NXT In Your House XXX - 6/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Oh hey a Premium Live Event™!

THE CARD:  

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP (DQ RULE WAIVED) - Bron Breakker (c) vs. Joe Gacy

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Mandy Rose (c) vs. Wendy Choo

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - Cameron Grimes (c) vs. Carmelo Hayes 

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Pretty Deadly (c) vs. The Creed Brothers

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Toxic Attraction (c) vs. Katana Chance and Kayden Carter

LOSERS MUST JOIN WINNING STABLE - Legado Del Fantasma (Escobar / Del Toro / Wilde) vs. The Wiseguys (D'Angelo / Lorenzo / Donovan) 

--

This definitely seems like one of those "all champs retain" shows.  But TA losing the Women's Tag straps seems like the best chance for a swap, if it happens. 

It's amazing how much NXT has made me miss the fake woke Joe Gacy gimmick over the past couple of months. Bron should go over here, Gacy is a good enough and experienced enough worker to be a good foil for Bron. Kinda wish this was a spot for someone like Roderick Strong as an experience builder for Bron, but this will be fine and overbooked and I'll hate the overbooking.

The whole of Toxic Attraction have to be close to being called up at this point - two fairly large roster spots are opened up and they're the most TV ready group of women in the promotion. I don't think Wendy Choo is the woman to take the belt off Mandy, but I really like a switch to Kayden/Katana. Not sure who the next challengers are after that, though. Rose/Choo should be very good.

Grimes/Hayes one on one should be very good as well, and a title change here wouldn't surprise me. It's hard to tell if Hayes and Williams are going to be heading up post-Summerslam or not, but they're pretty good candidates. Hayes's gimmick translates well to the big stage, Cameron Grimes does not. I can see them putting the belt back on Hayes to elevate someone else Summerslam weekend or keeping it on Grimes to give some stability to the title.

Pretty Deadly/Creeds has a decent chance of being match of the night and I expect Pretty Deadly to retain so they can cement the Creeds face turn vs. Roderick Strong. It actually feels like all of the Diamond Mine folks are likeable and I kinda expect the resolution to this angle is all of them kicking Strong out. Decent chance that within a year of the group starting, everyone that was in the initial Diamond Mine group will likely be out of it (and most of them out of the company entirely).

I don't care about the family feud. Santos is languishing in NXT at this point and probably either needs to be called up or released.

Should be a pretty good show as usual. NXT has a great track record of delivering on these events, even when the cards are a little lackluster.

Legado vs. D'Angelo and co. was pretty darn good and made me feel sorry for the matches that ran after it as it took a while for the crowd to fully come alive again.

Gigi/Jacy vs. Katana/Kayden was nice though I feel like they have an even better match between them with both teams getting better and better.

Hayes/Grimes was solid though I'm disappointed with the result. Hayes doesn't need the belt and is ready to move on to either challenging Bron or the main roster. To be fair Grimes is probably ready for that as well.

Mandy/Wendy built up into a pretty solid match.

Creeds vs. Pretty Deadly was damn good stuff and probably MOTN for me. Julius busting out the SSP was unexpected and awesome.

Bron/Gacy was far better than their first match with the crowd really getting into it. Had the overbooking that was expected, but it worked out well enough.

Good show overall.

• Like 2

Great show. All matches were good to great. I love that NXT can still do this even after becoming 2.0. Though I do miss when they made every event out to be a HUGE DEAL during the "1.0" time, or whatever.

I have to figure it's time for Cameron Grimes to jump to the main roster. But countdown to him becoming a male model in the Max Dupree stable. 5, 4, 3, 2...

• Like 1