DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Discussion

Apparently Chris Jericho and MVP have legit heat with each other. Got into a shouting match in a Hotel lobby last month. Although the only public statement either has made is this:

I decided to watch through all of the matches from Way of The Blade, but I'm stuck because I just keep rewatching Killer Karl Kox vs Dick Murdoch.  Fuck, this so good!  Just two lumpy guys punching each other in the cheekbones at like 85% full force and booting each other right in the forehead.  The pacing is really deliberate and everything looks really painful.  

Other highlights so far: Johnny Valentine checking all his teeth after getting pasted by Bull Curry and Spoiler putting rosin on his glove so he can apply the iron claw to Wahoo's bloody head.  Wrestling kicks ass.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

"I don't fight jobbers." - a 51 year old to a 48 year old, allegedly 

The only way this could get better is if Jericho would've said, "who'd he ever beat?" I always love when wrestlers pull that line out because of how absurd it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jericho seems to get into a lot of scraps for someone who doesn't come across as a real tough guy by pro wrestling standards. I'm sure his conditioning and even the basic grappling concepts one would acquire only studying pro wrestling probably give him a leg up on an average person, but he doesn't seem like someone who would hang with legit fighters.

He does seem exactly like the type of guy who would get into trouble running his mouth, and getting more brazen after each time he gets away with it though.

30 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Jericho seems to get into a lot of scraps for someone who doesn't come across as a real tough guy by pro wrestling standards. I'm sure his conditioning and even the basic grappling concepts one would acquire only studying pro wrestling probably give him a leg up on an average person, but he doesn't seem like someone who would hang with legit fighters.

He does seem exactly like the type of guy who would get into trouble running his mouth, and getting more brazen after each time he gets away with it though.

I wonder exactly how much he learned from Stu in the dungeon 

17 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I wonder exactly how much he learned from Stu in the dungeon 

Enough that he thought had had a chance against Lesnar?

Even if not for the ability at least the sheer chutzpah of it

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

1970s Hockey Dad.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

On this week's pod, Cornette talked about a card in which Dory Sr. and Gory Guerrero teamed. Is that the best "wrestling dad" team ever?

Trying to think of great dad AND great son/daughter and it’s prob not a huge list. Funk, Guerrero, Dusty, Flair, Armstrong., Lawler? Dundee? Orton? Afa/ Sika? riugeau? 

Not counting Japan and Lucha for the moment.

one but not both: hart, Gagne, Hennig, Jarrett, Graham, Fritz, Johnson. Poffo. 

instead of best ever one-off, I wonder what the best regular tag team dad combination?

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

Dave 'Fit' Finlay's Father and Grandfather were both wrestlers. So are his 3 children.

It's odd how WWE always pushed The Rock as the first Third generation wrestler in the company, but never bought up that Finlay and Chavo were also 3rd generation.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AxB said:

Dave 'Fit' Finlay's Father and Grandfather were both wrestlers. So are his 3 children.

It's odd how WWE always pushed The Rock as the first Third generation wrestler in the company, but never bought up that Finlay and Chavo were also 3rd generation.

They made sure to mention it for Randy Orton that's for sure, but they addressed Chavo as being part of the legendary Guerrero family, no need to say specifically 3rd generation for him.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Trying to think of great dad AND great son/daughter and it’s prob not a huge list. Funk, Guerrero, Dusty, Flair, Armstrong., Lawler? Dundee? Orton? Afa/ Sika? riugeau? 

Not counting Japan and Lucha for the moment.

one but not both: hart, Gagne, Hennig, Jarrett, Graham, Fritz, Johnson. Poffo. 

instead of best ever one-off, I wonder what the best regular tag team dad combination?

Rikishi and Haku teamed for a while in 2001. Not sure if they teamed long enough to be called regular partners tho.

11 minutes ago, porksweats said:

They made sure to mention it for Randy Orton that's for sure, but they addressed Chavo as being part of the legendary Guerrero family, no need to say specifically 3rd generation for him.

Heck, they even brought in Chavo Classic! And Taz recently riffed on that by calling himself Taz Classic.

• Like 2

Presumably, the Funks are #1 and then your choice of Guerreros, but if you don’t just count brothers …

i wonder if Prof Malenko was a regular partner of Orton Sr or Jr, either in FL or TN 

prob have go the list of all of Dusty and Flair’s partners. If only Trevor really was Murdoch’s kid. 

if their kids were better, a fun entry is Gordy and Snuka.

• Like 1