DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Alan Angels gone from AEW?

It looks like Stu Grayson is gone too. It's possible the Dark Order may be shaken up a bit or disbanded. I'd rather Alex Reynolds/John Silver stick around but they may get lost in the tag team shuffle. Evil Uno can stay on Dark or go back to the indies. Preston Vance is a bit monster size guy (which AEW doesn't really have enough of), but he needs seasoning/a manager/a veteran to help him unlock his potential. Colt Cabana could be a lackey of CM Punk or just sod off back to the indies too.

Maybe Preston Vance can join the House of Black and change his look/unmask/get a different mask.

9 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

It looks like Stu Grayson is gone too. It's possible the Dark Order may be shaken up a bit or disbanded. I'd rather Alex Reynolds/John Silver stick around but they may get lost in the tag team shuffle. Evil Uno can stay on Dark or go back to the indies. Preston Vance is a bit monster size guy (which AEW doesn't really have enough of), but he needs seasoning/a manager/a veteran to help him unlock his potential. Colt Cabana could be a lackey of CM Punk or just sod off back to the indies too.

Maybe Preston Vance can join the House of Black and change his look/unmask/get a different mask.

Evil Uno runs their Twitch channel and most recently got invited to Obsidian along with Brandon Cutler. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Colt Cabana is absolutely not going to be a lackey for CM Punk. Where have you been since 2014, sir? ?

Alvarez confirmed that Angels’ contract expired. Remains to be seen whether he’ll keep turning up for Dark bookings as some have or if he’ll totally walk away like Stu.

Angels is a solid young wrestler but never really made the jump to being something more over the past 2 years. Could use some more seasoning elsewhere and maybe you bring him back down the line. I do think it was a booking mistake to have him take off the 5 mask, especially when he was just starting to figure out how to be an effective baby face under a hood. Became just another bald guy in the Dark Order.

With the loss of three DO guys this year, it’s just confirming my belief that TK missed a huge opportunity to get some mega heat for 10 turning heel on them by now. They could still do it down the line but I don’t think it will mean as much with half the DO already gone.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Evil Uno runs their Twitch channel and most recently got invited to Obsidian along with Brandon Cutler. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Colt Cabana is absolutely not going to be a lackey for CM Punk. Where have you been since 2014, sir? ?

Punk would never go for it but a feud between the two would end up being incredible because everyone knows the story and that they legit hate each other after having been best friends. 

Angels shouldn't have dumped the mask. The Mask > Nothing > Hat transition took too long. If he had figured out the hat sooner, he could have still been there.

They have to do something Dark Order related in Rochester and the gaps will be felt. They can do Reynolds/Silver vs Young Bucks or something maybe, I guess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

They have to do something Dark Order related in Rochester and the gaps will be felt. They can do Reynolds/Silver vs Young Bucks or something maybe, I guess.

Total speculation here, but perhaps the thought is running with Uno/Silver/Reynolds as a trios if and when those belts get introduced.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Bray did just recently trademark "Wyatt 6" which could be a Dark Order thing since there was never a 6 in the Dark Order. Maybe revamped DO coming soon?

Thats interesting. Could be his name, or could be the group name (assuming here the six are Bray, Uno, Silver, Reynolds, Vance, Anna). Not sure if D.O. might be too comedy-leaning to be congruous with his NXT/WWE stuff, but I could see the argument that a character change is necessary anyway given that House of Black are kind of the resident spooky boys now.

Edit: I should also say, I'm also not married to the idea of Bray coming in full-time period. Something else to consider: maybe there's more money in a Wyatt/Rowan/Strowman indy run, or a quick six-week Zack Ryder-style run during the trios title tourney (again, if that ever happens)

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

How many more fucking "dark/goth/creepy" groups do we need? There are already too many IMO.

(I violated my being nice, that's one strike).

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 3

Is it crazy to suggest Windham Rotunda lays off the evil-well-played-out-Malakai-struggling-withit-now-bullshit and the Dark Order refugees and focus his attention on tag gold with his brother? I've only seen Taylor Rotunda from a few NXT highlights from some time ago, but he seems to have much more potential than what I understand he exhibited on the 'main roster'. I also haven't seen a lot of Windham/Wyatt, but it seems like a tandem with his brother could provide a fresh and fun approach. If the Captain's available, perhaps he can come along too.

My hope for the Dark Order is Reynolds and Silver pair off already and take a slow building run at the tag titles (maybe under the ROH 'brand'). I'd love to see them feud with Uno and a returning Stu as well. Tho, Stu and Uno reuniting for a few New Japan tours might be nice too. I like the aforementioned idea of 10 rolling thru a few of his partners to get him going, but again, might be better to slide him to the Honorable branding and relinquish the hood. Colt seems poised for an ROH run and I'm thrilled for that. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

How many more fucking "dark/goth/creepy" groups do we need? There are already too many IMO.

(I violated my being nice, that's one strike).

This is fair, but the other side is that D.O. were the first dark/creepy/gothic group plus the Brodie Lee memory as well. I could see Dark Order being a group they keep around possibly forever (okay, not forever, but you get the idea) as an homage to his memory.

Plus, where would -1 go?! The sports entertainers and JAS?

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Take it with a grain of salt like anything, but I read semi- recently (probably when he was released) that Bo bought a farm and spends a lot of time working there setting up for life after the ring @HarryArchieGus

Interesting, I'd read something about him becoming a realtor, but I also read some comment recently (last month or so) that he made about returning to the ring shortly. I'm not sure how I retain any of this info about a wrestler I've barely seen.

• Haha 1

Taylor Rotunda lives on a farm with Liv Morgan, and apparently the both of them are studying real estate and all of that stuff to prepare for life after wrestling.

That being said, yeah, he said like two months ago he wasn’t done with wrestling, but I highly doubt either he or his brother get involved with AEW.

• Like 1

Re-mask Alan Angels and give him a new number. Problem solved.

Turn Chuck Taylor and have him scare little kids again. Problem solved.

Wyatt vs Hangman for the fate of the Dark Order’s souls? Problem solved?

Add two more sides to the ring. Problem Solved. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2022 at 6:20 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Shit I looked it up and you're right. Dude was only gone 8 days. I thought 4 weeks was too short. Damn, they really ran through a whole ass tournament and two title reigns (Mysterio & Cena) in 8 days to get to his return? Bad story telling.

The episode after Punk returned was comedy gold, though. Both Punk and Cena had claims to being the champion, whatever will they do? After talking about it all night, they announced at the end of the show that they would settle it... with a wrestling match! And everybody acted like this was an unforeseen stroke of genius.

• Haha 1