DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/6 - 6/12/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Bigger PLE next month with MITB.  It's one of the top 5 PLE's now.

Last year they recognized the event as one of the big 5 PLE's. Nick Khan believes it is one of the big 5.

They also upgraded the MITB event to be part of the other 4 for packages. MITB is one of the 5 PLE's included in the On Location packages, the 2022 MITB will be WWE's first event to offer the premium hospitality packages. These Ticket and travel packages include premier seating,  premium hospitality offerings, meet and greets with current WWE wrestlers and past legends.

Unless plans change, winners of both the mens and womens MITB matches get top title shots at next years WM. So if "insert Superstar here" wins the mens match.. he gets auto top title shot at next years WM.

Edited by Blue Dragon

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

Unless plans change, winners of both the mens and womens MITB matches get top title shots at next years WM. So if "insert Superstar here" wins the mens match.. he gets auto top title shot at next years WM.

This will be interesting to see play out. That's certainly how they had Cody word in the promo they did from the stadium. I know Meltzer said that it was a slip of the tongue that got past production... but that's pretty hard to believe. With how micro managed all the verbal content is, you gotta think that was said for a reason. I guess we'll find out.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, and there it is.  Cody will be out for 6 months.  

So, pencil him in for the big surprise return at the '23 Rumble. 

Unless this is one of those “say 6 months when they think it will be 3” deals 

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Unless this is one of those “say 6 months when they think it will be 3” deals 

There really isn't any word beyond news sites saying it takes 3-6 months to heal. They could bring him back earlier, but it would be smarter to just go ahead and pencil in Cody as the Rumble winner for the men. Since it would smarter then yeah probably the earliest time possible in that window opposed the full 6 months. WWE likes to make things harder on themselves.

I fast forwarded through the Cody part (I'm getting old and must cherish EACH REMAINING SECOND!) but I notice that Seth Rollins attacked him at the end.  See you in December, you beautifully crazy motherfucker.  Dana Brookes!  Why not?  And it's Becky Lynch.  Ah, the 24/7 title!  Bigtime Becks is wrestling for the 24/7 title!  WWE IS THE BIGGEST INDIE IN THE WORLD!  I bet Asuka pin Brookes before Becks does.  Ah, they avoid the whole 24/7 title fiasco by having Asuka cheat to help Brookes win.  That could have been stupider and thus, more fun.  It's the Usos again.  They wrestle 700 times a year now.  The Street Profits!  I await Montez Ford to be a top five highflier in the world that nobody acknowledges.  Angelo Dawkins is out face in peril.  FLYING HIP ATTACK!  Dawkins takes an ass beating like a KING.  Angelo Dawkins SMOKES Montez Ford with a fucking GIGANTIC Tope Con Hilo- which is all the greater because Dawkins is a fat man!  Ford then acquits himself by hitting a ridiculously high Frogsplash.  Usos get counted out.  That's  a better finish than what I'm used to.  That was good.  Veer Mahan is going up against Dominic Misterio!  This will eat up a few minutes.  And it does!  Oh this is going to another segment.  Veer hits a nice Psicosis bump to the ringpost.  Dominic hits a nice Frogsplash.  Nice Lariat by Mahan.  Rey Rey saves his son.  The feud continues!  And the new member of the Judgement Day IS..... Finn Balor?  Whaaaaa? THEN THEY ALL TURN ON EDGE!  So Russo got his old job back?  I'm wondering who the face is in this. I've fast forwarded through this whole Judgement Day thing since the beginning so I don;t actually know how I'm supposed to feel about this. I guess Edge is off to make Money Plane 2.  Otis and Ezekiel have a match!  Ezekiel pins Otis rather quickly,    Jesus, a fucking FOUR-WAY?  Why not just make it a tequila bottle on a pole match.  Rhea Ripley has moved from being the new Akira Hokuto to becoming the new Vader. I'm glad they appear to be positioning Ripley for a title shot.  Double D crushes Liv Morgan offhandedly on the outside.  They do four way things.  Double D crushes Alexa Bliss.  Nice Lyger Bomb by Double D.  Super Superplex onto Rhea Ripley!  So I guess she isn't getting a title shot. Bliss and Morgan do a fun rolling roll-up thingy.  SWEET Michinoku Driver by Double D.  She is the all star of this whole episode.  Riptide by Rhea Ripley and maybe she is getting a title shot.  That was fun for a stinkin four way.  That was a perfectly fine episode of RAW.  

• Like 2

Asuka screwed Becky.

Cena is coming back. 20 years of Cena.

Maryse Booba.

Wtf at Judgment Day? Kinda Russoish. Finn joined but they all betrayed Edge?

Rhea vs Bianca (c) for the Raws women title at MITB.

