DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 6/3/2022

5 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

FUa6bbWWQAA_qy4?format=jpg

So it's either winner of Battle Royal who then beats Jon Moxley on AEW Dynamite next week vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi or Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi. LOL if serial choker Hirooki Goto beats Tanahashi. Goto vs. Battle Royal winner who then beats Moxley or Goto vs. Mox means there's no way Goto wins nor should he.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I love the idea of insert promos but maybe more for Dark than Dynamite/Rampage which tend to be all action. Plus, have the promo be smaller than the action. It should be the picture-in-picture not the picture-in-picture.

Ha, ya probably don't need a graphic explaining 'Earlier Today' either. The lack of promos on Dark/Elevation is a missed rep opportunity that would also make those shows a shit ton better.

• Like 2

I'm sure the idea sounded good in TK's head, and honestly its not a bad format overall, but the commentators not knowing what was going on + the rushed announcement during the end of a exciting wrestling match was a bad way to go about. I sometimes make fun of WWE for using those full screen graphics to explain the rules of the Royal Rumble or something but this is one of those times that needed a quiet moment, a big graphic, and someone speaking in a normal tone to go over it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that Khan is going the UFC route with interim titles when the champ is hurt. Totally different than the traditional pro wrestling route although the dual IC titles that lead to the Ladder match at Wrestlemania lead to a great match. I just hope the unification match is NOT a ladder match in this case. 

Can Punk be back in 3 months? Becomes the natural main event come Labor Day

54 minutes ago, w. josh said:

If they don't refer to the winner as the AEW Interim World Champion Eliminator Series Interim World Champion, what was it all for?

They really should be having these matches inside a Steel Eliminator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wait till you see how loud the people obsessing about the weird parasocial folks are getting. 

You really can't pass up any chance to be a dick, can you?

• Like 1

blah blah gimmick poster blah

???

If I'm going to double post and edit it I might as well have fun...

Edited by christopher.annino

3 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

You really can't pass up any chance to be a dick, can you?

You realize you can quote the people you're shitting on and deal with them directly or just block them instead of filling multiple threads with posts not naming names and patting yourself on the back, right? 

Anyway, everyone who says stuff you don't care for is a gimmick poster. Carry on with your mature and totally healthy coping. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wait till you see how loud the people obsessing about the weird parasocial folks are getting. 

Wait till you see how loud the people talking about the people obsessing about the parasocial folks are getting.

woof, I’m dizzy.

• Haha 4

I’m a day late, grumpy, and drunk. This show was not really for me.

Opener was the definition of a spotfest with no story. Independently, some great stuff. Context? Cero. Hardys and JE? Entero miedo.

Hobbs and Starks wrestled, I think, it was over very fast and I was pissed because they’re more interesting than the 4 teams in the opener.

Athena-Kiera was a match that happened. I don’t recall anything that stood out other than Hogan’s pathetic strikes. Kiera Hogan doesn’t win on Dark. Athena, if you’re trying to push her, should squash that. I don’t know, I’m grumpy and drunk.

I must have missed when Punk actually relinquished the belt. There’s meaning in the MJF fucking awful promo on Wednesday and Punk only naming Danielson and Moxley as worthy. Ham handed storytelling, but will lead to mostly good wrestling and a flurry of fantasy booking.

Dante-Scorpio saved the show. Announcers put Dante over, they told a story, stayed mostly grounded making Dante’s big flashy moments really stand out. Big (not so) subtle moment with Ethan Page being pissed at the SCU chant. They’re still building to something with Page and Sky, I’ll give it a moment since apparently it’s the World Title that’s getting the hard reset.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:33 PM, evidence said:

I'm all in for more Kiera Hogan on my TV screen 

You’ll need to pay for those special channels to see much more Kiera Hogan on your TV

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JLowe said:

“Hears Kate Bush on ‘Stranger Things’ once”

Appreciate the reference. Big fan of Kate Bush. Running Up That Hill has always been my favourite song of her's long before finding out it released in 1985, the year I was born. Placebo do a fantastic cover.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

What a fantastic debut for Athena! Nice shining moment for Kiera as well. Tho brief, this is the second underwhelming Stokely promo for a guy said to be 'great on the stick'. Would've prefered to hear Kiera's beautiful shittalk. Loved Jade's anxiety post-match. Loved Bucks-Luchaz. Condolences to those with no capacity for enjoyment of such a beautiful aerial assault. Punk's out, oh well. Due to the presumed abundance of overbooking/interference, I was never a booster for an MJF title run, but I find myself wondering if it's not the best route. Not a fan at all of a worked over Battle Royal winner fighting Moxley on the same night. The bye seems silly. Scorpio-Dante was good. Tho not as worth the derision of ppl getting booed and working babyface, Scorpio feels out of place as a heel. I wanna buy him as a hard ass, but he just seems far too happy-go-lucky. He also feels better suited for tag wrestling. His matches are solid enough that I won't register that as a complaint, but it feels like there are so many better choices/more interesting upward mobile characters on this roster that could benefit from a TNT title run. Dear AEW, can Ethan Page wrestle a little more?  

Agreed on all of this, especially the underwhelming.   Bringing nothing that Smart Mark wasn't already doing a good job at IMO. I support more Kiera, in ring and on mic.

• Like 1