DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 6/3/2022

15 minutes ago, (BP) said:

They don’t cut to the booth that often, so we wouldn’t have to look at his Sid the Sloth-looking ass. 

R.40f37460a10515262ca25261df0f69ab?rik=W

Can't unsee that now. I'm here sniggering like Muttley. Cheers, @(BP).

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, caley said:

As I mentioned in the WWE TV thread, Fox ran an episode of Masterchef with Gordon Ramsay this week with WWE Superstars and the wrestlers involved were Miz/Maryse, Dolph Ziggler, Natalya and...Ember Moon. Nice timing for AEW, for the episode to run this week after her debut with them. (Apparently it was taped all the way back in 2019 but just aired this week, hence why they would have someone so long gone from WWE on the show!)

Athena chimes in.

https://twitter.com/AthenaPalmer_FG/status/1533088799411953666

• Like 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Shades of Sami Zayn fucking up his shoulder on his WWE Raw debut ☹️

Also I love somebody saying "TK please stop with these interim titles" when it's happened ONCE before. It's like people create a different reality in their head so they can be angry or annoyed at complete fucking strangers ?

It's the third interim champion he has booked since January (TNT title, ROH Women's title, and now AEW World title).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not happy he's injured, at all, but I am happy he won't be around the world title scene for a bit.  I wasn't a fan of him winning over Hangman, at all, as it felt like Hangman had more in his run and the rug was pulled out from under him.  

Young Bucks/Lucha Bros delivered and boy did they deliver.

Hogan/Athena was awesome.  Athena is so damn good and I don't know if it was just me, but she just seems THAT much smoother than 90% of the women's roster.  Going to be excited to see her and Cargill finally get at one another.

I fell asleep sadly before Sky/Martin, so I'll have to check up on that later, but I can't imagine that match would be bad, I'm high on both Martin/Sky.  I do have to ask, is there a reason that Ethan Page barely wrestles?  I'm not hopping on the "bloated roster" bandwagon, but Page should be having matches here and there and it seems like outside of the Trios match at DON and the match with Mox when Mox first came back, he's had no other matches.  (If I'm wrong, please let me know, im not as up to date on Dark/Elevation, i catch it when I can).

I feel like all signs are pointing to Moxley winning.  I'm not sure they'd do Danielson/Moxley again.  The fan in me wants Kingston, but as someone before said, when Kingston wins, it should be for ALL of it, not just an interim win.  That being said, it being an interim win, i don't think they'd do amything "shocking" really as interim has an "ugly connotation" as evident by the comments I've been saying on Facebook.

Side note, Wrestling Groups on Facebook are some of the most toxic fucking places I've ever seen.  You aren't allowed to be fans of "wrestling" in general, you have to pick your side and defend it until your dying breath, it's horrible.

AEW is so exciting right now, just for the sheer unpredictability of it.

• Like 4

I saw the Punk bit and thought "Okay, they're putting the title on ice, not a bad idea. Gives everybody else more room to breathe, maybe elevate some titles, give some people some play." 

Then I came on here. *sigh*

Anyway, I also watched the Athena match. That was a LOT of rope-running. And, yes, a lot of booty. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dewar said:

It's the third interim champion he has booked since January (TNT title, ROH Women's title, and now AEW World title).

Did Tony decide the ROH Women's title? Hell, Gresham and Bandido both had claim to the ROH Men's and that was pre-TK. 

Edit! Yeah I remember now Martinez was interim until they could get a match with Deonna. What else were they supposed to do? 

Edited by christopher.annino

Athena brings to the table, as much as anything else, her reactions to things. The little brush off the shoulder, the sitting on the ropes as Jade and co was walking away. If the wrestler cares what happens in the ring, if they react to it, if they're cocky about it, if they're pleased by it or upset over it, the fans will care too. That's generally how it works and it matters a lot more than hitting spots.

That Dante vs Sky match looked like it was good with some huge moments from Dante but the announcers could barely pay any attention to it given the Punk announcement. Jericho was outright amazed that Dante was only 21.

I love the idea of insert promos but maybe more for Dark than Dynamite/Rampage which tend to be all action. Plus, have the promo be smaller than the action. It should be the picture-in-picture not the picture-in-picture.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
11 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I can disagree with a storytelling decision or have fun thinking of what I enjoy seeing and it not involve getting mad at a stranger. 

I'd only get upset if someone thinks Powerhouse Hobbs yeeting people into the third row wouldn't be fun.

16 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I can disagree with a storytelling decision or have fun thinking of what I enjoy seeing and it not involve getting mad at a stranger. 

I think the weird parasocial folk on here are in the vast minority, although they are LOUD. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

If Hogan's hips and tailbone turned to powder just from the legdrop,

That’s his line. Hogan packed too much muscle on his frame without actually being physically fit. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

Watch the entrance again, he’s messing with his foot when FTR come out, then has a limp down the aisle. 

Just rewatched it. And I think I pinpointed the exact moment of injury. So when he dives into the crowd his left leg doesn't even go into the crowd. He's smiling. He's laughing. Shit is fine. When he goes back over the rail he lands on his left foot only, because his right leg is hungup in the rail. He kind of no sells it but you can tell waiting on the ramp something's up. And he does fiddle with it as FTR come out.

I'm pretty sure him coming down awkwardly on one foot leaving the railing is what caused the problem now. Ligament or bone damage from that alone probably wouldn't require surgery. Just be annoying. Be then he jammed that same foot again on the botched springboard. Which now in retrospect was probably botched because of the foot being janky. Jamming the foot like that definitely could have broken bones or torn ligaments.

Talk about a freak accident. To me it's pretty much a lock Tanahashi wins the interim title at the PPV tho. You make New Japan happy by giving them a big win over an AEW guy at the joint show. You make the fans happy seeing a top tier New Japan guy more often. You still get the Punk vs Tanahashi match when Punk is cleared. It's win-win-win. It's definitely a weird structure to get there tho. I figure if you were gonna run Mox vs Tanahashi... just announce that match. Why the song & dance? They may have Mox penciled in for something already and the battle royal is the way to throw in someone random without messing with the rankings too much.

• Like 2

wow @ the world title news.

lots of people calling for them to put the strap on the biggest star. Jon Moxley. Bryan Danielson ( @The NaturalREALLY wants AmDrag to win the title, in case you didn't notice). i disagree. Since this is "only" an interim title, now's the time to be experimental. put it on somebody you don't expect (Pac? Andrade? Miro?) or somebody still rising the ranks. (Darby? Wardlow?) alternatively, i really like @NoFistsJustFlips's idea for Tanahashi to win the title. 

edit: did anybody else notice the guy with the "Garvin Stomp" t-shirt? 

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

FUa6bbWWQAA_qy4?format=jpg

So it's either winner of Battle Royal who then beats Jon Moxley on AEW Dynamite next week vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi or Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi. LOL if serial choker Hirooki Goto beats Tanahashi. Goto vs. Battle Royal winner who then beats Moxley or Goto vs. Mox means there's no way Goto wins nor should he.

Edited by The Natural