DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

On 6/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Christian is said to be paid more than MJF by Wade I think. Surely JR, Jericho, Omega, the Bucks. Probably Jeff Hardy. I'm sure it's the obvious people and some new signees. 

Not sure why you would pay late-40s Christian that much for a guy who isn't really a proven draw and seldom ever wrestles.

• Like 1

This is the second time Christian parlayed being a WWE guy into a good payday and a main event run in a new promotion shortly before it was inundated with WWE guys. He’s great, so good on him. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, (BP) said:

This is the second time Christian parlayed being a WWE guy into a good payday and a main event run in a new promotion shortly before it was inundated with WWE guys. He’s great, so good on him. 

“The Proof of Concept,” Christian Cage.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I guess maybe do this here so the Rampage thread can be about Rampage?

Who ya got for interim champion? Page waiting anxiously for the real champ to appear and smash him again? Mox or Bryan so Punk can get a match he wants? Adam Cole because someone thinks very highly of him? Don't think they break glass on Kingston right now. It's a shame MJF has either been released or buried. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
53 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Who ya got for interim champion?

O9OftQr.gif

(I doubt they'll do it, but my glee would be monumental if they did it.)

Just now, Stefanie the Human said:

O9OftQr.gif

(I doubt they'll do it, but my glee would be monumental if they did it.)

I'd actually call for the other Team Taz member not related to Taz to at least win the battle royal and lose to Mox. Hobbs isn't a bad shout, but Starks is ready to take that next step and is super over now.

• Like 6

I imagine it'll be Mox and we'll get the long-awaited Mox vs Tana match at Forbidden Door...

But I'd love an unexpected swing for the fences and have a big man like Hobbs or Keith Lee or Wardlow or Miro or, say, Brody King clear the ring and dominate the Battle Royal, then squeak out a banana peel win over Mox... Elevate one more guy into that Main Event/World Champion tier. 

Maybe have a couple of guys get shortish runs before Punk comes back. Set them up as future contenders vs Punk.

But I would be fine, totally fine, with Mox.

Or Bryan. Or Kingston.

Or Tanahashi! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I guess maybe do this here so the Rampage thread can be about Rampage?

Who ya got for interim champion? Page waiting anxiously for the real champ to appear and smash him again? Mox or Bryan so Punk can get a match he wants? Adam Cole because someone thinks very highly of him? Don't think they break glass on Kingston right now. It's a shame MJF has either been released or buried. 

Bryan Danielson. You have the best wrestler in the world, you put the top belt on him. Should have over Adam Page. Utilise that asset.

• Like 1

There's dream matches and hell matches, the latter applies to Adam Cole vs. Penta. Adam Cole does nothing for me and Penta really annoys me with the spam taunting. Least Penta has a look and he uses Hiroshi Tanahashi's Sling Blade.

Honestly, they should have Hangman Page be the interim champion. I really feel there's a lot of unfinished business for him as a champion. He could defend against Adam Cole again, Ricky Starks, Powerhouse Hobbs, Eddie Kingston, Chris Jericho, Moxley, Keith Lee, Jake Hager (guy has been there for 2+ years and he's never sniffed a World title match?), Miro, Dustin Rhodes, Samoa Joe (not sure how well he would do), even Sammy Guevara, Lee Moriarty and Daniel Garcia (although Garcia would probably not do well due to his being undersized).

I would hold off on Wardlow until either Punk comes back or Page/whoever the interim champion is becomes the permanent champion. Wardlow really isn't ready and needs another feud to establish himself and be more than "Batista in 2022."

Notice I didn't say MJF because I would hope AEW isn't going to go that route of doing something that obvious (I honestly have no desire to see MJF on TV again and/or in endless promo wars with CM Punk when Punk returns). That ship not only sailed, it sank.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 3