DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Wasn't Tom Zenk in one of the short-lived championship teams, as well? The last title he ended up holding in WCW (or anywhere, I guess)? I forget his partners, but maybe JYD and Dustin? Ricky Morton? Tommy Rich? No, the last two did hold them as heels, I think? Very random, regardless. I liked the idea of it, a lot, but haven't seen much of that material.

Zenk was with Big Josh and Dustin, last champs were the York Foundation, making Morton and Rich the first and last champs, since they won the first reign with JYD and the last reign with Terrance Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Matt Hardy made some alarming comments on his pod concerning Jeff being KO'd early in the PPV match that perhaps raises some discussion concerning concussion protocol...

"He doesn’t remember the match at all after that happened, so thank God The Young Bucks are The Young Bucks and I’m me and we were — he was literally just a vessel being given directions throughout the match to kind of do what he was supposed to do. So considering he really got knocked loopy terribly at some point earlier in the match, he still did pretty good to go through and do everything he did. It’s so funny that he’s just still such a great athlete and so good at what he does. If you’re looking at the Swanton he does on the stairs, he still does it perfectly and he didn’t realize he was supposed to do it until he was told he was supposed to do it.”

Maybe having him do a Swanton onto the stairs isn't such a good idea in that state?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Matt Hardy made some alarming comments on his pod concerning Jeff being KO'd early in the PPV match that perhaps raises some discussion concerning concussion protocol...

Maybe having him do a Swanton onto the stairs isn't such a good idea in that state?

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

I wondered watching that match if Jeff had gotten concussed but I couldn't figure out where it happened.  

AEW has a bad record for letting wrestlers knocked out continue: Matt Hardy, Alex Reynolds, Sammy Guevara and Jeff Hardy. Terrible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I wondered watching that match if Jeff had gotten concussed but I couldn't figure out where it happened.  

I think it was the Whisper in the Wind spot. His one boot came loose and he almost slipped, then he corrected and hit it, but that’s when he rolled into the corner and sat there for five minutes. 

• Like 1

I think it was Poetry in Motion a bit before that. One of the Bucks countered it with a kick and Jeff landed hard. He moved really slowly after that. His equilibrium was off just trying to get up on the turnbuckle for Whisper. Didn't help his boot broke the same time either. 

• Like 3

AAA just posted this match and ONE forgets a.) How fucking awesome FTR are.  And  b.) How fun wrestling can be.  Vickie Guerrero is a SUPERSTAR.  They HAVE to have Dralistico and Dragon Lee come in for the ROH PPV to try to take the belts back, since their brother is a partner with Andrade now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Holy shit. Given TK’s love for ROH, what if we get a repeat of Cage of Death?!

AmDrag gets into a fight with Eddie and then fucks off. The good guys are outnumbered until…

I would mark the fuck out so hard.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, elizium said:

We noticed you from across the bar and liked your vibe

I realize it is ancient by meme standards but "E-girl and her podcaster boyfriend" also works perfectly for this.

• Like 1