DVDVR Message Board

6/8/2022!- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Anybody but Adam Cole winning the Battle Royal and defeating Jon Moxley to go onto AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door for the Interim AEW World Championship.

Oh, you know he's winning it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I love battle royals. (Battles Royale?)

Give me darn near any battle royal from darn near any pro wrestling promotion to watch, and I'll be happily entertained for the duration. And, if Andre is involved, I will be delighted for the duration. 

A battle royal is like a nice plate of nachos. Not the best food in the world, but almost always enjoyable. And if you  turn your nose up at either of them, I have to imagine it would be a drag to hang out with you.

Give me a battle royal that is gonna be loaded with pro wrestlers I really like, with some stakes attached, with the winner subsequently fighting (and probably - but not definitely - losing to) Mox for the right to face the winner of Ace vs Choker for the phony baloney title?!?!?! Oh baby! I literally bought some popcorn on the way home from work tonight. A battle royal, a main event Mox fight, and -what's that? Fit Finlay 's son fighting The Hangm'n as well? 

You need more?

Well, we're probably getting more regardless. Maybe some more Ember Moon or Miro or Wardlow? That would make sense. 

I kinda want Darby to win the battle royal. In my opinion, he and Mox match up really well. Or Hobbs or Lee or Miro or Bear Boulder or Buddy or JD or Archer or Comoroto or Dustin or a surprise return Kenny or Butcher or Dax or Rush or Wardlow or Toa Liona or Takeshita or Hook or Angelo Parker...

I was thinking about trying to get tickets to Dominion, at least in part because there might be some AEW guys showing up to promote Forbidden Door, you never know... but it looks like I'm just gonna go watch it on TV at my wrestling buddy's place.

Good week for wrestling, and also popcorn, is what I'm saying here.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You better buy up; there's a domestic popcorn shortage due to people going back to the movies. I doubt that will affect Japan but you never know. (What do the Japanese like to snack on at the movies, anyway?)

Popcorn.

Edit:  Sometimes caramel popcorn or a caramel/salty mix. Occasionally they'll offer BBQ or corn pottage flavour. I always get that, if it's on offer.

I usually also sneak sour gummy candies in, as well.

Oh, and you can get beer at cinemas here. (Insert Marcellus Wallace quote).

Edited by Gordlow
Added more detail beyond just 'popcorn'
  • Like 1

With Cole and Danielson reportedly being shelved until Forbidden Door due to injuries, and Hangman apparently otherwise occupied tonight, that takes most of the other legit challengers off the board, so I kinda hope they do just commit to some gonzo choice to face Mox.

But thinking logically...it’s probably going to be Jericho, right? Legit world title level guy, ongoing feud with Moxley, history with Tana and New Japan. Checks lots of boxes.

• Like 5

I think I still have the Hogan and Warrior ones stashed away in the basement.  But man I would love to have that Macho one though they're pretty expensive online.  Maybe I'll just get some AEW ones to scratch the itch.

Anyway, I don't know who's taking the battle royal.  Could be somebody coming in for all I know but this is one of the rare times where I'm fine with not speculating.  They've been largely good with battle royals so with the stakes being high I'm just going to watch it and have fun.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, EVA said:

With Cole and Danielson reportedly being shelved until Forbidden Door due to injuries, and Hangman apparently otherwise occupied tonight, that takes most of the other legit challengers off the board, so I kinda hope they do just commit to some gonzo choice to face Mox.

But thinking logically...it’s probably going to be Jericho, right? Legit world title level guy, ongoing feud with Moxley, history with Tana and New Japan. Checks lots of boxes.

Going with Jericho also furthers the JAS/BCC issue - I think you may be on to something here.

But yeah, agreed x100 on your first point, I hope they get weird with it. Hobbs, Starks, Darby, Garcia, maybe go Wardlow and have his next feud or MJF cost him the match.

• Like 3

Save Eddie Kingston for the AEW World Championship proper. That has to happen at some point, he's the heart of AEW. Most popular too, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson were both booed in their singles matches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Save Eddie Kingston for the AEW World Championship proper. That has to happen at some point, he's the heart of AEW. Most popular too, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson were both booed in their singles matches.

Agreed on the point that it should be the "undisputed" world title if he gets it. And to be transparently selfish, I want them to save it for Grand Slam II, so I can be in the house for it

• Like 2

Just now, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Agreed on the point that it should be the "undisputed" world title if he gets it. And to be transparently selfish, I want them to save it for Grand Slam II, so I can be in the house for it

That's definitely the place to, no selfishness there.

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

If you hear cussing from across the ocean, you know Adam Cole won and my reaction to. I don't get Adam Cole. Never have. Never will.

Hang on, isn't Adam Cole injured? As noted, no Adam Cole fan but I wouldn't wish injury on someone.

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Hang on, isn't Adam Cole injured? As noted, no Adam Cole fan but I wouldn't wish injury on someone.

Yes, apparently a shoulder injury. I was going to joke that he lost his smile.

47 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Yes, apparently a shoulder injury. I was going to joke that he lost his smile.

Well, he was wearing an ass-load of kinesio-tape in his match against Joe, so I guess it caught up to him. I guess we will find out soon enough how serious it is? Shoulder injuries can be bad, bad things.

• Like 1