DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Matt is really smart about how he works around his limitations when he’s not in garbage matches, and I think he’s proven that he’s one of the best minds in the business. Lower mid card player/coach Matt was very good. 

It's amazing how many people don't get that.

• Like 6

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Sorry I'll let yall get back to DVDR Dinners Drive ins & Dives now ?

Hey, I only derail the Dynamite threads, mister, and this time @Gordlow outright invited us to do so. Hmph! HMPH!

As I said in the pics thread about the Marina & Rosa picture...

That's the most "Please start liking me again internet" picture I have ever seen ?

You gotta admire the thought process but that's the most dishonest peace offering picture of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

He's not wrong. I felt the same thing watching last night. 

To be fair, a lot of that time Sonny was in an angle with Janela. Can you blame them for not putting that on TV? :rimshot:

• Haha 3

On 6/15/2022 at 9:13 AM, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I just realized that Jeff's arrest happened at 9:45 AM.  I thought it happened more like 2:30 AM.

First question is: what sort of life are you living that you are blowing a .3 at 10 in the morning?  I assume if this was the result of a long night/early AM binge, he'd be sobering up by 10 AM.  Do bars even serve you that early in the morning?

My friend, let's talk about 3rd shift bars! Opening at 6AM around these parts. The law around here is that a bar has to close for at least 2 hours before they can reopen. So there's a few bars by me that close at 2-2:30AM and reopen at 6AM and I always saw folks drinking and smoking cigs outside on my way to work. Sometimes they were my friends so I would honk at them!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

My friend, let's talk about 3rd shift bars! Opening at 6AM around these parts. The law around here is that a bar has to close for at least 2 hours before they can reopen. So there's a few bars by me that close at 2-2:30AM and reopen at 6AM and I always saw folks drinking and smoking cigs outside on my way to work. Sometimes they were my friends so I would honk at them!

Season 2 of The Wire, the stevedores stop by the bar on their way to the docks for an eye-opener of raw egg in a beer

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 1:42 PM, (BP) said:

I think the nice thing about this board is that it isn’t like discussing wrestling on YouTube or Reddit and we should adjust the vibes in here, but what do I know. 

Yeah, I hate when people get worked up over stuff that doesn’t matter that much…

6 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

As I said in the pics thread about the Marina & Rosa picture...

That's the most "Please start liking me again internet" picture I have ever seen ?

You gotta admire the thought process but that's the most dishonest peace offering picture of all time.

Cody should have tried that with Omega. 

• Haha 1

Random thought: I really like how AEWs babyfaces and their factions work together. BCC working with not-LAX, Best Friends working with FTR who just worked with Punk. It's like they actually got each other's backs because they're all good guys.

I don't know if that's NJPW fanboyism as I don't watch New Japan but know it's faction-packed. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Random thought: I really like how AEWs babyfaces and their factions work together. BCC working with not-LAX, Best Friends working with FTR who just worked with Punk. It's like they actually got each other's backs because they're all good guys.

I don't know if that's NJPW fanboyism as I don't watch New Japan but know it's faction-packed. 

What I like in AEW is that its always pretty logical when random people team up, they always try to set it up with at least a small segment or something specific happening in a match. They almost never pair random people up for no reason on the main shows.

Its not just good guys randomly helping each other cuz they’re good guys. Trent and FTR started teaming up because the NJ guys messed up their tag match against each other which pissed them off. Enter OC now who is Trent’s friend so makes sense he’s involved too.

BCC started helping Eddie because he and Mox are still pals and they’re all about wrestling and hate sports entertainers. But they’re not all buddy buddy and Eddie and Bryan are on the verge of kicking the shit out of each other at any given time.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, zendragon said:
  Hide contents

I remember he stopped wearing the coat after Columbine. Did he ever wear one between then and now?

Spoiler

Plain black coat in WWE & TNA and did the fancy red/black one in both companies as well.

Edited by Casey
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, elizium said:

She's long and lanky, she and ZSJ would tie each other up in wacky lucha submissions. It's my #1 dream match

Settle down eliziumnetico!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2