DVDVR Message Board

MONEY IN THE BANK XIII - 7/2/2022

Dolfan in NYC

What's the best way to avoid a cash in?  Never have your champ appear!  

THE CARD~

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bianca Bel Air (c) vs. Carmella Rhea Ripley

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya

MEN'S MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Seth F. Rollins vs. Sheamus vs. Omos vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Sami Zayn vs. Riddle vs. Madcap Moss

WOMEN'S MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Lacey Evans vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Asuka vs. Shotzi vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Becky Lynch

FOR THE UNDISPUTED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Usos (c) vs. Street Profits

FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley

--

As reported, Roman is off this show and won't defend again until SummerSlam.  Probably against Riddle?  

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As reported, Roman if off this show and won't defend again until SummerSlam.  Probably against Riddle?  

No - Orton

Roman/Riddle will probably be a TV match to set up the Orton match

(Roman vs Drew is still the plan for the UK show)

• Like 3

Should be a fun show regardless. The majority of the time the MITB matches can deliver. Last year's men's match was one of my favorite WWE matches of the year. 

Nice to see Bianca have a challenger that's not named Becky Lynch. I don't think Rhea wins the title but maybe goes over in a DQ finish.

As far as who wins each MITB match, these are random guesses since no one has actually qualified:
Men's -
* Logical pick - Riddle or Orton to set up one of the title matches with Roman. 
* Hopeful pick - Kevin Owens

Women's -
* Becky Lynch --- That way they (WWE) can call her "Becky/Becks in the Bank"

Edited by onelegbrynn
typo
  • Like 1

I can see Seth Rollins or Kevin Owens as the Men's MITB. I agree with @onelegbrynn, Becky Lynch wins the Women's MITB. It's one of the few things Becky hasn't done and could lead to another...Lynch challenging and winning the NXT Women's Championship. That wrong needs righting. Becky then drops it to an NXT talent on PPV.

• Like 1

My top five Money in the Bank Ladder Matches:

5. The Miz vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison vs. Mark Henry vs. Evan Bourne vs. Ted DiBiase. Money in the Bank 2010.

4. Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton vs. Andrade vs. Finn Balor vs. Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Ali vs. Baron Corbin. Money in the Bank 2019.

3. Kane vs. Christian vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Matt Hardy vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big Show. Money in the Bank 2010.

2. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin. WrestleMania 21.

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Kane vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sin Cara. Money in the Bank 2011.

This is a show where I'm good with Roman not defending. The MITB match is the sell more than anything else.

I agree with Becky as the women's winner. Men will be Riddle unless Orton shows back up sooner than later. While those are who are likely to win, I kind of hope they go with a decent surprise. 

8 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I know it won't ever happen, but I'd love to see another cinematic MITB match.  2020 might not have been the best MITB matches ever, but they might have been the most fun.

That match was dumb fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

This is a show where I'm good with Roman not defending. The MITB match is the sell more than anything else.

MITB winner can't cash in on you if you're not there. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The winner should make Roman teleport over via summoning wishes. 

Anyway Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.

Lacey Evans added to the Women's MITB.

Edited by Blue Dragon

18 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The winner should make Roman teleport over via summoning wishes. 

You joke, but did they change the rules at some point so that surprise cash-in is the only way you can cash in? The original point of Money in the Bank was that the winner gets to decide when and where they get their title shot. If they want, they should be able to come out on Raw and say they're cashing in for a title match on next week's Raw. If Roman doesn't show up, presumably he forfeits the title, the same as if he skipped any other scheduled title defence.

• Like 1

The men's MITB winner wins anytime anywhere "World" title match in the next year. 

Still have to see if WWE will change things up in the final weeks of PLE building or for the go home show.

9 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Who could actually be properly built up into a contender with the MITB case?

Riddle? WALTER? Balor?

I feel like Reigns will lose the title before Mania. Reigns v Rock can main event night 1 without the belt.

Rollins being champion and Cody winning the Rumble would be big. How do we get the title on Rollins? Does he use the MITB case again?

I feel like Reigns' run needs a better ending than a cash in. It should be someone that elevates themselves from midcard to main event by beating him.

The hard part is who?

Big E is out of his neck brace.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, RIPPA said:

No - Orton

Roman/Riddle will probably be a TV match to set up the Orton match

(Roman vs Drew is still the plan for the UK show)

Guess we were both wrong.   

US Title, uWu tag title matches are official. 

Becky is my pick to win the Women’s MITB. If I had to choose an alternate pick, then Asuka.

Drew Mac winning the men’s match makes sense to me. He can win and then use it to challenge Roman at the Castle Clash UK PPV or whatever it’s called. Alternate picks are Riddle or Rollins.

I'm happy Liv won the Women's MITB and defeated Smackdown Women's Champ Ronda to win the Smackdow Women's title.

Bobbo won!

I figured Theory would win. I missed negative endings.

Only problem crowd was bit weird at times.

Edited by Blue Dragon

That was a pretty entertaining show.

I was not expecting Lashley and Theory to have that much chemistry. Pretty damn good match between a cheating heel and babyface powerhouse 

Usos vs. STREET PROFITS was really fucking good, so many near finishes. I want to see a two out of three falls with them.

Good on Liv. Not sure it's a sustained push for her but she's improved and they need new women on top.

This was a night of strapping a rocket to people. 

They went on and on about how Tez is bulked up. 

Then Theory wins MITB. They need new stars in the worst way so I can't complain on the booking.