DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/6 - 6/12/2022

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Oh my God Maryse looked amazing tonight. You watch Miz & Mrs and it's impossible to hate either of them no matter what they do. I know I shouldnt have laughed as hard as I did, but the whole average sized balls bit had me laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That Judgment Day thing was premature. The group like just started. 

This roster really has no depth. No one is getting elevated and getting over really. They fired everyone after anointing Roman, and now there's virtually no one left to face him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

That's true.  As much as I enjoyed this angle taking a hard right turn, it seems too early to kill Edge's heel run just when it looked like he was starting to have fun.

The biggest and dumbest problem with this angle is that you are removing the person who actually got the pin at Hell in a Cell.   If the group lost and Edge was pinned then it would make more sense that they would want a better leader.    Why would you want to replace someone with someone that lost to the person you are removing.

Yes it is good that we might get more NXT Balor and not smiling/goofy Balor but still dumb

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Oh my God Maryse looked amazing tonight. You watch Miz & Mrs and it's impossible to hate either of them no matter what they do. I know I shouldnt have laughed as hard as I did, but the whole average sized balls bit had me laughing.

I turned the women's 4-way on last night, then caught a minute or two of Miz and Mrs. while I finished answering an email.  Apparently, Miz's mother-in-law has lived with him for eight years.  

I love my mother-in-law.  We have a great relationship and she's welcome to stay with us any time she wants for as long as she wants.  Unless, y'know, she wants to stay for eight years or something.  And the show seemed to be implying the Miz-in-law is a whole lot less pleasant than my mom-in-law.

Miz is a better man than I am.  He's a better man than you are.  It's a shame internet fans will always find some reason to crap on him because he seems like the perfect guy to represent the company "in the real world".  It's surprising that he makes for a great chickenshit heel and a bland babyface 'cause that seems like a 180 from his normal personality.

Supposedly, the second run of Miz and Morrison came about because Miz lobbied Vince to pair them back up.  Apparently, Miz thought Morrison would end up chilling in catering otherwise.   

• Like 2

I liked that the turn happened in an angle for Finn and not during the match at the PPV. I've never understood the logic of fighting with someone for 15 minutes and then turning heel on your partners.

Also, how many decent matches has Edge had since coming back in 2020? I can only think of two. The triple threat at Mania and the greatest match ever with Orton. 

It's not been a good run, but I wasn't huge on a lot of Edge's singles work before he retired either. 

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Aren't they still using Judgement Day as the name of one of their PPVs, or is that long since done with?

A little Googleing and it turns out the last one was in 2009.

• Like 2

I miss the old calendar and names. No Way Out was February, Backlash was April, Judgment Day in May, Vengeance in July, Unforgiven in September, No Mercy in October and Armageddon in December. Glad Backlash and No Mercy was brought back.

