DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFS

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

On the one hand I give him credit for getting into shape like this. On the other, toned WALTER still feels wrong and is somehow less intimidating in the ring. At least until he chops someone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

On the one hand I give him credit for getting into shape like this. On the other, toned WALTER still feels wrong and is somehow less intimidating in the ring. 

I'll let you tell him that.

• Haha 5

FVYiJtlXoAYHUtD?format=jpg&name=medium

Haven't said this in a while so allow me to. I still fucking hate the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. The look of the whole thing, the shape of the main plate, the main plate is too small, the strap is too big, the side plates are too big. Fuckin' dreadful.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

On the one hand I give him credit for getting into shape like this. On the other, toned WALTER still feels wrong and is somehow less intimidating in the ring. At least until he chops someone. 

I respectfully disagree. Both versions are equally intimidating, but each in their own way. WALTER has the look of someone who steamrolls opponents and overpowers them,  GUNTHER seems like a guy who can wear you out and sadistically pick you apart.

He carries himself in a way that makes me worried for his opponents. 

Also, people need to go back and watch that Survivor Series Match Walter was on a few years back. He was facing Drew McIntyre and both looked the same height, but Drew looked physically more impressive.

I'm a huge Walter fan and considering among at least the top 3 wrestlers in the world at the moment on any given day and my personal best in the world on most days. 

But Walter won't be towering over the star guys in WWE, who are all also around 6'3'' or 6'4''. Being in shape might just prevent him from being the New Year's Baby, a dancing bafoon or both. 

Plus it looks not enhanced in a worrying way, making me think it is possibly better for his health than his earlier look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

FVYiJtlXoAYHUtD?format=jpg&name=medium

Haven't said this in a while so allow me to. I still fucking hate the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. The look of the whole thing, the shape of the main plate, the main plate is too small, the strap is too big, the side plates are too big. Fuckin' dreadful.

I wouldn't say it's awful itself, my problem is that it replaced the best belt design of all time.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship belt | Inside Pulse

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, eikerir said:

I wouldn't it's awful itself, my problem is that it replaced the best belt design of all time.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship belt | Inside Pulse

A big reason why I hate the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship replacing perfection in the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V4. That's in the WWF Winged Eagle Championship and Big Gold Tier 1 of wrestling belts.

• Like 1

What was the lucha show where somebody (Jerry Estrada?) came out with some kind of big cat and then they set off pyro and the cat freaked out?  Because that was awesome.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

What was the lucha show where somebody (Jerry Estrada?) came out with some kind of big cat and then they set off pyro and the cat freaked out?  Because that was awesome.

Maybe Blue Panther? Pretty sure he came out with a live panther at one of the first Triplemanias.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Maybe Blue Panther? Pretty sure he came out with a live panther at one of the first Triplemanias.

It was Jerry Estrada!

Please don't tell my boss I spent the last two hours looking for this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1