DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFS

So Al Getz started a thread about people bitching about too many belts that the above picture if from.  It got into various titles and the other designations of champions including trophies and championship jackets like it was the masters or some shit.  Learn about the nwa tidewater title! Thread below.

I want the next FTR championship won to be Ribera style satin jackets.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

It's just amazing to think that the pale one with the lazy eye and no body presence is the wrestler that went on to international stardom and fame.

Not only that, but he was the "hot tag" guy in the team

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
6 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

No idea who that is.  I’d guess Kevin Owens, but the beard is too well-groomed.

It's Rick Rubin. Some folks are being a SILLY GOOSE. lol

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

It's Rick Rubin. Some folks are being a SILLY GOOSE. lol

I haven’t heard that name in 20 years, lol.  Not coincidentally, I haven’t bought an album or cd by anyone not named Springsteen in at least 20 years,  never was into rap, metal, etc.

yeah, I feel old now.  If anyone needs me, I’ll be over in the corner decaying further. 

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I haven’t heard that name in 20 years, lol.  Not coincidentally, I haven’t bought an album or cd by anyone not named Springsteen in at least 20 years,  never was into rap, metal, etc.

yeah, I feel old now.  If anyone needs me, I’ll be over in the corner decaying further. 

The concept of Rick/Reuben as alternate universe tag team champions likely would have momentarily confused the man about what exactly he was getting himself into with that Smoky Mountain Wrestling investment. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Reuben got those mortgage eyes.  One is fixed, one is variable.

If Cornette never used this line back in the day, then someone certainly needs to start using it now.  

Edited by Marcel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/29/2022 at 9:35 AM, Technico Support said:

Rick and Reuben up there looking like characters from Bop N' Wrestle.

28531-bop-n-wrestle-commodore-64-front-c

HOLY SHIT what a callback. I loved that game way too much, crappy and glitchy as it was.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

28531-bop-n-wrestle-commodore-64-front-c

HOLY SHIT what a callback. I loved that game way too much, crappy and glitchy as it was.

Thanks, man.  I'm old.  I played that in 1985 on a C64.  We figured out that you could win every match with one move and a tope rope splash.  Any time I see old pics of dudes who look more like plumbers or landscapers than wrestlers, and they're wearing legless singlets, I think of this game. 

I need to figure out a way to reference Epyx Championship Wrestling next, probably.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Thanks, man.  I'm old.  I played that in 1985 on a C64.  We figured out that you could win every match with one move and a tope rope splash.  Any time I see old pics of dudes who look more like plumbers or landscapers than wrestlers, and they're wearing legless singlets, I think of this game. 

What a coincidence, so did I! And you didn't even need the top rope splash... anytime you went for a pin you won. It was like if someone designed a wrestling game by basing their entire research around studio squashes.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

What a coincidence, so did I! And you didn't even need the top rope splash... anytime you went for a pin you won. It was like if someone designed a wrestling game by basing their entire research around studio squashes.

Fitting since all wrestlers in the game look like Crockett studio job guys!  I'm just sad nobody in wrestling has stolen the full nelson into an atomic drop move.  That's so innovative, you'd think Nova or Kanyon would have done it at least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1