn't say anything bad so I guess that's a plus for him.

Madcap Moss seems to be over with the crowds. Hopefully they don't screw that up.

Riddle vs. Roman should have headlined the MITB. That was a good match. I guess it makes sense Brock is back. Who else would Roman fear that they have on the roster?

41 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'd be interested if Brock decided to wrestle like he did before 2015.

Suplex City is so stale. Only had time for it vs. John Cena (SummerSlam 2014), Roman Reigns (WrestleMania XXXI), The Undertaker (SummerSlam 2015/Hell in a Cell 2015), AJ Styles (Survivor Series 2017) and Daniel Bryan (Survivor Series 2018).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They really don't have a clue who should beat Roman or when. 

This.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I would guess Cody was the plan before he was injured. That said, I assume the Brock match is happening more because of Orton being injured.

This.

25 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Would've been miles more interesting if Riddle had won and THEN Brock came out.

Same tired, rehashed shit that I have no interest in watching.  At least we got a pretty damn incredible Riddle/Roman match, that will most likely never happen again.

I think Reigns/Riddle will be just that, a one and done. Rather see a lot of things than Lesnar/Reigns again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DEAN said:

I just got to bore the hell out of my wife explaining the Anoa'i family to her.  She feigns interest because we have been married for 28 years and she is used to me.  She will go on about the British Sewing show.  It''s adorable. 

This is the best summary of marriage I've head since my college professor compared it to to two people in trenches opposite each other and made machinegun sound effects.