DVDVR Message Board

6/1/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

If Punk had turned heel - as some predicted - I would've been 1000% on board with Kingston winning the title at the Arthur Ashe show (can you imagine the pop?) and then dropping it back within a month or two. The ol' Lex Luger in 97' thing. 

Luger held the title for five days. How crazy is it that WCW put their PPV main event out there on Nitro five days before the PPV and did a title change? Crazy unpredictable. Hogan won the title back at the PPV, but still. That's an air of unpredictability we don't get anymore.

I don't remember knowing it at the time (because I don't feel like it was hyped very hard) but that was the 100th episode of Nitro. That's why they wanted a big moment to cap off the night.

• Like 5

On 6/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, DMJ said:

I'm of the mind that Kingston doesn't need a title for long because, like Foley only a handful of others, he's so friggin' awesome at making every rivalry he's in feel like its a matter of life-or-death and that the stakes (usually personal pride) are much higher than material things like championship belts. Right now is a perfect example. Its no surprise that Jericho was very, very interested in working with Kingston as I think a lot of this JAS stuff would've been DESTROYED online if Uncle Eddie wasn't the audience surrogate. The fact that Eddie is out there every week believably trying to kill these fuckers keeps me from being too down on Jericho building an entire stable as a "WWE in joke" (I mean, we're not in Voodoo Kin Mafia territory here but...)

Sadly, somehow, Kingston's merch designs are just so unfortunate. I'm not sure if he needs to just crowd-source some ideas or what because I'd love to put some money in the dude's pocket but none of his tee-shirt designs on PWTees appeal to me at all. What I'd love is just something simple - a black and white head shot or a gnarly colored illustration of him with the gas can, on a black tee-shirt. No logos. No words. Ultra, ultra simple and clean. 

aew2478-1.png

aew2478-t.png

New arrival.

• Like 5