DVDVR Message Board

6/1/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 hours ago, DEAN said:

Maki Ito lards out locally, as opposed to Takesoup larding out to a national brand.

Well, she wanted Dunkin', of which there are none in Portland, so this was the compromise.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

This is 8 years old but still, in my opinion, a really interesting blogpost discussion about gourmet donuts from an archaeological/anthropological perspective:

https://paulmullins.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/the-refined-doughnut-taste-class-and-doughnut-respectability/amp/

There's no need to overcomplicate a fried ring of dough covered in a sugar glaze, tbh.

(She says, as she hasn't been to Country Style Donuts in months and had been contemplating making a trip last weekend.)

15 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

There's no need to overcomplicate a fried ring of dough covered in a sugar glaze, tbh.

(She says, as she hasn't been to Country Style Donuts in months and had been contemplating making a trip last weekend.)

My favorite is the simple cake donut, maybe with some cinnamon sugar if I'm feeling sassy. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JLowe said:

My favorite is the simple cake donut, maybe with some cinnamon sugar if I'm feeling sassy. 

When are you NOT feeling sassy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Nonsense, I can be overzealous in my beliefs about anything. For instance I exclusively eat cake donuts and firmly believe Los Angeles to be the world Mecca of the donut game. Also like those Polish jelly-filled things 

• Like 1

Hi, I just wanted to say that:

- I've been to Portland. Tried to go to a Voodoo Donuts, saw the size of the lineup and was like "Nope".

- I like the orange background on those match graphics.

- Was not expecting Hikuleo! (I know he's been on Dynamite before)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Is it possible for Ruby to NOT stick her tongue out when a camera is pointed at her?

Unfortunately, she's suffering from the same condition Sammy Guevara has and either Santana or Ortiz used to (?) have. The cause is unknown but apparently it can be cured. Why she hasn't sought treatment for it at this point is anyone's guess.

Oh, and you may have noticed that a lot of the times these days Sammy tries to hide his condition by sticking his tongue inside Tay Conti's mouth every time camera is on him, but as far as I know, that isn't an actual cure or a proper treatment for the condition.

Edited by Shartnado
Sammy tries to hide it...
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Apparently judging by the graphic for the 10 man tag Nick Jackson has the same affliction as well

I'll be damned! Now I'm getting worried it's actually contageous. Didn't think it was, but it's starting to look pretty bad.

9 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Is it possible for Ruby to NOT stick her tongue out when a camera is pointed at her?

Add in Big Wardy (Is All Elite). Tho, MJef perhaps had the cure with a poke to the eyes on Sunday - a highlight of their squash match.

14 hours ago, Casey said:

Pfft, the rematch everyone really wanted was Moxley/Hager!

Oh damn...I remember watching the empty arena match in the height of the pandemic, on DVR later at night, and absolutely not being able to keep my eyes open.

• Like 1

I'm way, way stoked for Garcia/Mox. Honestly, I want them to run Garcia/Danielson back too, maybe even a Pure title bout with Yuta at some point. I was there up in Connecticut for the first Garcia/Danielson, and the crowd was too damn tired by the main to really give em their due (though, they had us by the end of it, IIRC).

• Like 1

What's the NJPW schedule looking like - is it safe to assume we're getting more than Big Hikuleo from the New Japan side? It's not far out from this epic international clash.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

14 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

What's the NJPW schedule looking like - is it safe to assume we're getting more than Big Hikuleo from the New Japan side? It's not far out from this epic international clash.

I'm way out of the loop on TNA but I think some of the Bullet Club guys been on Impact with Jay White lately, so they're in the States at least.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t expect much NJPW participation until after Dominion (6/12). They are all hands on deck for that show right now. Jay and Okada are booked for the BOSJ finals on Friday (not sure what the Japan travel regs are right now and if Jay could do Dynamite and still be cleared for Friday). Shingo was wrestling in Japan as recently as yesterday.

However...Tanahashi is not booked for BOSJ and doesn’t have a match on Dominion yet, so...maybe him? I don’t keep up with wrestler socials, so if he has tweets showing him in Japan today, I’m ignorant of them.

Err, Ospreay too maybe, I guess. But that’s a big ugh.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2