Edge has been moved to the face side internally for Raw. Not sure how long he will be out, some superstars/wrestlers are superhuman like Okada said, so maybe few weeks or not.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I fast forward through a buncha shit.  It's Josh Briggs taking on Von Wagner and it's a HOSS BATTLE!  Nobody's punches are horrible.  Nice Fall Away Slam by Wagner. Briggs has a good big dude offense.  NICE Lariat by Briggs after Bro Country CHEATS!  BRIGGS WINS!  Santos Escobar gets to be Dean Malenko to Nathan Frazer's Rey Misterio Jr.  Escobar hits a fucking GIGANTIC TOPE!  Tony D'Angelo is a poorman's Taz on commentary- which makes him better than the usual choades.  Picture in Picture is all about Escobar lowgrade beating on Frazer.  So Escobar is a face now, I guess.  Escobar is really channelling Dean Malenko in this match, making a whole match to set up Frazer's eventual wad of highflying. He starts with a Flying Burritto.   I'm trying to figure out if Frazer is better than Dante Martin.  He's not quite as spectacular but is better between spots.  I declare it a tie.  Frazer wins because Escobar refuses to cheat!  That was good because Escobar was a veteran guiding hand.  Tiffany Stratton and Roxanne Perez for the tournament final.  Roxanne is teeny compared to Stratton.  Who will be Solo's secret partner? (EDGE!)   Perez assumes her BIRTHRIGHT as our face in peril.  Stratton cuts her off by cutting her arm in half on the toprope. We return to Stratton having procured a Fujiwara Armbar on Perez that Perez rolls through.  She goes back to the Fujiwara Armbar.  Perez carries this match with her selling and countering Stratton;s offense.  NICE Tope  by Perez.  .Roxanne Perez is a phenomenon.  Stratton is WILDLY better than her match count would let on.  Good finish.  Roxanne Perez is fucking great.  Tiffany Stratton is gonna be fucking great.  She should go for the 24/7 title.  Gigi Dolan should join the Baddies.  Mandy Rose is a MEAN GIRL!  THEY FOUND SOMETHING FOR INDI HARWELL TO DO!  Fun!  Wendy Choo is a MEAN GIRL to TIFFANY!  FACE TURN!   Pretty Deadly!  Andre Chase!  PD are the Young Gunns of the NXT.  So much athLEETicism and bumping.  I assume Bodie comes out to help.  If not, PD will beat the life out of Andre!  Bodie shows up but the woman who is a member of Chase U gets up on the apron!  So selfless!  So much school spirit!  Being a face, he doesn't tag out to her.  PD are fucking awesome.  What a great finisher.  It's Tatum Paxley and Alba Fyre!  Alba got the elaborate entrance so we know which way this is going. Alba reels in the youngster.  Paxley has too much hair!  It gets in her way!  I don't like it!.  Alba Fyre hits a SWEET Swanton for the win.  Lash Legend is a MEAN GIRL to Alba Fyre!  So many mean girls.  Carmelo Hayes and Grayson Waller.  Solo Sikoa and.... EDGE!   Oh Apollo Crews!  I love NXT.  You bring in a name to pop the territory,  Grayson Waller is a great bumping heel.  Carmelo Hayes is good.  Apollo becomes our face in peril.   Sikoa makes the hot tag and hits the FLYING HIP ATTACK!  Waller is great reacting to a chinlock during the picture in picture.  He is then great working a headlock from Sikoa.  Hayes get a giant amount of air being launched into the ring by Sikoa.  They beat on Sikoa for a few moments.  Waller is fucking great and he procures the CRAVATE! into a Crippler Crossface.  Crews makes the hot tag.  Hayes goes up BIG for a German.  Carmelo Hayes is fucking awesome.  GREAT FINISH!  Oh man, this was like 8 times better than Raw yesterday,  That was some fun wrestling.    

• Like 3

Briggs/Wagner was a decent hoss battle.

Dug what I caught of Escobar/Frazier though I'm not into the stuff with Tony D even if it has its amusing moments.

Roxanne/Stratton developed into a nice little match. Roxanne is so damn good, and I hope she beats Mandy for the belt. Stratton might be the best out of 2.0 female trainees. She is still very raw but shows so much damn potential its ridiculous. Dug the post match segment/brawl between Roxanne/Cora/Indi and Toxic Attraction.

Chase fired up trying to kick Pretty Deadly's asses on his was great. As was the new girl trying to come and tag in. Part of me wishes WWE would say fuck it and just do proper mixed matches again

Fyre/Paxley was decent while it lasted. Dug the finish with Tatum trying to roll out of the way and Fyra giving no fucks and hitting such a far swanton.

Solo/Crews vs. Hayes/Waller was pretty darn good. Waller is a tremendous asshole and gels so well with Hayes.

Not sure about Crews returning to NXT though at least he dropped the accent and character he was before.