Judgment Day swerve laying out Edge, not keen on that whereas I was Finn Balor joining. Need Balor to be carried to the ring ala Bad Luck Fale did to TAFKA Prince Devitt.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Hell of a opening segment with Cody. Seth almost had me going for a minute that he respected him. Seth should be able to coast off putting Cody on the shelf for a little while.

I can't believe they put Becky in a 24/7 match. At least it will progress the Becky/Asuka feud, but still.

Oh my God Maryse looked amazing tonight. You watch Miz & Mrs and it's impossible to hate either of them no matter what they do. I know I shouldnt have laughed as hard as I did, but the whole average sized balls bit had me laughing.

Poor Ciampa just coming out to do a random run in for no reason. It was like something from the video game where a random person comes out to attack you.

Uso's vs. Profits was a good match. Glad they won (i hate these stupid contender matches) even if it was by count out. But this should be a good title match hopefully for the MITB show.

I have to admit The Judgement Day swerve was a good one. It was random, but good. Anything to get Balor from being a happy go lucky guy on tv.

The women's 4 way was pretty good. I figured it was a given Rhea was winning since they really put over the group strong earlier in the hour. I was impressed by Rhea doing the riptide to Doudrop. Rhea vs. Bianca should be a good match.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

So Cody wins the Rumble and challenges Rollins for one of belts at Mania? Sounds good to me. 

Happy for Balor. Hope it lasts a while for him.

Unless it's Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns.

I think it'll be Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins IV and Roman Reigns vs. The Rock. Does Cody win the WWE Championship as that's the belt Dusty never held or ends Reigns' long WWE Universal Championship reign? If Roman still has both, Cody does both at the same time. 

Edited by The Natural

Raw was mostly background noise for me.

The Cody segment was fine, but someone other than Seth should have been used. No one wants to see a fourth match between these two any time soon.

Becky/Dana was a segment in reality. It was ok I guess. I don't want Becky to be bogged down by the 24/7 stuff, and I like Asuka continuing to troll Becky. 

What I caught of Profits/Usos looked fine, and I dug the finish. I'm looking forward more to the actual title match which hopefully gets decent time on a ple/ppv.

The Judgement Day stuff seemed very dumb and does nothing to make me ant to see more of them despite liking everyone involved. The style and design at least made sense with Edge as the lead. 

I had no idea what the main event was until it actually happened. It was the only match that had my full attention and was good. Dug Doudrop and Rhea acting as monsters with Liv and Alexa being underdogs having to team up half the time. Glad Rhea won. The match with Bianca has the potential to be fantastic.

On one hand the whole Judgement Day turning on Edge bit was abrupt by wrestling standards, but I can easily see edge talking like that all the time and the others just deciding that anything else would be preferable to that.

Seriously though while their entrance and aesthetic has always been fine the promos have been bad, arguably career worst stuff from Edge with in recent weeks him having to go to frequent basic out of gimmick cheap heat comments to try and keep the crowd engaged. I'd rather support WWE going "this isn't working, let's change it" than force it for several more months. Granted it's probably more along the lines of "well if Cody's gone we need some sort of face presence, let's go with Edge" but still, likely an improvement.

Finally someone in Creative earned their paycheck.  Totally did not expect the heel turn from Finn.  It will be interesting to see what they do with Edge from here, and if he starts on a path of redemption by begging forgiveness from AJ and Liv.

Hopefully since Priest is like ten feet tall, we will finally get as close as we can in the WWE to Devitt's Bullet Club entrance in NJPW when Fale carried Prince out on his shoulders.

FUnYiRfWYAIymBB?format=jpg&name=large

What does a liar do when he's knocked the fuck out?  

He lies still.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

the whole Judgment day thing feels like a waste to me. The new music, entrance, look, etc for Edge just to have a 3 month heel run. now will he just come back with the old music as babyface Edge again. 

Enjoyed the Cody opening promo and hoped the Seth respect bit was legit this time, but of course it's a never ending feud. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

the whole Judgment day thing feels like a waste to me. The new music, entrance, look, etc for Edge just to have a 3 month heel run. now will he just come back with the old music as babyface Edge again. 

Enjoyed the Cody opening promo and hoped the Seth respect bit was legit this time, but of course it's a never ending feud. 

Agree with all this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

This is pretty much par for the course for any tag team or stable that's been in modern WWE, save for New Day and Bloodline.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

That's true.  As much as I enjoyed this angle taking a hard right turn, it seems too early to kill Edge's heel run just when it looked like he was starting to have fun.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Well....it's The Edge Show....doing 7 turns a night!

In all seriousness, he's done at least 4 since he came back right?

Somewhere around 3. He "turned" for the Wrestlemania triple threat with Roman and Bryan, but the audience never quite accepted it so he was treated as a babyface next time he popped back up.