DVDVR Message Board

6/1/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

Punk was this close to being Shane Douglas to MJF's Pillman. "HE'S SHOOTING!" The emotion, the manipulation of the live audience, all of that was wonderful stuff. He could absolutely be a babyface there and I love the audience recognizing his brilliance. 

• Like 5

If the whole idea is that MJF is the world's biggest CM Punk fan, why not re-create CM Punk's biggest drawing feud? Only in this case, the company is the babyface, and the wrestler rebelling against the company is the heel.

• Like 3

SRS reported Khan and MJF met either yesterday or Monday later on. I'm guessing they figured out how to turn it into a work. It was Meltzer who said he's trying to be Pillman, right? This is the way. Can't wait for more. And Miro. And Roosh n Andrade. And Darby and O'Reilly killing each other. And Blood N Guts. I hope Jericho wins the hair match and keeps that shit until he looks like the witch from the 2015 movie. Just the stringiest, dirtiest, patchiest shit going. Let's goooooo.

• Like 6

That Blood and Guts has a chance to be the best Wargames match since Dangerous Alliance and Sting's Squadron. 

Mox, Bryan, Eddie, Jericho...  sign me the fuck up right now. 

Plus Danny Garcia can get down and Daddy Magic is a fantastic stooge... oh man 

• Like 6

What are the odds that MJF just accidentally (or maybe intentionally) turned himself face? Kind of hard to root AGAINST the guy who hates on his billionaire boss, as evidenced by much of the crowd reaction tonight. 

Alternately, if he remains a heel, I agree with others who have said this doesn't exactly have a lot of legs moving forward. I guess MJF can go through all the ex-WWE guys one by one on his way to beating Punk as a way of proving his worth...but then again, with the crowd being so anti-WWE you run the risk of turning, say, Moxley heel by framing the dynamic that way. That being said, if they were to go that route you could definitely turn Page (as the other top 'never been in WWE' guy) heel and have him sell his soul by teaming with MJF to become heel warlords of the sort Austin and HHH were after WMX7. 

Fun fantasy booking aside it's probably best they just never directly acknowledge WWE on air again. 

Just now, zendragon said:

The comparison to Punk is apt because In both cases I'm aware its scripted but it feels like the individual really believes it. Also curious to find out what the dropped audio was

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

There are historic examples of the boss wrestling that have been very commercially successful. Stat Boy knows. Richie Rich Tony vs Working Class Hero MJF incoming. 

MJF is anything but a working class hero. He’s been presented for three years as a young rich little brat. That’s his gimmick across like, every promotion he’s worked for. He has Burberry everything for fucks sake. It’s like Dusty being a hero for the working class but he’s got this super expensive fur coat.

• Like 4

I enjoy that there are at least two very viable, credible, and long-term planned out people to beat Punk (after he and Danielson sell out Wrigley or something equally cool). MJF and Kingston make a lot of sense.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

MJF is anything but a working class hero. He’s been presented for three years as a young rich little brat. That’s his gimmick across like, every promotion he’s worked for. He has Burberry everything for fucks sake. It’s like Dusty being a hero for the working class but he’s got this super expensive fur coat.

Then why's he called the Salt of the Earth? 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Finlay in AEW coming up!! Hopefully they'll all get together backstage and watch videos of the great TV matches his dad had with Regal. 

I like David Finlay. He's very good as expected, but he badly requires some reasonably decent ring gear.

9 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Dax HArwood does the Bret Hart Irish Whip spot during the picture in picture so JR can't make an awkward allusion to it. 

This feels like a JR touchstone. God bless anybody that can orchestrate a whole thread of JR quotes. I mean, let's really enjoy Jim's work.

Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter are just so a step ahead of every other woman wrestling in North America.  Actually, Athena is right there with them.  Things are looking good for the AEW women's division. 

I await things getting right and just in the pecking order of this Women's division. I know very little of Athena, but I certainly trust your opinion. I already dig Kiera Hogan. Very much looking forward to Rampage.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Weren't half the people here all set and happy MJF was fucking off and he couldnn't get to Staford fast enough?

Still don’t like him, still wish ya boys would take him.

• Like 1