DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 6/3/2022

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I mentioned it in The Dynamite thread but he definitely tweaked his foot on the botched springboard. Not diving in the crowd. He started limping after the botched dive. And was fiddling with his foot and rolled up his kickpad right after the pin. The had his shoe off on his foot in that post show pic with FTR drinking the beers.

But I think this is more cleaver promotion and not him relinquishing the title or anything major. I think it's obvious the discourse from this board gets back to TK and he's just subverting our expectations. Or at least the vocal minority that claims 'hE's DoInG ThiS On PuRPose'.

When we get interim champion Adam Cole, I’m holding it against you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Well this is a mess.  Punk didnt say he would drop the title.  Then Jericho said he must.  Then SRS on Twitter said he did.  Then Alvarez said he didn't.  Now we know that it was dropped

I need another drink ?

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 2

Man, the Ontario crowd is MOLTEN!  PENTA pisses off everyone on the BOARD!  I did not know that Matt Jackson is the older one.   Just like the Hardys!   PENTA wins the highest spot contest with a fucking HUGE Tope Con Hilo.  Rey Fenix is in second with a BEAUTIFUL Corkscrew Plancha.  In Picture In Picture, PENTA crushes the groin of Nick Jackson and IT'S FUN!  Matt hits a Locomotion Northern Lights Suplex and then Northern Lights Suplexes BOTH Lucha Brothers!  So cool.  Okay, Fenix wins the night with a total lunatic Super Calo/Shiryu Tope.  Great nearfall after a baffling complex spot where PENTA ends up taking a Poison Rana from Fenix.  Spectacular stuff until the Superkicks take over.  This match is awesome.  GREAT FINISH!  That was a great match though I'm assuming the usual suspects will hate it for obvious reasons. .There was ALOT crammed into this match.  What a great match.  Hey!  I think that was Ju Dizz who got slaughtered by Hobbs.  Kiera Hogan is accompanied by the Baddies.  Athena has the greatest jacket in the history of jackets!  Kiera Hogan got the Toni Storm Memo.  Red Velvet CHEATS!  Athena takes the Rampage Picture In Picture beating. NICE dropkick by Athena.  More Red Velvet CHEATING!  This match is fucking great.  Athena looks fucking great.  Crazy finisher by Athena.  GREAT reaction from Jade Cragill.  That was fucking great.  That was the best Kiera Hogan match I've seen, better than her matches as IMPACT! tag champion.  CM Punk ISN'T vacating the belt?  He is vacating the title?  What?  I'm confused.  (Jericho clears it up.  Sorta.)  Anyway, I'm glad he isn't retiring or anything.  Matt Sydel is the best ON THE STICK!  WHO IMAGINED THAT?   Can Scorpio carry Dante Martin half as well as Danielson?  Is Scorpio a man who can carry anyone like Jay Lethal?  After Picture In Picture,  Martin OPTS to Kick in with SPECTACULARNESS~!  THIS match is fucking great.  So he isn't giving up the belt but there will be an interim champion.  I love this bullshit,.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Ugh, they’re doing the two champions thing? 

They did it because Cody missed one show because of close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID. So now they better do it for everything barring a retirement or an unceremonious firing. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

Just now, Octopus said:

Ugh, they’re doing the two champions thing? 

YES! Now they can drop the belt at Forbidden Door and have a unification match at the Tokyo Dome or something.,

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well this is a mess.  Punk didnt say he would drop the title.  Then Jericho said he must.  Then SRS on Twitter said he did.  Then Alvarez said he didn't.  Now we know that it was dropped

I need another drink ?

And they got to stop just announcing major shit in the middle matches. Also, who the fuck was Excalibur apologizing too?