DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Discussion

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

Is he obsessed with feet?

Lol, now I’m wondering what the moveset of a wrestler with a foot fetish would look like.

Would his finisher be the stump puller?   I mean, if you sit on the dude and pull his leg far enough towards you, you might be able to get his boot in your mouth.  I guess it would depend on how flexible the opponent was, but it’s certainly worth a try.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I remember Snitsky being given a foot fetish gimmick for a short while. That dudes career was just one big slide downward starting from minutes after his main roster debut  (except for punting a baby into the crowd easily the high point of his career.

• Like 4

Jerry Lawler proposed a Kiss My Foot match with Bret Hart that he knew he would lose so he didn't have to pay for it like everybody else does. 

That's some next-level sleaze, if you really think about it. 

• Haha 1

Imagine you're Triple H. You got yourself into Vince's good graces after an early session in the doghouse. You slowly start to win his favor...and his daughter's. You marry into the family. You spend the next decade or so kow-towing to Vince, being the kind of mean-spirited bully that he respects. And you risk your current and future health roiding your body to obscene levels. Eventually you move from the stage to the office. You've given the guy grandkids. Finally, you figure you're in deep enough that you've got a sure thing, After all, the only other prospective heir is only good for jumping off high things and throwing worse punches than Ronda Rousey, and Vince clearly has never respected him. So after all this time, you start trying to change the company's antiquated ways of presenting "sports entertainment" and put your own stamp on creative...

...and it turns out you weren't in deep enough after all. 

Now, the LeVesque-McMahons will certainly live the rest of their lives in wealth and leisure, don't get me wrong. But still, all that time put into trying to become the next head of the WWE, that's a quarter-century of work gone down the drain...

Edited by The Comedian
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Sell.

No, Step 3 is Profit. Vince has unknowingly been using the Underpants Gnomes Business Model for decades

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 6/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Wolfpac made pretty much zero sense.  But Wolfpac was also CRAZY over..   The theme song.. the new merch.   WCW was nuts.

It was basically Nash building a faction with Konnan who was probably the most hip to popular culture at the time and the 2 most over babyfaces in Luger and Sting. Smart move on Nash's Part. Wolfpac became a thing because of Nash and Hulk and Eric's heat with Nash. It got so Over that Hulk had to realign with Nash. It would have been better for NWO to have been done by '98 but I'm sure Hulk was probably unsure about going back babyface that early and probably was scared to be ca singles act without being aligned with anyone else. I think if Hulk thought he was going to be Over as a Face again then I believe Bischoff would've cut the NWO all together much sooner

On 6/7/2022 at 7:13 PM, Sublime said:

I think I remember Snitsky being given a foot fetish gimmick for a short while. That dudes career was just one big slide downward starting from minutes after his main roster debut  (except for punting a baby into the crowd easily the high point of his career.

Yeah, they definitely gave him a foot fetish gimmick. They also had him shave his head and color his teeth yellow for a while too. 

His slide down the card came after the Kane feud. I remember he dominated Kane for a good portion of that feud too. He basically kicked the shit out of Kane at Taboo Tuesday 2004. I always thought it was hilarious how they kept pushing for a lead pipe or chairs match and the fans ended up voting for a steel chain which hadn't been featured in their feud at all. The best part of that match was Snitsky using a chair to Pillmanize Kane's throat and as Kane's coughing up blood and the refs have stopped it, Snitsky left for a minute and then sprinted back in, stomped on Kane once and pinned him. I always thought that was a great dick move. Just runs in and hits one stomp to be an asshole and pins Kane.

• Like 1

The whole "I wasn't my fault" thing was weirdly funny too. I vaguely remember him apologizing to Lita for the um....... yeah... that.... but he did so in verse to work in "It wasn't my fault."

.....Ruthless Aggression was some weird times, my dudes

Snitsky was my favourite wrestler in the world when he first showed up, I couldn't get enough of that guy, even bought a signed DVD from his days in the Wild Samoan fed, which I still have. Monster heel who just shows up, starts fucking with the top guys and intimidates his way towards the top of the card...

One night during my second year at university I did some magic mushrooms and became convinced that the WWE writing team scouted my efed, and had based Gene Snitsky's entire push/career on my wrestler, who was also a giant, gurning behemoth who did offensive things and was himself a bit of an ECW Rhino tribute. I was so completely assured that this was true that I was confident I need only go to Stamford and declare my genius to become a fully paid up member of Creative. Thankfully I didn't quite go that far, but I was magnanimous enough to buy an entire 24 pack of Carlsberg for my housemate and I from an all night beer vendor, because it was obvious that this expense would be a drop in the ocean once Vince's money came rolling in.

Edited by SturmCRF
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

Someone last month had the idea of a female Ric Flair character which I think is terrible but here's a terrible idea to go along with it...a female Jerry Lawer. An aging female comedian like Phylis Diller or Joan River who constantly makes gross comments about the size of wrestlers packages 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Hey if WCW can have fucking Arli$$ and Chucky on Nitro then WWE can have Jean Smart as her Hacks character guest host Raw. 

I know the first season had Marcus' mom getting into pro wrestling, but I was not expecting an AEW namedrop in the second season.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 7:38 AM, Technico Support said:

I feel like the "whistling" part of his entrance theme is very Kill Bill inspired, as well.  Really, wrestling needs more sly Tarantino references.  And fewer overt ones like Vince's IRL Monsieur Candy act.

Thunder Rosa has been sporting this look lately, which I guess is not very subtle, but still cool:

l8457FS.jpg

• Like 7