DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Discussion

He's going to end up fucking around and killing someone like Sunny just did recently. 

Go get help or stay in your house doing meth, one of the two. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Case Hatch is a hell of a name too.  Which I 100% guarantee they will change 

A shame, because "Hatch as Hatch can" isrightthefuckthere!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

The Bees' mask finish is so stupid.  In kayfabe, it should be obvious to the ref that they are only putting on the masks to cheat.  Why is this not an immediate DQ?

It would be under EXTREME RULES!

But seriously, this is why real criminal codes have conspiracy to commit a crime listed as a crime. In pro wrestling, clear intent to cheat means nothing. The ref needs to see you actually do it. Heck, nowadays we've gotten to the point that swinging a steel chair at your opponent and missing doesn't draw a DQ, because you didn't actually hit them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

But seriously, this is why real criminal codes have conspiracy to commit a crime listed as a crime. In pro wrestling, clear intent to cheat means nothing. The ref needs to see you actually do it. Heck, nowadays we've gotten to the point that swinging a steel chair at your opponent and missing doesn't draw a DQ, because you didn't actually hit them.

Yep.  Shit, in the 80s, the area outside the ring was the wild west.  Chairs, ringbells, all that shit was legal in full view of the ref as long as you got back in by the count of 10.

35 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

The exception is when a heel's buddies flood the ring to try and save the heel's title via DQ. In that case, the ref should always let the match go on as long as the heel's opponent can dodge attacks, a la Luger winning the WCW Championship from Hogan. I think it was Pee-Wee Anderson, IIRC, who called it perfectly - Luger took everyone who interfered out, so Anderson let the match go, and Luger ended up getting a submission. 

In that case, you ignore that the heel's intent was to get DQ'd and let the babyface go as long as they can before you call it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

The exception is when a heel's buddies flood the ring to try and save the heel's title via DQ. In that case, the ref should always let the match go on as long as the heel's opponent can dodge attacks, a la Luger winning the WCW Championship from Hogan. I think it was Pee-Wee Anderson, IIRC, who called it perfectly - Luger took everyone who interfered out, so Anderson let the match go, and Luger ended up getting a submission. 

In that case, you ignore that the heel's intent was to get DQ'd and let the babyface go as long as they can before you call it. 

And the announcers actually did a good job of pointing that out IIRC. I think they showed a replay and Tony pointed out that no nWo member actually did any offensive move that hurt Luger and it was clear they were trying to save Hogan's title. Anderson used referee's discretion to let the match keep going as nothing the nWo did physically gave Hogan an advantage. Now, you could argue that they were distracting Luger and giving Hogan time to recover but that was made irrelevant by Luger winning.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, onelegbrynn said:

No way he’s making Dynamite on Wednesday or being allowed to cross the border into Tijuana for AAA on Saturday.

He’s due in court tomorrow.

Wrestling is the absolute last thing one should worry about when it comes to Jeff Hardy.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

New coworker is a young excitable 18 year old. He learned I like wrestling and has multiple times told me how excited he is to wear his John Cena shirt on the weekend. He’s a good kid and bless his heart, but fuck tell me once. Let’s not have this shirt be the recurring small talk.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nofuture said:

image0-5.jpeg

WWE's new NIL class.  They better not change Thunder Keck's name.

He's gonna be Jeremiah Hofstadter and you're gonna like it pal!

7 minutes ago, Octopus said:

New coworker is a young excitable 18 year old. He learned I like wrestling and has multiple times told me how excited he is to wear his John Cena shirt on the weekend. He’s a good kid and bless his heart, but fuck tell me once. Let’s not have this shirt be the recurring small talk.

It's still real to him, dammit.

• Haha 2