DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Discussion

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not sure about the US but I think the combination of working in Germany plus with Austin meant he was going to give it his all.  He adored both so I can see him wanting to make sure it was a win for all involved.

Also surprised to see a submission loss by Austin didn't think that happened until he wrestled Angle 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

We need to put it in perspective here. He should absolutely be given extended time off to focus on getting better. But he didn't murder anyone. He didn't kidnap anyone. He isn't guilty of anything violent or anything involving another person being harmed in any way (luckily). So let's dial back the lifetime ban from the business stuff. This is the only job this guy has ever known. If you take that away from him do you really expect him to be happy & fulfilled enough in life to stay clean?

I'm of the opinion that staying IN wrestling is in no way helpful for his sobriety at this point. Especially him wrestling such a physically demanding style to say nothing of the TLC type matches he's known for

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
6 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Jesus that's a bit extreme... He made a very poor decision and did something ethically and morally wrong. And it's not the first time he's done it. But how does driving drunk relate to him never being able to work again? So you're saying if he goes to rehab and gets clean, he still shouldn't ever be allowed to wrestle again? Come on. Dude has an addiction issue and we all want him to get better. But all these posts about him retiring or being banned from ever working again because of it are way overboard. Where's this same energy for Jimmy Uso who is guilty of the exact same thing (3 DUIs in 10 years)?

We need to put it in perspective here. He should absolutely be given extended time off to focus on getting better. But he didn't murder anyone. He didn't kidnap anyone. He isn't guilty of anything violent or anything involving another person being harmed in any way (luckily). So let's dial back the lifetime ban from the business stuff. This is the only job this guy has ever known. If you take that away from him do you really expect him to be happy & fulfilled enough in life to stay clean?

I realize you say you're not commenting on this again, but I want people to think about this.

He's a 45 year old man. What exact prospects does he have to keep wrestling, and why exactly should anyone be thinking about that right now?

Much less that he's a 45 year old man with a recurring addiction problem that has existed for close to 20 years?

Exactly how much of a future does he have even if he gets clean and comes back? Why start that cycle all over again?

My mind can't process the thought of anyone so anxious to get him to come back into wrestling days after finding out he's yet again having sobriety issues.

Nobody should give a damn about when Jeff Hardy's wrestling his next match. People should be giving a damn about if Jeff Hardy can live a happy life. Anything else is inconsequential.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

According to the new BTS, there was a 1991 match in ST Louis with Sting and PN News over Hansen and Muta

I can see that the sentence is written in English. I understand the individual words and names. However, I'm not quite sure that anything you've written here makes sense. 

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jeff out for a signing/appearance the night he was booked? I could've sworn I saw Matt posting a picture of him and D-Von and Jeff on Sunday night. If that's the case...why didn't someone stop Jeff from getting bombed and why didn't Matt have Jeff ride with him?

The arrest actually happened the following morning.  TMZ had the timestamped police videos.   Reby posted video of her and Matt walking Jeff to his hotel room on Sunday night after the signing event, then this all happened Monday morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

The arrest actually happened the following morning.  TMZ had the timestamped police videos.   Reby posted video of her and Matt walking Jeff to his hotel room on Sunday night after the signing event, then this all happened Monday morning.

Matt should've taken the car keys. Even if it meant waiting for Jeff to fall asleep.

I know this story has pierced the wrestling bubble~! now since Cindy the Wrestling Hater was asking me about him last night.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

According to the new BTS, there was a 1991 match in ST Louis with Sting and PN News over Hansen and Muta

Hopefully ending within 30 seconds by DQ due to Muta blinding PN News with mist while Hansen screamed “DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!” 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I realize you say you're not commenting on this again, but I want people to think about this.

He's a 45 year old man. What exact prospects does he have to keep wrestling, and why exactly should anyone be thinking about that right now?

Much less that he's a 45 year old man with a recurring addiction problem that has existed for close to 20 years?

Exactly how much of a future does he have even if he gets clean and comes back? Why start that cycle all over again?

My mind can't process the thought of anyone so anxious to get him to come back into wrestling days after finding out he's yet again having sobriety issues.

Nobody should give a damn about when Jeff Hardy's wrestling his next match. People should be giving a damn about if Jeff Hardy can live a happy life. Anything else is inconsequential.

Sadly I think he'll have no trouble getting booked somewhere if he wants. We where just talking about a 70 year old Flair having his latest farewell match

9 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Hopefully ending within 30 seconds by DQ due to Muta blinding PN News with mist while Hansen screamed “DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!” 

Only if he used the rarely seen orange mist, which, oddly enough, takes away the recipient's desire to try rapping.

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Sadly I think he'll have no trouble getting booked somewhere if he wants. We where just talking about a 70 year old Flair having his latest farewell match

Oh shit I think you cracked the code and we have found Flair's opponent for Conradamania

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am gonna mention this here because I know many of you (including myself) access the WWE Network this way

Comcast will be ending the "Comcast/Xfinity subscribers get Peacock for free" benefit

No timetable when it actually will end just that it is

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

This is 3/4 of a very interesting match.  

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We apparently have very different ideas of what the word interesting means. That said, I agree that it’s 3/4 of a very good match.

Imagine if the had Pillman as Sting's partner instead of News.

12 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Muta and Hansen, that’s quite the team considering the political landscape of NJPW and AJPW at the time.

I'm assuming this is during the same time period when Hansen worked WCW and had the eyeball-removing run with Vader...actually between Hansen and MVC it's kinda weird that WCW was bringing in AJPW gaijin around that time while having a working relationship with NJPW. Forbidden Door indeed ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Jeff’s license was revoked, so he shouldn’t have had access to his car keys in the first place.

I thought what I read was that he had a rental vehicle, hence why there was no breath check thingy in the vehicle.

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I thought what I read was that he had a rental vehicle, hence why there was no breath check thingy in the vehicle.

LOOOOL wait what

So if you've been sentenced to require an ignition interlock, you can just bypass that by renting a car?  That's equal parts sad and hilarious. 

EDIT: This site says when you get an interlock restriction, you get a new drivers' license that clearly spells out the restriction.  So a rental agency would see that.  But shit, it's Florida, so who knows?

Edited by Technico Support

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am gonna mention this here because I know many of you (including myself) access the WWE Network this way

Comcast will be ending the "Comcast/Xfinity subscribers get Peacock for free" benefit

No timetable when it actually will end just that it is

That’s me. Hopefully it’s just in the idea phase and won’t be implemented for a long time, if it all. I subscribe to so many services and there’s nothing on peacock that interests me other than wwe ppvs, and frankly I can live without them. 

1 minute ago, matt925 said:

That’s me. Hopefully it’s just in the idea phase and won’t be implemented for a long time, if it all. I subscribe to so many services and there’s nothing on peacock that interests me other than wwe ppvs, and frankly I can live without them. 

It's one of the cheapest services, $60/year for premium with ads, which is like the cost of one premium live event.

6 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Jeff’s license was revoked, so he shouldn’t have had access to his car keys in the first place.

According to the Fightful report:

"Regarding Jeff Hardy driving without a license, we're told that he maintained possession of a physical license and had used it to rent vehicles during his time with both WWE and AEW. We're told there hadn't been any word of that causing issues for his ability to rent cars outside of North Carolina."

• Thanks 1