• Like 1

Watched NXT on a whim last night, mainly because I didn't feel like watching anything else. I was pleasantly surprised at how good of a show it was. I really liked the Rok-C (ahem ... Roxanne Perez) vs. Tiffany Stratton match, mainly because Rok-C is really, really good. 

If they're going where I think (and hope) they're going, the Great American Bash special on July 5th is looking like a great card! Crews vs Breakker, Rose vs. Rok-C, and Dolan/Jayne vs. Jade/Hartwell all look really probable for that show.

• Like 2

Next Two weeks of NXT shows were taped yesterday

Spoiler

NXT 2.0 Spoilers For 6/14 And 6/21 (Taped On 6/8)

NXT Level Up

- Quincy Elliot def. Bryson Montana

- Sloane Jacobs def. unannounced wrestler.

WWE NXT 2.0 (6/14)

- NXT Tag Team Championship: The Creed Brothers (c) def. Malik Blade & Edris Enofe.

- Indi Hartwell, Roxanne Perez and Cora Jade spoke about their upcoming match with Toxic Attraction.

- Fallon Henley (w/ Josh Briggs & Brooks Jensen) def. Tiffany Stratton.

- Bron Breakker cuts a promo backstage. Duke Hudson interrupts and tells him he has a DQ win over him from May and wants a shot at the NXT title. Bron accepted.

- Wes Lee def. Xyon Quinn.

- The Dyad (w/ Joe Gacy) def. Javier Bernal & Dante Chen.

- Joe Gacy cut a promo after.

- Tony D’Angelo has a segment with Stacks, Two Dimes and Legado del Fantasma. Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams interrupt.

- NXT Championship: Bron Breakker (c) def. Duke Hudson.

- Cameron Grimes challenged Bron for a title match at The Great American Bash on July 5. He said Bron was given more opportunities than Grimes, and while everyone recognizes Rick Steiner, no one recognizes Grimes’ dad. He credited Bron’s success on who his family is.

- Giovanni Vinci def. Guru Raa.

- Solo Sikoa’s backstage promo is interrupted by Grayson Waller.

- Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams def. Two Dimes & Stacks

- Cora Jade, Roxanne Perez & Indi Hartwell def. Toxic Attraction.

- There was an injury scare with Cora went for a cannonball senton on Gigi Dolin. She went to pick Gigi up, who did not get up on her own and Cora quickly lifted her up. Gigi was helped to the back and got cheered. She came back out later in the show but had no physical involvement, but seemed to be fine.

NXT Level Up

- Kiana James def. Brooklyn Barlow.

- Ikemen Jiro def. Ru Feng.

NXT 2.0 (6/21)

- Grayson Waller def. Solo Sikoa.

- Kayden Carter & Katana Chance def. Valentina Feroz and Yulisa Leon.

- Wes Lee talks about his hardships over the past couple of months. Trick Williams interrupted.

- Roderick Strong & Damon Kemp def. Legado del Fantasma (w/ Stacks & Two Dimes) after miscommunication between the Legados and Stacks/Two Dimes.

- Cameron Grimes def. Edris Enofe (w/ Malik Blade)

- Von Wagner def. Brooks Jensen.

- Fallon Henley and Josh Briggs checked on Brooks while Robert Stone and Sofia Cromwell joined Von Wagner on the stage.

- Alba Fyre def. Lash Legend by DQ when Lash used Alba’s bat.

- Toxic Attraction cut a promo and said “last week’s” loss was a fluke. Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez interrupted. Roxanne teased using her Breakout contract to challenge for the NXT Women’s Tag Team titles. Kayden Carter and Katana Chance interrupted and brawled with Cora and Roxanne.

- NXT North American Championship: Carmelo Hayes (c) (w/ Trick Williams) def. Tony D’Angelo (w/ Stacks, Two Dimes & Legado del Fantasma). The referee got distracted and Santos Escobar gave the brass knuckles to Hayes instead of Tony, which led to the win.

- Tony’s group and Legado stared each other down.