DVDVR Message Board

6/8/2022!- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Am really intrigued as to the outcome of the hair match next week.

You shouldn't be. The Arena Anarchy match was a glaring flashing blinking light as to what Jericho's hair really looks like. He has a pretty bad Shawn Michaels thing going when he can't keep it dry. Almost the Bill Murray from Kingpin. I noticed this the night of the PPV and had assumed Jericho watched the match back and decided he didn't want that to be his look. But instead of a radom hair style change he went old school and went to TK about a hair match to get something positive out of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

You shouldn't be. The Arena Anarchy match was a glaring flashing blinking light as to what Jericho's hair really looks like. He has a pretty bad Shawn Michaels thing going when he can't keep it dry. Almost the Bill Murray from Kingpin. I noticed this the night of the PPV and had assumed Jericho watched the match back and decided he didn't want that to be his look. But instead of a radom hair style change he went old school and went to TK about a hair match to get something positive out of it.

That's true. But do they JAS take a loss going into Blood and Guts, which they are probably going to lose? Wouldn't Ortiz getting fucked over next week add gasoline to the fire? 

41 minutes ago, w. josh said:

Establishing an upper-midcard belt and bringing the TNT title more in line with the WCW Television title is the right move for the long run. Gives the glut of upper-carders something to do and establishes a tier system for the too-large roster. Dumb name, though.  

I see this as more like AEW's version of the SWA belt.  I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up the least important of AEW's non-ROH belts.

I think they really missed an opportunity here with the All-Atlantic title. They should have resurrected the IWGP IC and made it a thing where its defended in both promotions. I think that would've been a real crowd pleaser. Also, what a teeeeerrible name.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I think they really missed an opportunity here with the All-Atlantic title. They should have resurrected the IWGP IC and made it a thing where its defended in both promotions. I think that would've been a real crowd pleaser. Also, what a teeeeerrible name.

Damn...that would've been great. Good call ??

• Thanks 2

Checked the results and....no MJF. Good. Because fuck him.

He barely shows up on TV as it was and only did 22 matches in 3 years. I'm sorta glad Tony Khan didn't (if we're still thinking this is a work) have MJF appear and blast Jon Moxley & Kyle O'Reilly with chairs to make the match end in a no contest while screaming into the mic at Tony Khan about how he should have gotten the title since he beat CM Punk. Vince Russo would have done that (he's praising MJF online for his promo last week which is fitting).

The announcers basically acted like MJF was never there and I'm sure that burns him up.

Hopefully, he doesn't show up at Forbidden Door too. Or anywhere on AEW TV in the next 18 months really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

That's true. But do they JAS take a loss going into Blood and Guts, which they are probably going to lose? Wouldn't Ortiz getting fucked over next week add gasoline to the fire? 

I hear yeah. Having him take the fall here would lessen the impact of him or JAS taking a fall in Blood & Guts. But if they just do a whatever gaga slip on a banana peel finish and not emphasize it as being a big time blow to the group, it won't make that much of a difference. But if they have Jericho be distracted by Kingston on the ramp with gas, gets rolled up, and gets a haircut... it gets JAS to drop the entertainment facade and get serious for the big blood feud match. So it can still add fire to the big match the other way around.

I'm also not so sure JAS lose. Blood & Guts wasn't the blowoff for IC vs Pinnacle. Blood & Guts might not be the blowoff here either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Damn...that would've been great. Good call ??

latest?cb=20160715155904&ehk=VxAAQYjZB%2

R.b95a53e3e8238aacdf179a6591792c28?rik=l

Great shout. Man, I miss the IWGP Intercontinental Championship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not a fan of ANOTHER midcard title coming in when they haven't been able to book the TNT title properly. Women's Tag and Men's Trios titles were needed well before this.

I assume KOR got the W to face Mox because it was always a dead end. KOR has enough in ring and backstage rep to get people worried he might win but it was always gonna be Mox I guess. I kind of hope Tanahashi wins the title but I think they will just plug Mox into Punk's spot and keep moving forward.

In ring AEW is still phenomenal but I can't help feeling that the scale of booking is getting out of hand for Tony. He needs a team and this is where Cody would have been so critical IMO. TK could have kept his eye on the World and Tag pictures and just let Cody go with the undercard every week. Maybe someone like Regal steps into that role now?

Either way, there are a couple of cracks appearing. Nothing alarming but Khan needs to accept help to make sure everything is on point.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Not to hijack this thread, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the accusation against Ospreay debunked?

The allegations against him re: blackballing Pollyanna were recanted by the promotor involved in the blackballing rather than the actual victim. Given his long history of badgering women on social media it doesn't go a long way to clearing his name (except in the opinions of fans who just want to hear what they want to hear). 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Yeah, but..

Imagine the embarrassment, the utter humiliation of losing a hair match! 

Can you possibly conceive of how awful it would be to go out in public with your head shaved like some kind of bald-headed circus geek?

I shudder to think. A fate worse than death.

Spoiler

On the other hand: If anyone can sell that, it's Chris Jericho

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

The allegations against him re: blackballing Pollyanna were recanted by the promotor involved in the blackballing rather than the actual victim. Given his long history of badgering women on social media it doesn't go a long way to clearing his name (except in the opinions of fans who just want to hear what they want to hear). 

Wouldn't the promoter who was involved in the "blackballing" be the prime source to support or refute the accusation? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Yeah, but..

Imagine the embarrassment, the utter humiliation of losing a hair match! 

Can you possibly conceive of how awful it would be to go out in public with your head shaved like some kind of bald-headed circus geek?

I shudder to think. A fate worse than death.

Not everyone can pull off the look as well as you do, my friend ????

• Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wouldn't the promoter who was involved in the "blackballing" be the prime source to support or refute the accusation? 

Not really? Since it's the promoter who blackballed Pollyanna anyway and initially confirmed it was because Ospreay told him to then, when things got ugly, said no it was actually the venue? 

If you want to die on that hill be my guest. Here's a fairly extensive article about the whole shitshow prior to the promoter suddenly changing his story. 

https://www.fanbyte.com/wrestling/njpw-ignores-speaking-out-g1-climax-30/

Why didn't they call this thing the International belt?

Wrestlers on the AEW roster I'd actually watch a match with Osprey against:

• CM Punk
  • Samoa Joe
  • Powerhouse Hobbs
  • Satnam Singh
  • Serpentico
  • Danhausen
  • Hook
  • Anthony Bowens
  • Eddie Kingston
  • Dustin Rhodes
  • Christian Cage
  • Paul Wight

That's it. I'm sure a Drake or Bear Country match would just annoy me. Orange Cassidy almost made the cut but I'm sure he'd bring out Cassidy's worst tendencies instead of his best ones. Definitely not Danielson. He'd wrestle a match that would be right for a lot of people but not for me.

Edited by Matt D
  • Thanks 1